MooNiNite

Is the earth round/spherical?

Earth Shape  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Is the Earth Round?

• Yes
    • No

But then, some people hold to false beliefs religiously because if they let go their false beliefs they would no longer have a reason to live.

But when you do release them .... the freedom is wonderful !

Hmmmm ... why did that statement just remind me of  'divorce'      :unsure:

• Like 1

But when you do release them .... the freedom is wonderful !

Hmmmm ... why did that statement just remind me of  'divorce'      :unsure:

That is funny.  I do understand the connection.

• Like 1

going to supermarket ... first time there alone after a relationship split up;

Ooooo   that looks good  what a  pity 'we '  dont like it and 'cant ' afford to waste money on it  .....  

Wait ! .....     'we'  ? ? ?  .....  actually, I will have 4 of those .... and 2 of these and 8 of them ....  now .... where do they keep the beer ?  

going to supermarket ... first time there alone after a relationship split up;

Ooooo   that looks good  what a  pity 'we '  dont like it and 'cant ' afford to waste money on it  .....  

Now that sounds like my best friend.  He is still married.

• Like 1

I like how he debunks the boat going over the horizon thing.

That's too long for me to listen to.  Can you summarize?

Thanks.  It was obvious to me since the river was "flowing", the surface was not flat.  Of course, I know about gravity and the natural movement of water.

The roundness of Earth was proved over two thousand years ago.

And yes, it was even proved a few hundred years ago that the Earth is not the center of the universe.  (I am.)

That's too long for me to listen to.  Can you summarize?

At about 22 mins in there is a shot of some woman's boobs.

However the 'science' is laughable.

Just from the first couple of minutes:

a ) gyroscopes maintain stability through angular momentum and 'point' towards the centre of the earth ... which is actually quite a good proof of the earth's roundness and not the other way round.

b  )  the escape velocity needed to 'spin off' water of anything else from the earth is about 25,000 mph (http://www.qrg.northwestern.edu/projects/vss/docs/space-environment/2-whats-escape-velocity.html) so the earth spinning at 1000 mph is not enough to disperse water into space ... and the reason there are land masses at the equator is because of height of the earth surface above current sea level ... which obviously takes in all effects.

Edited by Apech
  • Like 1

At about 22 mins in there is a shot of some woman's boobs.

A woman's boobs are approx. 75% fat.  If I want to fondle fat I can just play with my belly or butt.

• Like 2

A woman's boobs are approx. 75% fat.  If I want to fondle fat I can just play with my belly or butt.

You have a very prosaic view on life.

• Like 2

I feel unwell now    :wacko:  

I also refuse to link the two images together in my unconconscious   ....    I refuse !  GODDAMIT !      :(

.....    or I am ruined forever !     

16814394818_7569df27c0_m.jpg

• Like 1

Hmnn, in flat earth theory, are any of the celestial objects spheres?  Is the moon?  Are the planets?  Are the planets moons spheres?   Orbits and retrograde orbits (ie planets reversing there orbit) is there a cogent theory for there actions beyond 'that's the way god made it?'

What aspects of modern astronomy are considered hoaxes?  The Milky Way, is our galaxy, the faint light ringing the sky that we see a hoax?  That some things that look like stars are actually other galaxies, is that made up?  Is virtually every discover in the 20th century astronomy and all astronmers, classifying galaxies, finding planets, mapping the universe and its expansion, every satellite (weather, TV, GPS, Spy), every space mission, every shuttle, every probe from every country all hoaxes?  Is none of it real?

Its all a conspiracy ... remember  .... unless you are one of those 'sheeple' 

02e8795738120a1ad825ca3be6d3bf5f.jpg

• Like 2