GrandTrinity

Everyone post some favorite quotes!

1 minute ago, CloudHands said:

"stop glorifying busy" silent thunder

I like the quote but why the injunction form, self addressed ?

Yeah, glorify wu wei.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Starjumper said:

The eyes are useless when the mind is blind.

reminds me of the Bob Marley quote:

Some folks feel the rain, others just get wet.

• Like 6

"True magic is neither black nor white. It's both because nature is both loving and cruel, all at the same time. The only good or bad in the heart of the witch. Life keeps a balance on its own." The Craft
Edited by OldSaint
  • Like 1

@Spotless

Read this and immediately thought of you and your handle here.

The greatest sin is to call yourself a sinner. You are a child of God. Though gold be covered with mud for centuries, it remains gold. So the pure ‘gold’ of the soul can be covered over with the mud of delusion for aeons, but in its true nature it remains forever undefiled.”

—Paramhansa Yogananda”

• Like 5

"Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way."

-Bokonon

• Like 5

"Just tell me where in the world do you find these angels.....who are going to organize our society for us?" Milton Friedman 

• Like 1

From the opening to his book THIS IS IT... Alan Watts

Spiritual and mystical suggest something rarefied, otherworldly, and loftily religious, opposted to an ordinary material life which is simply practical and commonplace.  The whole point of these essays is to show the fallacy of this opposition, to show that the spiritual is not to be separated from the material, nor the wonderful from the ordinary.  We need, above all, to disentangle ourselves from habits of speech and thought which set the two apart, making it impossible for us to see that this--the immediate, everyday, and present experience--is IT, the entire, ultimate point. 

• Like 4

This singing art is sea foam.

The graceful movements come from a pearl

somewhere on the ocean floor.

Poems reach up like spindrift and the edge

of driftwood along the beach, wanting!

They derive

from a slow and powerful root

that we can’t see.

Stop the words now.

Open the window in the centre of your chest,

and let the spirits fly in and out.

- Rumi

• Like 4

On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart’s desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.

—H.L. Menken

• Like 3

By member WuDao-

Every moment is the peach.  

This bell does not unring. (-:

• Like 7

"The great falling away of that which never was, bricks come tumbling down, a temple built for no one. A veil of dualism, experience appearing, disappearing. Awareness imagining duality. Oh Maya.

The grand dynamic stillness, fullness of the emptiness, the deafening unstruck sound of silence. A veil of non-dualism, experience appearing, disappearing. Awareness imagining unity. Oh Maya.

A dreamer in a dream, dreams of drifting off to sleep, a dream-awakening within the dream. Unawareness. Oh Maya!" -neti neti

Edited by neti neti
  • Like 3

On one occasion the Sage(Ramana Maharshi) was asked whether or not it was his duty to preach the Truth to all the people and thus make them free.

He answered: “If one awakens from a dream, does he ask: ‘Have those men, that I saw in the dream, awakened?’ Just so, the Sage is not concerned about the people of the world.”

Referring to the notion – now fashionable – that it would be selfish to attain freedom for oneself, leaving all the world in bondage, he said: “This is like a dreamer saying: ‘I shall not awaken till all these dream-men awake.’ "

• Like 2

Now that's irony without the ironing board.

I guess I'm going to have to restart that thread of Nietzsche quotes.

• Like 2

What a monument of human smallness is this idea of the philosopher king. What a contrast between it and the simplicity of humaneness of Socrates, who warned the statesmen against the danger of being dazzled by his own power, excellence, and wisdom, and who tried to teach him what matters most — that we are all frail humanbeings. What a decline from this world of irony and reason and truthfulness down to Plato's kingdom of the sage whose magicalpowers raise him high above ordinary men; although not quite high enough to forgo the use of lies, or to neglect the sorry trade of every shaman — the selling of spells, of breeding spells, in exchange for power over his fellow-men.

- Karl Popper

• Like 1

I object  :)  not all shamans are like that.  You could say that chi kung masters are shamans, and the Taoist ones are 'supposed' to be ethical.  The real ones cultivate power for their own advancement and the only power they really prefer is the power of yielding.

• Like 3

The border between the Real and the Unreal is not fixed, but just marks the last place where rival gangs of shamans fought each other to a standstill.

- Robert Anton Wilson 

• Like 3