SonOfTheGods

LoneMan Pai™- Full Lotus - UPDATED 2nd VIDEO Instruction

^ Thanks.  So, according to Joseph, the kua (plural) are the 2 ball (not "universal") joints where the heads of the femurs fit up into the pelvis and form the inguinal grooves.

child_hip_slipped_cfe_anatomy01.jpginguinalarea1.jpg

What's less clear to me is how he defines opening and closing it, and how to "train" it "open?"

It seems like "yogic" stretches to vastly expand its range of motion would help "open" it more than doing various standing Taijiquan forms that don't impart much stretching?

• Like 2

I consider Kua to also be the shoulder joints too.

These IMO are gates.

Yi is paramount to opening these gates

I have several techniques to opening these, including something I call "oblique gates" which I have never seen anywhere else before.

• Like 1

http://antaiji.org/archives/eng/adult43.shtml

I'm glad this is focused now on the hips - I wanted to ask this question.

The zen dude - he says the anus should point straight backwards!

They are using a cushion - and then describe the hips as bent forward and "in" - the in meaning "inside the triangle of center of gravity....

the triangle formed by the ass and the knees.

He gives a series of comparison photos - but I can't really tell the difference in the various shots he gives. Oh well.

I'm not pushing the Full Lotus :)

What I am doing, is showing another way to stretch for it.

http://lonemanpai.com/thread/1094/loneman-full-lotus-instruction-video?page=1&scrollTo=17105

Thanks Bro...

Not sure what I enjoyed most about this...the stretch, the other info, hearing your voice, seeing you, other people's input, Drew's passion.

Fiesta! :)

Merry Xmas!

• Like 1

The other thing to consider in this is that opening the first chakra, and clearing the Urinary Bladder and Kidney Channels will dramatically increase effectiveness and flexibility in said region/legs for full-lotus.

In fact, that stretch is, according to BKS Iyengar (Bless his soul, rest in peace) called the cobblers pose. Cobblers in India apparently never get bladder/prostate cancer/kidney issues, which he attributes to that stretch (Baddha Konasana, in the text "Light On Yoga").

Practicing self acupuncture, if you open first chakra (ie first needle LIV 8 Ququan then REN 22 Tiantu) and then tonify Bladder Channel with the Mother (ie Metal point BL67 Zhiyin) and Kidney Channel with the Mother (KID 7 Fuliu) - you will fast-track said flexibility/qi flow.

And if you add to that an opening of the Chong Mai (SP4 Gonsun then PC6 Neiguan), Du Mai (SI3 Houxi then UB62 Shenmai), and Ren Mai (LU7 Lieque then KD6 Zhaohai) (command and couple points) - you will expedite the fast-tracking even more.

And if you perform this in the span of time before/during/after sunrise on Saturday morning (Day and Hour of Saturn/First Chakra/1st Dimension) you will super charge it.

And if you use a stillness and rooting meditation added to that...rooting into the black pearl in the Earth Core....happy days.

To date I know of nothing more grounding, unless you spritually project into the Earth Core itself, which haha, well if you manage that I'd head for the moxa treatment below :) coz you'll snap freeze ya self/Yang.

Too much Water/Yin will Insult the Earth Element though, so watch out for Spleen/Stomach/Pancreatic pain. If you take it too far you can retonify the Earth Element.

I'd highly recommend moxa to DU 20 Bai Hui, REN6 Qihai, ST21 Liang Men, DU1 Chen Qiang (which imo is indispensable for digestive, spleen and qi sinking issues (ie any prolapses(anus, uterus, stomach etc).

Earth element balance is an essential consideration any time you are tonifying Water/Yin (which ultimately will include any first chakra region stretching at all).

I'll be taking up your cushions under the ankles bit, thanks bro!

• Like 2

The other thing to consider in this is that opening the first chakra, and clearing the Urinary Bladder and Kidney Channels will dramatically increase effectiveness and flexibility in said region/legs for full-lotus.

In fact, that stretch is, according to BKS Iyengar (Bless his soul, rest in peace) called the cobblers pose. Cobblers in India apparently never get bladder/prostate cancer/kidney issues, which he attributes to that stretch (Baddha Konasana, in the text "Light On Yoga").

Great points, I still got a ways to go on this one!

e1Y16bD.jpg

• Like 1

Great points, I still got a ways to go on this one!

e1Y16bD.jpg

Yeh, but you look pretty hot in those tights though! :)

http://antaiji.org/archives/eng/adult43.shtml

I'm glad this is focused now on the hips - I wanted to ask this question.

