dao zhen

Taoist Theory and Practice of Internal Alchemy

Very nice text - thanks alot!!! :D Who is the author? Does the text belong to a larger cannon of texts? Do you have any further texts and elaborations to contribute? Very impressive indeed!!

In kind regards,

Adam.

Thank you very kindly for your reply.

I am happy you like the text.

I composed this essay, based on my personal experience in practice;

and most of the theory is from oral lectures with my teacher;

"The Wayfarer - Will To Learn Emptiness"

There may be mistakes, or errors, and such mistakes should

reflect on me, not my teacher.

I have many notebooks from oral lectures, and will try and transcribe them to here;

with the hope we may all have good discussions on the Dao which will lead to

a clear understanding of how to practice properly.

I am just a student in this, so my understanding is not complete.

theory is theory & practice is practice -

real experience is the only thing that will lead to wisdom and understanding...

Best regards, Dao Zhen

Very cool, and thanks for your further comments and elaborations! Do you mind telling us what tradition you and your master practice in?

I look forward to your most interesting contributions hence forth - welcome to TaoBums!

In kind regards,

Adam.

Thank you for your letter.

I currently study with a Teacher who teaches Internal Alchemy practice;

and I live in Wudangshan when I am not in travel in China for study.

Here in Wudang most train in Internal Gong Fu and also various Taoist Yoga and Qigong arts.

Not so many really train the Internal Alchemy in a serious way, but a few do.

My Teacher states that the concept of lineage and grandteachers are very limiting,

and we should remain focused on our own personal experience and personal practice;

with the goal to gain Union with Tao.

He even states that the concept of Master & Disciple is very limiting;

he prefers to say he is like a college teacher who is teaching a specific

subject.

Though when pressed, he states that the practice he teaches is from

the Northern Complete Perfection Branch of the Dragon Gate school -

Quan Zhen Dao Jiao - Lung Men Pai.

He learned from many teachers in China, and also studied with

this generations current inheritor of the Western School; though

his main master was a hermit from the Qian Shan mountains in

Northern China.

I also study with a teacher from Huashan mountain,

and plan to go there and train in the caves there

in April.

This teacher is also an advanced pratitioner of Internal Alchemy.

On Huashan they also have a special sleep and dream practice they train in.

I wanted to post some notes, and photographs from China

here, as I thought it was a wonderful idea to have people

who study Tao share and talk to each other in this medium.

I wanted to post another word document, but could not upload it.

Do you know why?

I do not consider myself advanced in this practice,

but thought if I could post more notes,

it may give others some good insights and ideas on their practice.

I also was sad to see some fight and argue here, as such actions is

in a great contridiction to the Way and it's Practice.

We should all be one family, and support each other.

What are your interests in practice?

Do you train seated meditation?

With my best.

Sincerely, dao zhen

Hello Dao Zhen!

Thanks for your most interesting sharing of personal information - what a wonderful dream life you seem to be living!! :D I think it is fantastic you are willing to be so open about your study and circumstances, and the tradition - a true breath of fresh air. I am interested in authentic Taoist internal alchemy and sitting meditation. My only interest is in realising the Tao, and I practice to that end as best I can. However, we in the west are so hampered by a lack of access to the living lineages and traditions. What little access we have is often corrupted by cultural inflexibility and western consumerism.

I urge you to share with us as freely as your tradition allows, as there are so many sincere aspirants and practitioners who have toiled for years and years, wandering around in the dark.

Many thanks!

In kind regards,

Adam.

Dear Adam.

Thank you for your letter.

I think perhaps I am living my dream, but it has not been without much suffering and hardship.

To truly train in Internal Alchemy, our Yin Nature shall rise up at times and battle with us; until we are able to transform it to some degree.

I think my path came into it's real test 2 years ago when a speeding car hit me and broke my spine, leg, crushed my knee and many other injuries.

I was strapped to a hospital bed unable to move, wearing diapers, and having to be fed with a spoon.

I had to make a choice to give up my dream of more than 15 years of study and practice following the Tao and the study of Internal Arts and be bound in a wheel chair, or heal myself.

I recovered, and set out to follow my internal calling and dream.

I had contact with my Alchemy Teacher, during this time in the hospital, and asked for a technique or methods of practice to aid me in my healing; as I was very afraid, and in a terrible emotional state of depression.

He replied with a letter that contained one word:

"Recover......"

We all have the ability to heal or to follow Dao.

We are composed of De, which is the active agent of Dao in this realm.

It is like our well spring.

