Orion

Realization undermining life force

I haven't become dispassionate or averse to reality. It's rather the opposite, if anything.

What I'm trying to describe is a state where participation seems redundant and so it's easy to become passive. Not the same as laziness, apathy or abdication as I am usually a hard working person.

I don't think I can put this into words. What I said earlier was a metaphorical attempt to delineate some of this. Others in this thread more or less understood, so I'm not sure how much more I can expound upon it.

Thank you for trying though.

If you have what you needed then that's what it's all about.

• Like 1

Thanks everyone, this thread has helped clarify many things and has brought me a sense of peace.

Gratitude for all that you contribute <3

• Like 3

Realization cannot undermine the life force. 

There is a common theory in transpersonal psychology that the Ground of Being is repressed (in the psychodynamic sense) early in life and the ego is constituted to take it's place.  

Awakening is a mattter of derepressing the Ground and allowing the ego to partake of its reality.  So, it is thought, realization does undermine the life force as expressed egoically, but only in the service of a higher trasncendence.

The stage of derepression is very painful to the ego and is called the Dark Night of the Soul.

I have the classic text on this process if anyone would like it.  It is frankly brilliant on describing and explaining the Drak Night experience.  Just pm me your email.

There is a common theory in transpersonal psychology that the Ground of Being is repressed (in the psychodynamic sense) early in life and the ego is constituted to take it's place.  

Awakening is a mattter of derepressing the Ground and allowing the ego to partake of its reality.  So, it is thought, realization does undermine the life force as expressed egoically, but only in the service of a higher trasncendence.

Thought is indeed powerful

a 'powerful thought' is only possible if it routes and uses powerful energy whether for good or evil otherwise thought is fleeting like dust in the wind,

a 'powerful thought' is only possible if it routes and uses powerful energy whether for good or evil otherwise thought is fleeting like dust in the wind,

I was referring to the power of thought relating to its tendency to assume it can explain everything, which it can't.

Thoughts can be powerful in the sense that an idea can lead to enormous change for better or worse.

Our tendency to grasp at thought, which seems to be inherent in thought itself, is also enormously powerful.

• Like 1

Wow Brian, so there is life on Mars after all, keeping that from us all these years with pictures of the desert makes for one heck of a conspiracy ... 

• Like 1

Realization has not undermined your life force - it has undermined the tensioned state you have been addicted to all your life.

It is the tensioned state we are taught from birth.

It is the tensioned state that treasures the reactive mind for the quality of automated safety features that promulgate themselves and our positions in protection from fear that is unseen by the most fearless.

Do not look at the park bench with distain - then again - you can choose the blue pill and go back to sleep.

The bench is for acclimation - acclimation to the release of your willfulness.

Willfulness is the blue pill - it's cheap and everywhere.

The fear of letting willfulness go knows no bounds.

It has you wetting your pants - sit on that bench and become it.

Edited by Spotless
  • Like 1