dwai

Energy and Light

I worry that abandoning the illusion because it is an illusion is similar in function to favoring the shining light over the material, because it's shining light. I realize worrying at all is doing the same thing in reverse.

Here's the thing - even though the illusion expands, and there is the appearance of increasing separation between the material and the spiritual, there are places like earth where a refined balance has been achieved that fosters and nurtures ever more refined balances, that ultimately lead back to integration.

As this happens, the appearance of expansion begins to contract, and these vast extremes, over time, can come to ALL become more integrated. We won't have the issues with galaxies abandoned or colliding, but they'll be like the ecosystems here on earth that miraculously integrate within each-other, dancing ever-so-close to the dao rather than at the extremes of the dao.

I'm not convinced that the source is infinite, and cannot be expended, although that is possible due to its nature. Zhuangzi declared it was impossible to speak of what is beyond the known forces of the universe. If there are limits, then the integral cultivation of the illusion/appearance could be "important".

Several spiritual people have passed onto me this idea that it is important to help the universe, alluding that those who lie in the extremes of spirit are unable to have the same influence that we as humans do. So I ponder, even as I accept all as it is.

Edited by Daeluin

There's a strong interrelationship between this thread and the "Time is the speed of light" thread, BTW.

• Like 1

Yep, I have that one open too, but haven't had made time to read your long post there yet. :wub: Aslo it's in Off Topic, so...  :ph34r: 

Take it all with a grain of salt. In fact, Bud Jetsun's admonition in that thread should be ubiquitous -- we take our understandings seriously at our own peril.

• Like 1

I worry that abandoning the illusion because it is an illusion is similar in function to favoring the shining light over the material, because it's shining light. I realize worrying at all is doing the same thing in reverse.

Here's the thing - even though the illusion expands, and there is the appearance of increasing separation between the material and the spiritual, there are places like earth where a refined balance has been achieved that fosters and nurtures ever more refined balances, that ultimately lead back to integration.

As this happens, the appearance of expansion begins to contract, and these vast extremes, over time, can come to ALL become more integrated. We won't have the issues with galaxies abandoned or colliding, but they'll be like the ecosystems here on earth that miraculously integrate within each-other, dancing ever-so-close to the dao rather than at the extremes of the dao.

I'm not convinced that the source is infinite, and cannot be expended, although that is possible due to its nature. Zhuangzi declared it was impossible to speak of what is beyond the known forces of the universe. If there are limits, then the integral cultivation of the illusion/appearance could be "important".

Several spiritual people have passed onto me this idea that it is important to help the universe, alluding that those who lie in the extremes of spirit are unable to have the same influence that we as humans do. So I ponder, even as I accept all as it is.

Appearances aren't illusory. They are real when perceived from the world of appearances. They don't matter from the perspective of the source. It took me a while to grasp that.

• Like 2

I would suggest that appearances are often both illusory and real at the same time. As an example, we "know" that centrifugal forces are illusory but we use them very effectively nonetheless.

• Like 1

Physicalization is contraction.

Spiritualization is expansion.

I try to harmonize these two but always view them as separate.  (Please don't lecture me on my shortcomings.)

Came late to this topic, but wanted just to share something I found in an old notebook that I used on retreats with my teacher.

When opening one random page, something I had forgotten emerged on the page. It was written as a transcribation of what my teacher wanted to convey about the essential teaching of his Nei Dan practice. It just hit me in the stomach. It came alive as I read the words:

"When we become cosmic light

we reflect starlight

Pysical body fades, slight

feeling of gathering, pearl

of light = Center

Inner structure like star

Embody cosmic energy and information

Realization = true nature of physical presence"

Later, I read this more general remark noted down:

"Qigong is going back

to the root of life

The creator

is what

heals the branches"

Just wanted to share this. Maybe not relevant...

h

• Like 5

Came late to this topic, but wanted just to share something I found in an old notebook that I used on retreats with my teacher.

When opening one random page, something I had forgotten emerged on the page. It was written as a transcribation of what my teacher wanted to convey about the essential teaching of his Nei Dan practice. It just hit me in the stomach. It came alive as I read the words:

"When we become cosmic light

we reflect starlight

Pysical body fades, slight

feeling of gathering, pearl

of light = Center

Inner structure like star

Embody cosmic energy and information

Realization = true nature of physical presence"

Later, I read this more general remark noted down:

"Qigong is going back

to the root of life

The creator

is what

heals the branches"

Just wanted to share this. Maybe not relevant...

h

The reference to starlight makes me think of the astral body, though I don't associate astral bodies with embodying cosmic energy and information.

It seems that starlight refers to the essential, core aspect of our presence. So if that is the astral, then yes

• Like 1