Yet we all fall prey to the trap thinking there is something "external" or "outside" of ourselves that will aid us, or be a magic pill, an all knowing master, or secret esoteric methods of practice.

There are many who make large volumes of money playing on this mental weakness of sincere students.

There are no secrets and there is no magic........

The only real secret is daily practice.

So one must learn the proper method of practice.

Gaining a proper method of practice is a key.

Having a teacher who has experienced the higher levels of Alchemy is a great help and inspiration; but not needed.

There have been many cases in Taoism history and lore of adepts gaining high levels from their own personal efforts in self cultivation.

We all come into life with different Karma and different spiritual attributes.

So perhaps everyone will reach different levels based on these conditions.

We just keep a sincere and pure heart and try our best.

Dao Fa Zu Ren...........

The Great Dao Follows the Way of Nature............

The thing I have learned is this:

Know what is your job, and know what is the job of nature.

In the first stages of practice, it may seem there are many exercises or methods performed.

This is just "our" work to create a "proper" environment.

We work to create the proper "conditions".

We then must know when to stop, and allow Nature to Do It's Work.

Many people teach the imagination and visualization method in the West.

Trying to move, circulate and guide the Qi with Mind-Will.

Yet think upon this.........

If the method of Gaining Union with Tao depends upon your Mind-Will remaining unmoving and motionless.

Completely still and empty..........

Then if the Mind-Will is involved in movement or imagination then how can such a condition engender the stillness or empty state?

I have attached three things in my various posts.

1. Taoist Theory and Practice of Internal Alchemy Document.

2. Heart Mind Fasting Meditation

3. Eight Steps of the Silk Brocades.

With these three documents, one can have all the tools needed to reach a high enough level in the practice on their own.

Often it is best to practice on your own, where you are, and not worry about finding a teacher.

As you practice these methods and make some progress and internal growth, you will naturally find a teacher to guide you further.

It is a Universal Rule.

When the student has made an effort to create the proper conditions, the Teacher will naturally come.

With all my best regards.

Sincerely, dao zhen

PS. I will post some photos from China in my gallery, and you may enjoy the pictures. I only have about 2 or so weeks to be able to post, then must do other works. If you wish to visit China this year, I am happy to help you here also.

Dear friends.

I hope you are all in fine spirits and in good health.

If anyone wishes to discuss the attached document, we are very happy to answer any questions on the theory and practice contained.

With all my best regards.

Sincerely, dao zhen

Hi Dao Zhen,

What order are you doing your studies, mind/heart med, 8 piece of silk, etc?

Just you have given so much information maybe start a complete new thread with the order one follows in your wudang sect.

My meditation practice is on stillness, emptiness i have a very long internal form Hun Yuan form, standing meditation etc.

What order would you do these?

cheers

WYG

"I had contact with my Alchemy Teacher, during this time in the hospital, and asked for a technique or methods of practice to aid me in my healing; as I was very afraid, and in a terrible emotional state of depression.

He replied with a letter that contained one word:

"Recover......" "

Wow... now There is a teacher. And man of few words :)

Michael

"I have attached three things in my various posts.

1. Taoist Theory and Practice of Internal Alchemy Document.

2. Heart Mind Fasting Meditation

3. Eight Steps of the Silk Brocades.

With these three documents, one can have all the tools needed to reach a high enough level in the practice on their own.

Often it is best to practice on your own, where you are, and not worry about finding a teacher.

As you practice these methods and make some progress and internal growth, you will naturally find a teacher to guide you further".

I missed the two attachments for "Heart Mind Fasting Meditation" and "Eight Steps of the Silk Brocades". Would you mind passing these on one more time.

Please continue with your posts. You have much to share.

I also agree with some of the posts moving away from the Path by insulting each other. I, unfortunately took part in some of it and have taken a vow to not participate in these exchanges. Thank you for your guidance.

I missed the two attachments for "Heart Mind Fasting Meditation" and "Eight Steps of the Silk Brocades". Would you mind passing these on one more time.

Here are his links to those two...I was looking for them at work earlier before I joined here because he stated you could use those three things to learn. I have saved them for future reading as I am just starting out.

Heart-Mind Fasting Meditation: http://www.thetaobums.com/index.php?showtopic=4817&hl=

Eight Silk Brocade: http://www.thetaobums.com/index.php?showtopic=4803&hl=

Here are his links to those two...I was looking for them at work earlier before I joined here because he stated you could use those three things to learn. I have saved them for future reading as I am just starting out.

Thanks LoneHaven.

Edited by taocultivator

He last visited DaoBums in September 2016.  He is still an active member.  Perhaps if you send him a PM he will get the notification and respond to you.