Seth Ananda

Why are so many Men posting in Nuwa, the Female sanctuary?

As I said on post 2, this thread has Pit written all over it and should never have been posted at all.

Well we don't agree on much these days, but absolutely on that score. It seemed destined to stir up mud and that's exactly what it did.

• Like 1

Moderation Message

Karl has been suspended from the forum for a period of 48 hours for the making of posts on this thread of a negative and derailing nature.

This will allow a return to the original topic by those who have positive comments to make.

• Like 2

I thought Nuwa was Womens cultivation but not barred to men, whereas there is a specific sub section within there called "Womens Sanctuary" which is women only.

Plus some of the threads were moved in there from other sections which accounts for some of the male posters

Not that I see any difference between male and female cultivation myself

Thank you Jetsun, that appears to be exactly how it works. What a good idea!

That pretty much answers my query for this thread :)

• Like 1

It in no way suggests that men are not allowed to comment in this thread. Whilst I am a member of the Moderation team I was not posting with my Mod Cap on. I was simply "asking" for a level of decent behaviour.

It is my belief that you are well aware of this and are engaged in simple mischief making. Your behaviour is in fact derailing this thread and I would suggest that you discontinue.

You said: "I would ask that any further comment in this thread is left for female users of that section of the Dao Bums rather than us men making clever comments."

Isn't that the same thing as saying men shouldn't post in this thread? Seems pretty plain to me and what Karl was referring to.

You said: "I would ask that any further comment in this thread is left for female users of that section of the Dao Bums rather than us men making clever comments."

Isn't that the same thing as saying men shouldn't post in this thread? Seems pretty plain to me and what Karl was referring to.

It is not the same thing as saying that men should not post in this thread. If you choose to misconstrue my words then you are free to do so. I have already clarified my intent and do not intend to do so again.

I urge that further posts in this thread stay on topic.

How is it misconstrued? You explicitly and clearly expressed the desire that only women should post in this thread. It's clear as day for everyone to see.

Then you ban someone for not agreeing with your authoritarian position. Something is very wrong here.

Eh...decided not to post after all. Applying my all too often forgotten if-I´m-just-posting-to-hear-myself-talk-delete-it rule.

Edited by liminal_luke
  • Like 2

Thank you Jetsun, that appears to be exactly how it works. What a good idea! That pretty much answers my query for this thread :)

Yes, Jetsun has explained it correctly and it is the sub-forum which is 'women only'.

And while Nuwa and Fuxi do not exclude the other gender, it is supposed to be strongly focused topics to the one gender.  That was a mouthful, so I'll try to give some examples:

Nuwa: Topics focused on women's cultivation but men could post to it if the topic is focused on women's cultivation.

Fuxi:   Topics focused on men's cultivation but women could post to it if the topic is focused on men's cultivation.

Kunlun Garden Grotto:  If the topic is cultivation for both genders or when in doubt about if the focus is really going to be on one side, then also post it here.

@Seth: Thanks for raising this... members with some history here know this is not about segregation but rather an attempt to value all members...  and a recognition that a 99% male forum do not easily extend such value to female members. 

I believe this has given some female members something they would never otherwise get and gives them a reason to be here... and opens up our gender discussions even more.  

• Like 4

Yes there is a Mens forum, a Buddhist forum, a Hindu forum and Occult forum... If someone really wants one they can probably get one.

Please try to stay on topic.

I helped spearhead the move that got those forums created, and I have not looked till then. I was curious how it was going, and saw a bunch of stuff from men there. I was not there to comment as it is not my place to comment. That is why I posted it in general.

The shit women have had to deal with on this forum from certain men here, and the shit storm that ensued from trying to get proper forum rules in place to disallow marginalizing, sexist or hateful comments towards any group led to the creation of those subforums.

Anyway, hopefully Jetsun is right.

... and the shit you are getting for even bringing it up    :unsure:

• Like 3

Having said that, Seth, I just had a look in Nvwa, and it would appear that there have only been a couple of new topics started in the last few months, and that our female members just haven't had much to say... in the same way that there hasn't been much male activity in the Fuxi section (though there have been more than enough topics posted about the overtly male topic of semen retention in the Daoist Discussion and other forums... :glare:)

Maybe they need to practice  'post retention'  - it could be a similar ......  issue. 

• Like 1

As I said on post 2, this thread has Pit written all over it and should never have been posted at all.

fear ? ... anger ?   some sort of unfairness  ?... annoyance for some reason ?...    WTF is your underlying problem with it ? 

Its like some people here are worried about what the topic might bring up 

... well, it  IS gonna bring something up !

Moderation Message

Karl has been suspended from the forum for a period of 48 hours for the making of posts on this thread of a negative and derailing nature.

This will allow a return to the original topic by those who have positive comments to make.

Told ya !

Not long after that forum was created, I made a post in it about what I thought was an interesting subject for women, but also men. I was asked why I chose that forum to put it in. My reason was simple ( to me ) but I detected something else inside the question,  So, without argument, I politely retired ... and haven't been back . 

Why do some of you guys need to poke it ?    

Well, if we can´t post in the Women´s Sanctuary, at least we can still post in the general forum about how we feel about not posting in the Women´s Sanctuary. I guess that´s something.

• Like 2

Maybe i'm missing something but I am curious how the women here feel about the invasion?

White-Knight-in-Fort-Collins.jpg

Like innate self-worth as a man and the subtext to your pretext?

Emotional confrontation, and abuse can be very damaging.

Indeed, especially deepset dysfunctions like codependency for all involved...

51PBm0IBH5L._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpgwhite-knight-3.jpg

knight-copy.jpgcycle_of_codependency__anger-1.jpg

DDT-Character-Triangle1.png

Edited by gendao
  • Like 2

Like innate self-worth as a man and the subtext to your pretext?

Indeed, especially deepset dysfunctions like codependency for all involved...

White-Knight-in-Fort-Collins.jpg

51PBm0IBH5L._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpgwhite-knight-3.jpg

knight-copy.jpgcycle_of_codependency__anger-1.jpg

DDT-Character-Triangle1.png

What does this post have to do with the subject at hand?

Eh...decided not to post after all. Applying my all too often forgotten if-I´m-just-posting-to-hear-myself-talk-delete-it rule.

huh, if I followed that I'd.. probably.. have.. a much lower post count.. like 10 :).

Still, the subject on hand is-  On the Female Only sub-forum, its supposed to be woman only.  I broke that rule once, was reminded of it, and backed away.   Simple respect, nothing fancy or philosophizing about it. 

• Like 2

^^ What's the subject have to do with reality at hand? Just a quick scan of Nuwa shows the current top 5 threads by men(?) to be:
Iron Supplement for Women?
Female Dan
Meaningful pictures of woman alchemy
The Auspiciousness of Being a Woman: Yeshe Tsogyal, Tibet's Amazing Mother
"Sita Ram'" (Hindu related singing)
Does the OP really have a problem with such diverse topical contributions - simply because they come from men?

Are the men here that desperate to be seen as teachers or guides to women

Lol, paging Byron Katie...
psychoanalysis-freud-httpmaxweberhunterc

Edited by gendao

Double entendre.

HA!

Did you like the quadruple one  at post # 37 too   :)

Edited by Nungali

< snip >   graphs , slogans, diagrams etc  <snip > 

Go away .... or I shall subdue your knight with my white dragon . 

Edited by Nungali