The zen dude - he says the anus should point straight backwards!

They are using a cushion - and then describe the hips as bent forward and "in" - the in meaning "inside the triangle of center of gravity....

the triangle formed by the ass and the knees.

He gives a series of comparison photos - but I can't really tell the difference in the various shots he gives. Oh well.

That would pop the Mingmen outwards to open the sacrum

Similar to standing gong and positioning as if to almost sit on the end of a stool

This action compresses the lower abdomen that would push the LDT downwards toward the HuiYin

However, if someone is not flexible it will cause the spine to be out of alignment

If I lay on my back and push the Mingmen into the floor I feel moist heat there

This tells me if the sacrum opens and closes with breathe, the piezoelectricity in this area will greatly enhance the energetic flow

That would pop the Mingmen outwards to open the sacrum

Similar to standing gong and positioning as if to almost sit on the end of a stool

This action compresses the lower abdomen that would push the LDT downwards toward the HuiYin

However, if someone is not flexible it will cause the spine to be out of alignment

If I lay on my back and push the Mingmen into the floor I feel moist heat there

This tells me if the sacrum opens and closes with breathe, the piezoelectricity in this area will greatly enhance the energetic flow

right - the Kundabuffer.

That thing closes up fast! People are controlled by their Kundabuffer as Gurdjieff said.

The sitting on edge of chair, according to Yan Xin, is to stimulate the Hui Yin point.

What's your take on that for full lotus - the Hui Yin being activated?

So I was reading yesterday how Master Yao - the heat expert with vids I posted on my blog - he was on "That's Incredible" - and he took a group to China recently and a lady blogged on it and said Master Yao relies on pulling up energy from the  Earth to activate his fire energy.

So I guess he just constantly replenishes his Yin Qi energy and then his third eye is fully open so he can zap the Yin Qi with Yuan Qi - and presto - fire.

or laser yuan shen energy.

• Like 1

right - the Kundabuffer.

That thing closes up fast! People are controlled by their Kundabuffer as Gurdjieff said.

The sitting on edge of chair, according to Yan Xin, is to stimulate the Hui Yin point.

What's your take on that for full lotus - the Hui Yin being activated?

So I was reading yesterday how Master Yao - the heat expert with vids I posted on my blog - he was on "That's Incredible" - and he took a group to China recently and a lady blogged on it and said Master Yao relies on pulling up energy from the  Earth to activate his fire energy.

So I guess he just constantly replenishes his Yin Qi energy and then his third eye is fully open so he can zap the Yin Qi with Yuan Qi - and presto - fire.

or laser yuan shen energy.

Full Lotus = HuiYin is touching the floor for Yin, as well as YongQuan heavenward for Yang.

Seems like the perfect combination in an asana IMO

• Like 1

Full Lotus = HuiYin is touching the floor for Yin, as well as YongQuan heavenward for Yang.

Seems like the perfect combination in an asana IMO

right - so long as the mind has no conceptions as Wang Liping says - he's a big full lotus promoter (not just me). haha.

But he focuses on the sciatic nerves that go under the thighs - so he emphasizes a hard floor to activate those nerves - and then I read how then the blood that normally is in the legs goes back into the lower tan tien to build up the energy.

So I figure - all the iron in the blood would get ionized by the mind focusing on the lower tan tien....

But do you think much yin qi energy from the Earth gets taken in sitting in a house with a concrete floor and synthetic carpet, etc.?

Obviously sitting on bare Earth is the best - but - someone was saying that John Chang used a grounding wire while he was in his house - but then someone else said that was not true, it was just Jim McMillan who used that based on his own ideas. Also do you know if JOhn Chang practices full lotus? I've never seen a photo of him in full lotus.

I post on my blog what a correspondent sent me about how holding the breath causes the aorta branching to the thighs to pump in synchrony with the heart so there is then a ELF wave heart resonance - and so it would seem that the breath retraction should enable resonance with the yin qi earth energy also, not just having some direct contact as an "earth grounding."

Still I have noticed sitting in full lotus on the earth outside is way better for energy build up - but in the winter here it's some serious tummo challenge. haha.

Edited by conspirachi

Feels good.  Back when I first started getting into meditation I remember trying some stretches to get into full lotus but eventually gave up and now I just meditate on a chair/cross legged.  Doing this has inspired me to keep trying and at the very least, I will stretch my body out good.  Thank you for sharing. ^_^

• Like 1

right - so long as the mind has no conceptions as Wang Liping says - he's a big full lotus promoter (not just me). haha.

