Sign in to follow this  
Tibetan_Ice

Did Buddha predict the coming of Christ? Can this be true?

http://www.paul-timothy.net/pages/jesus/docs/buddhist_prophecy_phra_sri_an-thai_1954.pdf

When Buddha was traveling and living in this world, there was an old Brahman priest who wore white robes who asked the Buddha, “How will all men and all Brahmen continue in their merit-making so as to escape the results of sin?” The Buddha answered, ”Even though you all give alms (make merit by giving great gifts to priests in the temple) according to the 5 precepts, the 8 precepts, the 10 precepts, or the 227 precepts for 9 trillion years, and you raise your hands and offer yourselves as a burnt offering, or you pray 5 times a day, you will still not escape the results of your sins. If you do this every day, your merit gained will only be equal to the smallest strand of hair of an unborn infant – extremely small. You cannot enter heaven’s doors.” The old Brahman priest asked further, “What are we to do to be saved?” The Buddha answered the old Brahman priest, “The results of sin (sin & karma) are very great – heavier than the sky; thicker than the earth; and so high, that it would be like an angel dusting the corner-posts at the temple compound with a cloth – posts that are 18 inches high – dusting them one time per year – until the posts were worn down to the ground. When the posts are worn down, that’s how long it would take to end your sins.” The Buddha said further, “I have given up my high position (he was the son of royalty before going into the priesthood) and entered the priesthood. I consider that even though I am good, I will have only a very small amount of merit at the end of the year. If I was given this same amount of merit for 100,000 epochs and live ten more life-times, I would not be saved from sins’ results even once.” The old Brahman priest asked further, “So what shall we all do?” The Buddha answered, “Keep on making merit and look for another Phra (holy man – another Bodhisattva – another person like Buddha) who will come help the world and all of you in the future. That Phra (holy person) is called PhraSriArayaMetrai (the Thai dictionary defines this word as “the next Bodhisattva who will turn the world into a Utopia”). Then the old Brahman priest asked, “What will the characteristics of the PrhaSriArayaMetrai be like?” The Buddha answered him, The Phrametrai (another way to refer to the PhraSriArayaMetrai) who will come help the world in the future will be like this: in the palm of his hands and in the flat of his feet will be the design of a disk (rounded but shape like a flower), in his side will be a stab wound; and his forehead will have many marks (like scars). This Phra will be the golden boat who will carry you over the cycle of rebirths all the way to the highest heaven (heaven – Nirvana) where you will meet the three Gems (the Buddha, the teachings of Buddha, and Buddha’s disciples). Do not look (for salvation) in the old way; there is no salvation in it for sure. Quit the old way. And there will be a new spirit like the light of a lightening bug, which will come down from the sky above to live in all of your hearts, and you will be victorious over all your enemies from 4 directions and from 8 directions. Nobody will be able to destroy you. If you die, you will not come back to be born in this world again. (You will go to the highest heaven – Nirvana.)

From the Lotus sutra on the coming of the next one...

And in the minds of those four classes of the assembly rose this thought: We are far off from the two Tathâgatas; therefore let us also, through the power of the Tathâgata, rise up to the sky. As the Lord apprehended in his mind what was going on in the minds of those four classes of the assembly, he instantly, by magic power, established the four classes as meteors in the sky. Thereupon the Lord Sâkyamuni, the Tathâgata, addressed the four classes: Who amongst you, monks, will endeavour to expound this Dharmaparyâya of the Lotus of the True Law in this Saha-world? The fatal term, the time (of death), is now at hand; the Tathâgata longs for complete extinction, monks, after entrusting to you this Dharmaparyâya of the Lotus of the True Law.

And on that occasion the Lord uttered the following stanzas:

1. Here you see, monks, the great Seer, the extinct Chief, within the Stûpa of jewels, who now has come to hear the law. Who would not call up his energy for the law's sake?

2. Albeit completely extinct for many kotis of Æons, he yet now comes to hear the law; for the law's sake he moves hither and thither; very rare (and very precious) is a law like this.

3. This Leader practised a vow when he was in a former existence; even after his complete extinction he wanders through this whole world in all ten points of space.

4. And all these (you here see) are my proper bodies, by thousands of kotis, like the sands of the Ganges; they have appeared that the law may be fulfilled I and in order to see this extinct Master.

5. After laying out for each his peculiar field, as well as having (created) all disciples, men and gods, in order to preserve the true law, as long as the reign of the law shall last,

6. I have by magic power cleared many worlds, destined as seats for those Buddhas, and transported all creatures.

7. It has (always) been my anxious care how this line of the law might be manifested. So (you see) Buddhas here in immense number staying at the foot of trees like a great multitude of lotuses.

8. Many kotis of bases of trees are brightened by the Leaders sitting on the thrones which are perpetually occupied by them and brightened as darkness is by fire.

9. A delicious fragrance spreads from the Leaders of the world over all quarters, (a fragrance) by which, when the wind is blowing, all these creatures are intoxicated.

10. Let him who after my extinction shall keep this Dharmaparyâya quickly pronounce his declaration in the presence of the Lords of the world.

11. The Seer Prabhûtaratna who, though completely extinct, is awake, will hear the lion's roar of him who shall take this resolution.

12. Myself, in the second place, as well as the many Chiefs who have flocked hither by kotis, will hear that resolution from the son of Gina, who is to exert himself to expound this law.

Edited by Jeff

Sign in to follow this