Arkx6

Qi gong feats

I saw him point at street lights and turn them off on two ocassions and walk near streetlights and turn them off on 7 ish ocassions...(he mentioned he couldnt point at lights and turn them off often as it shot energy out of his finger and left it cold while it recovered) This second effect of him affecting lights when walking near them seemed entirely unintentional and a side effect of his Qi field im guessing.

It is fairly common for street lights to have light sensors mounted on the street light poles somewhere. When people walk by street lights, they can change the amount of light hitting these light sensors and cause street lights to turn off or on. I think almost anyone has probably noticed street lights sometimes turning off or on as you walk or drive past them at dusk or at night. This effect of course has nothing whatsoever to do with people having special powers, but I have seen some people who jump to conclusions that they have special powers that affect street lights, when in reality there is a very simple explanation. :)

• Like 1

Also, aging bulbs often start a cycle of overheating, shutting off, and then clicking back on again. Friend of mine had to buy me a beer once over such a light...

Anyone can do qi gong abilties you just need stupid blind followers like these guys

Damo Mitchell has a pretty interesting perspective on Empty Force:

The first mental ability we should discuss is that of ‘empty force’. There has been a great deal of interest in ‘empty force’ in the martial arts world and a lot of controversy. If you go onto the internet you will find numerous videos of teachers using this skill on their students, some dubious and some real. Empty force is the ability to move or knock down an opponent with no physical contact whatsoever. Qi is projected through empty space from the teacher into his student who usually bounces away from him like a rubber ball, often for quite some distance. Sometimes empty force is combined with a physical touch so that a teacher will lightly touch his students with his fingers

and send them flying as though they had been hit by a very powerful force. To an onlooker this can look as if the teacher has supernatural powers and so consequently it is often presumed to be fake. The fact is that empty force is indeed real; it is just misunderstood and often misrepresented by the practitioners of this skill. Some teachers have claimed that empty force is some kind of weapon that can be used to stop any attacker. This is not true. I have met several teachers who used empty force and in each case they could only use the skill on their own students who had trained with them for some time; it was normally useless against a person they had not met before although there are occasional exceptions if a person is particularly sensitive to Qi flow. Does this make empty force fake or useless? No. While it may be useless as a weapon, it is very useful as an internal teaching aid. Empty force works as Qi and Shen are projected from the practitioner into another person. Remember that Qi and Shen are vibrational waves that carry information. The information contained within this wave is dictated by the mind of the practitioner who has gained the skill of empty force. The information passes into the energy system of the target which then makes the person move around according to the will of their teacher. This relies on the target being energetically awakened enough to interpret the information contained within the Qi being transmitted into them. It does not rely on any form of autosuggestion as the receiver of this information may have their eyes closed and have Qi and Shen projected into their back and yet they still react according to the will of their teacher. A skilled teacher can choose to have their student moved in any direction they want or even in some cases manipulate their body movements to make them squat, run, spin or dance which is often very amusing to watch. The usefulness of this is that the empty force projection moves the target’s Qi strongly through their meridians. This induced flow of Qi carries with it information from the teacher’s own energy system which helps to awaken the student and move them quickly through the Nei Gong process. In this way empty force is used to pass on the internal teachings of the Daoist arts. While it is true that it may now be used to floor a student, we should reiterate here that it cannot be used to knock down an enemy. There are accounts of this being the case in the past but whether these are true or not I do not know. Perhaps people in the past had reached levels of skill beyond those possible today or maybe the accounts are greatly exaggerated.

Mitchell, Damien (2011-08-15). Daoist Nei Gong: The Philosophical Art of Change (Kindle Locations 3375-3393). Jessica Kingsley Publishers. Kindle Edition. 

• Like 1

I noticed this video listed after the "fantasy/reality" video was done playing.

This is some demonstration of iron shirt qigong results of these particular people:

-VonKrankenhaus

• Like 4

I noticed this video listed after the "fantasy/reality" video was done playing.

