AussieTrees

Poison the rats or what can anyone suggest.

Yes, the rats took the money for nesting material and made a nest inside the wall. 

There may well be a joint or two in there as well   ;)

BF  GF  ..... Oh ? no hipster lingo eh ?  

• Like 1

I always abbreviate all my abbreviations and encapsulate all my acronyms inside acronyms.

I also used to have a t-shirt that read:

ESCHEW OBFUSCATION

That was kinda fun.

• Like 1

Hi all you rat lovers,

So lying in bed last night,have not heard a sound past few days,last night was cold,so they came back.

Lying in bed thinking all clear not a sound,felt like missing the rat noises,no sooner having such thoughts,the rat noises returned.

So tried the rat gong,the funny thing just as thoughts of how do we communicate with rats,what is the language,the rat does

'rat tat tat',so return with a tap tap tap on the wall,so the rat does tap tap,that was as far as we got,after that the rat started scratching,ruining the mood,the sought of growling,hum pong sounds.That last bit is this predictive text,just humping sounds.

Whilst all this racket was going on,the chi awareness really strong,why don't we get the poison,everyone else does.There are plenty of animals that visit daily,cockatoo,possums make a racket and often claw their way up the weather boards,wattle bird dive into the compost as we throw out scraps,galahs roost in nearby trees,and we have native rats clawing around walls and ceiling,all the same.

Fell asleep with these thoughts,good sleep,felt like awake but asleep.

Be summer in two days,things should warm up again,maybe a snake might turn up.

The only thing perceived from the rat gong was rats see in a circular fashion,like a spiral,there is much,"what?what?"

How do you remember you were a human in a previous life,he couldn't answer,just"I was,I was".

Edited by Aussie

yeah but ..... 

possom jumps from tree down onto roof  CRASH!  scamper - racket ! 

Birds scurry around on the roof.  I even got a lizard scurrying around up there ... he comes out and sunbakes on the skylight, I can see him from underneath ... he makes a shuffling sound . I am happy he lives up there.

Snake makes a sliding sound - good. 

Sometimes, 'swoooop .. crash ! '    'scream'   ( an owl catching something on the roof ? )

All good and fine. 

But there is  something about  that rat noise !       :angry:  especially the scurrying dragging nesting material around  .... especially when I can hear them ripping up the insulation  paper and annoyingly that digging loud scratching sound like they are trying to claw their way through solid wood  ( which they can do )  ....

like they started 2 nights ago ....  

smash smash  smash !    with the axe handle   .... they have run off ... now all my lower cupboards smell like rats ... and rat piss,  because I heard noise in there ... and let it go.  Now a big clean out .... again!   :(

No .... there is something about  that  sound  . 

....  ummm ....   your rat was human in past life ? ? ?  

Okey dokey then .... 

giphy.gif

• Like 1

or even around the wood and through the concrete !

atlanta-rat-hole.jpg

rats-door-oly-om2sp-24mm-2-8.jpg?w=194&h     rats-door-oly-om2sp-24mm-2-8-inset.jpg?w

" In the bottom left corner there was a saucer next to a small hole where someone had written “It all starts with the rats”

• Like 1

Sunday morning lying in bed,thinking,'well it is quiet,so maybe the rodents have moved on'.

No sooner does this thought come up,then can hear the rodent problem has not gone away,the current ones feel like they maybe the european rat,not as noisy as the antekinus.

So lying in bed wandering what to do?Then remember Nungali posting that large snake.

Now we do not have a snake,so having thoughts to mimick noise that a snake would make.

Worked a treat,by rubbing finger tips on painted wall,was able to create a sound,like scales rubbing.No sooner started this immitation snake sound,you could hear the scampering rodents departure.

Kept the sounds going.Our paintwork is relatively fresh,painted about two years ago,gives a good clean surface to make errie snake noises.

Feel really pleased with this breakthrough.The more thoughts about the rat,they know what a snake is,and they don't have to see it to know the best defence from a snake is evacuation.

Will see if any rodents return tonight,they will get more immitation snake noises,rasping scale sounds made with finger tips,bit like rubbing clean glass with fingers.

This is now our front line defence.

Hi Nungali,

Worked again last night,imitation snake noises and you can hear the rats scurry outside.

Well if they don't go,maybe we will have no choice,poison the rats away?

Doesn't seem the way,killing anything that gets in our way.poisoning,trapping,whatever manner of destruction?

Friend told me last night;

"You remember last year when I lost that $300 in 50s off the table and I accused my BFs son of nicking it ... and it started a big fight ?  Well yesterday the builder was doing some rewiring , pulled off some wall boards and found a rats nest with   5 $50s in it ... we looked around and found the other one ... all in good condition. "

^_^

hmnn, so the big question iss

what did the rats spend the $50 on??

