Sign in to follow this  
bax44

meditation, comand z, sense and feel technique

Hi guys

Ive been following this forum for a few years now after beginning my meditation and "spiritual" journey. In that time my perspective has definitely changed regarding the whole process and how it has unfolded for me has been quite unexpected. I love this forum and it has helped me out a lot in times when I was feeling somewhat lost. Having said that, I see sometimes what I percieve to be a disturbing trend on not only this but other spiritual type places online. There seems to be a lot of skepticism or vitriol when someone posts their meditation or other work experiences. I see people getting all wrapped up in terminology, semantics, and other dogma telling those who are reporting their experience that they cant possibly be valid because of some text written thousands of years ago bein taken as gospel. I am NOT saying these texts dont have value, but all too often I see them as being used as a sword against anothers efforts, rather than a support system. A lot of times it seems "You have to pay your dues" and maybe youll find "enlightenment" after meditating in a cave for 30 years IF you have burned off your karmic debt and even then its not guaranteed but will give you good sted in your next life....I find this ridiculous, and also may push away others who are interested in evolving themselves.

The last 6 months having been feeling more and more "in my head" about all of it, I was becoming discouraged.It seemed meditation wasnt having as great an impact, and what had started out as a journey with no expectations had turned into somewhat of an obsession to "get somewhere".. To where I didnt know but I kept reading there was "more" if I just kept at it. Anyways I came across a very simple yet astoundingly powerful meditation technique called sense and feel, from command z and radical undoing.  The focus and emphasis on the body and what is happening in it and ones own experience was astounding to me, and over the course of just a few sessions relieved the "in my head" feeling and also deepened my regular meditation. Its simply lying down and reporting aloud every sensation in your body with no voluntary movements and/or judgements. Going from one report to the next without any pauses in your voice stream. It has a twist of vippasana in it, however what seperates it for me is the verbalizing of the sensations. it seems to totally cut out any possible chatter and puts you in direct contact with your body. For me the technique has been so powerful and utterly broken apart any concerns over wether I was "getting anywhere" and has slowly but surely put me in a much more grounded state. I know of many others who have used it as well and all say very similar things.

I think for anyone who Is feeling a bit dissillusioned about the whole "enlightenment perfection" that pervades a lot of these places, this technique can quickly and thoroughly bring one back into their space and drop all of it in favor of a direct, enlivening experience.  Anyways just thought I would give back a little to this forum that has helped me greatly in the past by sharing this meditation that has helped me so much.

Edited by bax44
  • Like 3

Command z and radical undoing is basically reichian therapy

So I humbly suggest you read some source material too :)

F.e.: charackteranalysis and the mass psychology of fascism

Also there is a online work book on reichian home therapy

Just google: reichiantherapy

Then you have the whole package and try see a SKAN therapist too - they continue the reichian bodywork tradition

I love this stuff and work with it for some years now

All the best for your journey

• Like 1

Same here Ridzin, I started off by using Jack Willis' book on my own, and have now done some stuff with command Z which has taken it to another level .its a  simply amazing practice, Really unlike any kind of yoga or qigong that I have practiced. I was just posting the sense and feel because its an easy technique anyone can use quickly to ground themselves in their body:)

Edited by bax44

Sign in to follow this