3bob

3rd eye hype?

can you explain what you mean by that a little more please?

Staying with the same author:

“The crown chakra is the centre of higher intuition or the higher buddhic faculty. This faculty when fully developed, manifests as “direct knowing” or “direct inner perception.” It is knowing without having to study. What is learned through the buddhic faculty in a few minutes will require weeks, if not months, to put into words.”

Staying with the same author:

“The crown chakra is the centre of higher intuition or the higher buddhic faculty. This faculty when fully developed, manifests as “direct knowing” or “direct inner perception.” It is knowing without having to study. What is learned through the buddhic faculty in a few minutes will require weeks, if not months, to put into words.”

Actually, the crown chakra is contains way more than just "direct knowing" or higher intuition. The crown chakra looks like a bathing cap of petals. The petals are all pointing downwards. Each petal, (there are supposed to be 1008 of them..) contains its own siddhi. Direct knowing is just one of them. If you succeed in attaining a siddhi, that petal will point upwards.

Up near the center of the head, closer to the top back inside the skull, there is a clear luminous space which can be seen internally after many hours of certain types of meditation, like visualizing a mantra while silently sounding it. This space is the source of all true intuitions. Beyond that space, about a foot above the head, there is a bright star. When knowledge comes from that space, it is always true. It is differerent from thought. It is much faster than thought. Bang, and you know something and you know that it is true. It came "from the top of your head". And, it is very hard to manipulate that space. You have to be "above" the normal thoughts that usually block or veil it.

However, I wouldn't call that the third eye vision. When the third eye is open, not only can you see visions, faces and other planes, but if you close your eyes you can see the physical world through the third eye. The third eye resembles an orange red flaming peacock's feather and it sits what seems to be about 2 inches in front of the forehead from between the brows. When you look through it with normal eyes closed, people look like vaporous beings and most people have a large black flame emanating from their navel area.

The crown is usually compared to the pineal gland and the third eye is sometimes compared to the pituitary gland. However, the whole third eye, when it is activated seems to be a structure that starts at the medulla area and progresses outwards past the center of the brows. Some say that it is the joining of the circuit between the pineal and the pituitary. That is what the Red Phoenix is supposed to connect (Kunlun).

I did years of spinal breathing and even turned spinal breathing into a form of tummo, using the heated mixture (vase breathing) to perform spinal breathing (from the navel to the center of the eyebrows). It was Kunlun that opened up my third eye to the point where I could see the orange red peacock feather like eye beyond the forehead. It is really hard to open the third eye. For me it was a combination of all three practices... Butta shudi mantra, spinal breathing with heat and Kunlun.

After a month or so, the novelty of being able to drive my car with eyes closed and the ability to see people as vaporous beings kind of wore off. Although it is very interesting, it doesn't make you enlightened. And there is nobody to talk to about it because I haven't found anyone who has had the same abilities and experiences.

So, it can be confusing for most people. It is easy to visualize, to visualize and then jump into it like in a dream, or see faces and inner mind phenomenon and think it is the third eye. Maybe it is a partially open third eye. And there are so many mind functions that occur in roughly the same area of the skull. What is helpful is to spend allot of time watching the mind and learning the different traits of the phenomenon in order to distinguish between them.

Edited by Tibetan_Ice
  • Like 4

....And of course it would or could be dangerous to dabble with any of this stuff without being under the direction and help of a true teacher!  (and lineage)

Edited by 3bob

Anyway, my first post was another way of trying to say that all sorts of visionary stuff is said to be a fringe benefit of realization and not the true goal in itself, (and or not the true Self)  more so if one gets stuck in some grand realm although that would seem to be better than getting stuck in some un-grand one.

Edited by 3bob

Re:

-----

",,,about a foot above the head, there is a bright star. When knowledge comes from that space, it is always true. It is differerent from thought. It is much faster than thought. Bang, and you know something and you know that it is true. It came "from the top of your head". And, it is very hard to manipulate that space. You have to be "above" the normal thoughts that usually block or veil it."

-----

Yes.

-VonKrankenhaus

Actually, the crown chakra is contains way more than just "direct knowing" or higher intuition. The crown chakra looks like a bathing cap of petals. The petals are all pointing downwards. Each petal, (there are supposed to be 1008 of them..) contains its own siddhi. Direct knowing is just one of them. If you succeed in attaining a siddhi, that petal will point upwards.

Yes attaining the Golden lotus and when the lotus at the crown fully blooms.

• Like 1