maximolevel

Master Kwan Sai-Hung

From a Google search, I found this post.

I took classes from Kwan in the upstate NY region for about 6-8 months. He still teaches in that area.

Immediately, I liked the man and felt a very unique presence around him - calm yet intense, humorous yet serious. His Qigong definitely seems legit, I've heard his Tai Chi is good too, but I do not know about his martial ability. I got into Qigong and Tai Chi thru meditation, and his meditative tips/techniques are, hands down, some of the best I have learned from an individual. I am actually VERY shocked to learn how well known Master Kwan actually is.

First, he never mentioned there was a book published based on his life. He has shared parts of his story, some of which may seem a bit dubious I suppose, but life is crazy chaotic and many things are possible. I am unsure about him being "Frank" and really not born in 1920... he definitely looks in his 90s even though he is also youthful in many ways. While he claims a lot of ridiculous things about "Ancient Taoist masters," he does not claim much about his own ability. I think his stories of the masters are not meant to be taken literally. Although I have not read the book Chronicles of Tao yet, it seems pretty obvious (from descriptions) that it is a fiction-based-on-true-story type book.

Some students in his classes acted like he was divine, but Kwan was always pretty modest about his skills and never boasted about his own accomplishments or anything like that. He offered words of wisdom on occasion, but I never felt like he was trying to lecture people or talk down to anyone.

Edited by futuredaze
  • Like 1