noonespecial

Itzak Bentov "From Atom to Cosmos"

Whats interesting is Mr Bentov writings were some of the first I picked up when I first began actively meditating almost 10 years ago now, I completely forgot about him, recently came across this video and realized he is more or less saying the same thing as say Aleister Crowley (using here for name recognition more than anything else) but in a completely non-pretentious, almost joyous manner, and I tend to agree with his theories on the electric and occultism...as far as the ultimate goal thing...that seems to be a carry over from the more Hebraic strains of Kabbalah (Mr Bentov has to have explored a bit of the lore) wherein it is our job to redeem/build God back into a unity. Can't say I agree or disagree although I would prefer not to be a cell in Adam Kadmon's 'body'...then again who knows maybe we all are at this very moment and don't know it. 

I watched this film on DVD a couple of years ago and was quite impressed by Bentov. That there is an evolution occurring that eventually leads to a conscious identification of Creation with the Creator is an assumption also made by Hinduism, Teilhard de Chardin ("omega point"), Ken Wilber and others. This conception is also related to the Greek telos.

Of course, the idea raises a number of questions. Such as: Will this evolution enhance all human abilities - intellectual, artistic, psychic, spiritual, physical, what have you? Or is there some kind of trade-off to be expected?

Also, if "God" abides in Infinity, will evolution ever reach its ultimate goal? Or will it continue moving towards its Great Attractor on higher and higher levels on end?

Also, how does the evolution of the human race relate to the spiritual evolution of the individual? (Bentov talks about both.)

How does it relate to the evolution of other species, on and off our planet?

• Like 1