But he focuses on the sciatic nerves that go under the thighs - so he emphasizes a hard floor to activate those nerves - and then I read how then the blood that normally is in the legs goes back into the lower tan tien to build up the energy.

So I figure - all the iron in the blood would get ionized by the mind focusing on the lower tan tien....

But do you think much yin qi energy from the Earth gets taken in sitting in a house with a concrete floor and synthetic carpet, etc.?

Obviously sitting on bare Earth is the best - but - someone was saying that John Chang used a grounding wire while he was in his house - but then someone else said that was not true, it was just Jim McMillan who used that based on his own ideas. Also do you know if JOhn Chang practices full lotus? I've never seen a photo of him in full lotus.

I post on my blog what a correspondent sent me about how holding the breath causes the aorta branching to the thighs to pump in synchrony with the heart so there is then a ELF wave heart resonance - and so it would seem that the breath retraction should enable resonance with the yin qi earth energy also, not just having some direct contact as an "earth grounding."

Still I have noticed sitting in full lotus on the earth outside is way better for energy build up - but in the winter here it's some serious tummo challenge. haha.

I use a grounding wire (sometimes), and if I get right kidney Yang burning I will also use a neodymium magnet on the grounding plate

I believe the grounding wire helps rid the static build up

I use a grounding wire (sometimes), and if I get right kidney Yang burning I will also use a neodymium magnet on the grounding plate

I believe the grounding wire helps rid the static build up

I remember researching some alchemy book saying the difference between right kidney and left kidney - and the connection to building up the energy - the yin qi energy. I don't remember the details.

It seems like a lot of trouble to have to hook yourself up to magnets and electrical wires, etc.

I know the qigong master says he has no need to use any of that stuff since he just relies on getting his energy from the Emptiness directly.

That was my mistake - when I had the lower tan tien built up and I began astral travel - my mind was thinking well is this all it's for - just tricks? I was not interested in astral travel. I had traveled a lot physically already. haha. But in reality I needed to be asking who was meditating in the first place - at that stage the focus should have been on Emptiness. Then I read Master Nan, Hui-chin saying that - and how what normally happens is there is "heroic over-exuberance" when the spiritual powers are activated and then the person just "falls back into worldliness."

It remind me though how I was working the night shift and so because I had avoided people I was able to build up my energy again. I didn't even think about it or try to do this - but I biked to work in the winter and so I raided the candy bar machine cuz I needed a quick fix - or so I thought. The machine was just this big metal box - and when I went to put the quarters in then suddenly the quarters stuck to the side of the box and as I put my hands toward them the quarters rolled up the box - against gravity - without me touching the quarters - just as my hands guided them. So then I figured I must have magnetized the box by accident and so I checked by holding the palms of my hands apart as to make an energy ball. Sure enough - a strong qi force was pushing my hands apart. haha.

Soon after this female coworker began stalking me when I worked alone - she would come into work with me to suck off my energy. I felt sorry for her and so I just filled her with energy. Oh well.

Also it reminds me how the qigong master - I was talking to him on the phone and he was walking past cars in a parking lot and then the car alarm got set off at the car he walked past. I mean I could hear it over the phone. He said that happened to him a lot - he set off car alarms because he had not learned to control his energy properly. The original qigong master said that light bulbs would explode in his house when he got angry and one time his lawn mower started smoking because he was too angry when he was mowing the lawn. haha. He said he doesn't get angry any more after he died for over 2 hours but he was walking around fine even though his heart had stopped beating for two hours - but he doesn't recommend that for anyone. haha.

So I guess that's what the qigong master means when he says he gets his energy from the Emptiness directly. He took a 2 month sabbatical from the qigong center so he could meditate and then the original qigong master said the qigong master had a big heart opening enlightenment. The qigong master said how a person can be a qigong master but not necessarily have that big heart opening.

I remember researching some alchemy book saying the difference between right kidney and left kidney - and the connection to building up the energy - the yin qi energy. I don't remember the details.

It seems like a lot of trouble to have to hook yourself up to magnets and electrical wires, etc.

I know the qigong master says he has no need to use any of that stuff since he just relies on getting his energy from the Emptiness directly.