• Like 1

She later found it at the bottom of the wall cavity, must have fell out the nest. 

This weeks count ;

neighbour borrowed my live trap; 5 rats in 4 days caught inside the house (that were making noises, coming and  going, nesting )  and released. Trap returned ... I got 2  over three days ... still heard one in wall this morning .

I dont believe warm weather makes them move outside.

On another note, mowing the  grass yesterday, it got a bit long, I just missed a clutch of bluish spotted eggs in a little nest in the grass .   I didnt mow the area around it and made a little surround and a bit of cover to protect it, I hope the parents come back.

What a crazy place to keep eggs, a snake, goanna, other bird anything could get them ... just lying there on the ground.  Must be a  quail or  ' land rail runner ' or something ? 

2012-11-16-buff-banded-rail.jpg?itok=igk

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 1

Well, I hope the little Samantha's hatch .  Eggs alone this morning .

Samantha's eggs . 

Samantha's eggs, bacon, toast, beans ... nice breakfast.

• Like 1

You have been quiet lately ?     I was hoping you would comment in the Atlantis thread about the idea that Kircher's map of Atlantis is a copy of an Egyptian map .  . . . a bit of Egyptological learnin might not go astray there ! 

• Like 1

You have been quiet lately ?     I was hoping you would comment in the Atlantis thread about the idea that Kircher's map of Atlantis is a copy of an Egyptian map .  . . . a bit of Egyptological learnin might not go astray there ! 

Atlantis thread? I shall go and search the ocean for it.

• Like 1

The rats have not really gone,much quieter than they can be.

But no they are sharing our home,not really welcome,though this seems to be developing,just at the resigned stage.

When it is really quiet at night,no wind,still as can be,why don't the rats make any noise.

Still practicing difference energy transfers with the rats mixed with tree energy,so has become more of a 'brain storming'qigong.

So regard it as a learning exercise,last thing as the mind drifts off to sleep and melds with wakeful dreaming.

And sleep is restful.

Atlantis thread? I shall go and search the ocean for it.

Egyptian cat says you should post there 

article-2540580-1AB416B800000578-198_634

• Like 1

Neighbour drops in yesterday,she has seen a snake,a large tiger snake.

Then complaining as to how she should get rid of it,because it was so big.

Then explained how we would like to have her snake at our place.

"Better to have a snake stalking under the house,otherwise you could have a rat problem,like ours"

She lives up in the hills and on her own,so there is anxiety.

Seeing snakes provokes anxiety,if you can remain calm,they are interesting to watch.

You never see them often,but they are still around,doing a good job,i.e. eating rodents.

Last year saw a beautiful tiger snake,good size and plump looking with alternating light and dark banding colours,very quickly disappeared into a rat burrow straight down into the earth.

We don't see snakes around the house,but that doesn't mean that we have none,just haven't seen them.

And of course we have rodents,so maybe they will balance out.

What happens to a snake that eats a poisoned rat?

post-112539-0-32145000-1450083526_thumb.jpegpost-112539-0-85156000-1450083454_thumb.jpegpost-112539-0-27222900-1450083413_thumb.jpegpost-112539-0-24220000-1450083376_thumb.jpeg

Ha ha,found this today,nearby house,this should balance our antechinus problem.

post-112539-0-00541900-1450090422_thumb.jpeg

Shadow rat.

Edited by AussieTrees

The rats are good.

It's the mice,partner fed up with mice scampering about the kitchen,put out poison.

Personally was getting used to them,occasionally having mild interaction,like nature showing more.

Well no protesting,just acceptance of others choices,and maybe a little relief.

The rats have mostly gone,the weather is hot,41C forecast for tomorrow,that's really hot,with northerly desert winds forecast,total fire ban day.Lightening strikes are predicted ahead of a cool change and widespread rain.

Insects are everywhere so maybe the rats have gone out to feed on them,saw one this morning,they are the antechinus marsupial,with very small tails,still have not seen any google images of them with the small tails.

Yeah we poisoned the mice but not the rats/antechinus marsupial,and now that it has warmed up our rats have vacated,not heard these past few weeks.

Miss them a bit,wonder if they will return next year,haven't done the planned renos so they probably will.

BTW we still have mice,mmm maybe get a cat,no we had a cat,promised never to get another cat,unless you know of a cat that won't catch and eat birds.

post-112539-0-18089700-1453447857_thumb.jpegpost-112539-0-96300200-1453447869_thumb.jpegpost-112539-0-76398300-1453447887_thumb.jpegpost-112539-0-89893700-1453447900_thumb.jpeg

Rodents be wary,new young snake in town.

Partner took these pics,on another really hot day.Says the snake in our shed was about two foot long.