This is some demonstration of iron shirt qigong results of these particular people:

-VonKrankenhaus

I believe his name is Shifu Hou Shuying. He appears to be the real deal from what I could tell. I remember watching a full Chinese documentary on him and his family years ago, and I also saw him perform live in person a couple of times. I believe this man and his family are the real deal. He trained his kids really hard from the time they were just toddlers, and he probably trained the same way when he was young. Mister Hou can break huge thick slabs of stone with his head with relative ease, and I saw him break a  really extra large and thick steel file with a horizontal knife hand chop like it was nothing at all. I believe they are demonstrating true hard style qigong with no 'tricks', for the most part. Many performers of this type ham up their demonstrations to some extent to make their shows more interesting overall, but mister Hou's feats of breaking huge slabs of stone, etc. seem to be genuine feats of hard style qigong which would likely severely injure an ordinary person. I doubt there is any trickery involved in those sorts of feats that he does. He would probably be pretty old now if he is still alive, but his son and daughter are probably in their late thirties to mid forties or so now, I would guess.

Edited by NotVoid
  • Like 1

Yes.

This is iron shirt qigong.

These are all fairly standard demonstrations. Pretty good. Just saw it sitting there after that other video ended.

I was learning like this also as a kid and teenager.

I am looking for more videos that show real skills or "feats", and will post links when I find good ones.

-VonKrankenhaus

Yes.

This is iron shirt qigong.

These are all fairly standard demonstrations.

Well, I think what mr. Hou could do was quite a bit beyond the standard hard style qigong demonstrations you might typically find elsewhere. He did some of the more standard type demonstration stuff as well, but I think a person would really have to witness in person mr. Hou breaking a huge slab of stone about the size of a large grave stone (stone, not a cement slab) by ramming his head into it full force, and see how the stone slab breaks apart to realize that what he could do was really quite far beyond the common hard qigong stuff we might typically see nowadays... In my opinion anyway. ;)

Here is a 45 minute documentary clip showing more of what mr. Hou and his family could do:

Edited by NotVoid
  • Like 1

Yes - all of this is ordinary studies, and well-known.

Full lotus - yes, this is basic, and that guy is doing it.

I don't know about today - just recently finding out what is online, etc.

There are actually many videos of usual iron shirt kind of qigong demonstrations - bending spear on throat, breaking cinder blocks with sledge hammer, breaking wooden pole against front of neck, etc - most people in gongfu scene must have seen many many times by now. Many video also of shaolin monks doing these, etc.

The guy with the animals - can easily be a real demonstration. Been discussed here, too.

I'm looking for more, also looking for not so much iron shirt but other studies, qi projection, etc.

-VonKrankenhaus

Edited by vonkrankenhaus

As I mentioned, IMO Mr. Hou's breaking ability went a fair ways beyond the usual stuff you might run across out there. I have never seen anyone break huge slabs of stone using their head as a battering ram like mr. Hou could do.  :)

Another interesting area of qigong is point striking, AKA dian xue or dim mak. Much of what we hear about these days is not real point striking using qigong, or is just movie exagerations, but there are still some dian xue masters out there who train using specific qigong training to strike accupuncture points for martial arts purposes, or for healing purposes. In some cases apparently only a light touch is required to disrupt a person's internal qi to the point that they could be very ill or even die if not treated by an expert to set things right again.

Here are a few example videos of this type of martial qigong practice. It is no wonder that this style of martial arts training was  traditionally kept hidden and secret, as in the wrong hands it would be a very bad thing:

Warning: Animals are harmed in this video demonstration of dian xue:

Dian xue strikes versus Shaolin iron shirt/golden bell expert

More videos showing what a dian xue strike can do:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVEKAEX2LhqRia7Ry-HI1Hw/videos

• Like 1

Yes, dian xue.

Does anyone here study this?

It is also fairly common.

I didn't think to include this study in looking for video showing "qigong feats", because these techniques are not so much about qi as about other things.

But there are techniques in that study which do use qi projection and no-touching, and also that separate from time.

Not seeing video of these and not surprised - but looking to see if anyone made any.

Also - funny to see chinese TV show looking so exactly like american ones. Hmmm.

-VonKrankenhaus

Edited by vonkrankenhaus

vonKrankenhaus, you appear to be in your own world.

No worries. Such is the way of things. :)

Mr. hou and the dian xue videos I posted along with a link to other dian xue

videos appear to be demos of genuine rare martial qigong.

Keep smiling. ;)

Re:

-----

"vonKrankenhaus, you appear to be in your own world."

-----

Maybe just not having the same experience in this one as some others.

Maybe.

But I did study these things, and for what is becoming a fairly long time.

Looking for more videos.

Maybe I will make some soon too.

-VonKrankenhaus

• Like 1