That was my mistake - when I had the lower tan tien built up and I began astral travel - my mind was thinking well is this all it's for - just tricks? I was not interested in astral travel. I had traveled a lot physically already. haha. But in reality I needed to be asking who was meditating in the first place - at that stage the focus should have been on Emptiness. Then I read Master Nan, Hui-chin saying that - and how what normally happens is there is "heroic over-exuberance" when the spiritual powers are activated and then the person just "falls back into worldliness."

It remind me though how I was working the night shift and so because I had avoided people I was able to build up my energy again. I didn't even think about it or try to do this - but I biked to work in the winter and so I raided the candy bar machine cuz I needed a quick fix - or so I thought. The machine was just this big metal box - and when I went to put the quarters in then suddenly the quarters stuck to the side of the box and as I put my hands toward them the quarters rolled up the box - against gravity - without me touching the quarters - just as my hands guided them. So then I figured I must have magnetized the box by accident and so I checked by holding the palms of my hands apart as to make an energy ball. Sure enough - a strong qi force was pushing my hands apart. haha.

Soon after this female coworker began stalking me when I worked alone - she would come into work with me to suck off my energy. I felt sorry for her and so I just filled her with energy. Oh well.

Also it reminds me how the qigong master - I was talking to him on the phone and he was walking past cars in a parking lot and then the car alarm got set off at the car he walked past. I mean I could hear it over the phone. He said that happened to him a lot - he set off car alarms because he had not learned to control his energy properly. The original qigong master said that light bulbs would explode in his house when he got angry and one time his lawn mower started smoking because he was too angry when he was mowing the lawn. haha. He said he doesn't get angry any more after he died for over 2 hours but he was walking around fine even though his heart had stopped beating for two hours - but he doesn't recommend that for anyone. haha.

So I guess that's what the qigong master means when he says he gets his energy from the Emptiness directly. He took a 2 month sabbatical from the qigong center so he could meditate and then the original qigong master said the qigong master had a big heart opening enlightenment. The qigong master said how a person can be a qigong master but not necessarily have that big heart opening.

I'll use the grounding wire only in the room with the synthetic carpeting- especially in winter with dry heat- the static build up is insane.

It is helpful for beginners though,, especially with the magnet for that right kidney burning - it can get distracting.

Personally I believe the Earth has many layers and levels of Yin

Some more pure than others

If I have to full lotus on carpeting, without a wire- I will finish up by going barefoot outside on the grass, YongQuan up the heel channels and then onward to HuiYin and it will balance out the Yang immediately.

I can tell it is fused balanced because I can feel the blue Yang as orgone in the LDT then a clear mist of Yin condenses the LDT into a tight cinnabar field

At least, that is how I "read" it.

At this point, I can feel the LDT aligned to the Earth's 'engine' at the core.

Short answer to avoid confusion on one the posts- There is NO absolute need for a grounding wire

Yin will pass through synthetic material- but for a stronger and more pure contact, doing it outside with perineum to the ground is best.

If you can not cultivate outdoors, then do it indoors, regardless of having access to a grounding wire.

Shortest Answer:

Just Do It :)

• Like 2

I've had some good experiences sitting on tree stumps.  For a guy my level its probably pretty subjective, yet there seems to be colors that register on the back of my eyes that usually don't and I can't imagine anything more grounding then being atop an organic structure with such deep roots.  Unless its a live tree..

The Sequel to:

LoneMan Pai™- Full Lotus - Instruction VIDEO
lonemanpai.com/thread/1094/loneman-full-lotus-instruction-video

The muscle gets pumped- tightens with lactic acid- blood flow

Then stretching it during that time will cause it to be super stretched by the time the muscle returns to normal

Applies to tendons and ligaments too

Use the first video techniques with the pillows

Slowly start pushing down on each knee to add resistance

Then stretch immediately afterwards

Then start using your legs for kicking- pushing the Qi down towards the feet in spiral movements

This is why WeiGong /Waidan is pertinent to NeiGong / NeiDan

From stretching, to martial arts, to full lotus, to internal alchemy - one interconnecting routine

Read more: http://lonemanpai.com/thread/1218/loneman-pai-stretching-butterflies-video?page=1#ixzz3vvNQSLL8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuRpNAYuuKs

Cobblers pose, as well as dragon stepping (as in baguazhang) are some movements I found myself doing spontaneously, when I was younger, before I learned about all the traditions (this time around i guess).  They felt instinctual, like I already had the muscle memory well developed.  Those exercises are extremely pleasurable.  I find that to be the case involving anything which stretches/relaxes the spine and feet simultaneously.