GrandTrinity

Everyone post some favorite quotes!

The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.

- Hunter S. Thompson

• Like 4

On 8/16/2017 at 9:40 AM, Marblehead said:

Now that's irony without the ironing board.

I guess I'm going to have to restart that thread of Nietzsche quotes.

When one finds themselves with the ironing board, but no iron. Thinking of you. :)

• Like 1

The location of the truth of the Great Perfection is the unfabricated mind of the present moment, this naked radiant awareness itself, not a hair of which has been forced into relaxation.

Maintaining this at all times, just through not forgetting it even in the states of eating, sleeping, walking, and sitting, is called meditation. However, until you are free from the obscurations of cognition, it is impossible for this not to be mixed with the experiences of bliss, clarity, and non-conceptualisation.

Nevertheless, just by not forgetting the nature of one’s own awareness - the kind that is not a tangled mindfulness that gets more tangled in order to be mindful - at some point the unelaborated ultimate truth, transcending terms and examples, will appear.

-Jigme Lingpa

“Don’t grieve. Anything you lose comes round in another form."

“Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment.”

“Be like the sun for grace and mercy. Be like the night to cover others' faults. Be like running water for generosity. Be like death for rage and anger. Be like the Earth for modesty. Appear as you are. Be as you appear.”

~Rumi

Edited by neti neti
  • Like 3

All that you touch
And all that you see
All that you taste
All you feel

And all that you love
And all that you hate
All you distrust
All you save

And all that you give
And all that you deal
And all that you buy,
Beg, borrow or steal

And all you create
And all you destroy
And all that you do
And all that you say

And all that you eat
And everyone you meet
And all that you slight
And everyone you fight

And all that is now
And all that is gone
And all that's to come
And everything under the sun is in tune
But the sun is eclipsed by the moon.

(There is no dark side of the moon, really.
Matter of fact, it's all dark.)

• Like 4

Yeh, its probably a good idea to be careful with all those emotions...

Spoiler

A quote to stay on topic:

Once men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free. But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.
Reverend Mother Gaius Helen Mohiam

Edited by Brian
  • Like 1

Now we are getting somewhere.  And speaking of emotions, and enslaving men.... and good ol '93

1 hour ago, liminal_luke said:

When you feel bad, paint beauty.

my partner Jose

:wub:

... because thank you doesn't seem like enough.

• Like 2

"I dare do all that may become a man; Who dares do more is none." - Macbeth act 1

Best describes my life creed.

Vi veri universum vivus vici  /translated from Latin/ "By the power of truth, I, while living, have conquered the universe"

Best describes my way of doing things.

“I-I am going to be a storm-a flame-
I need to fight whole armies alone;
I have ten hearts; I have a hundred arms;
I feel too strong to war with mortals-
BRING ME GIANTS!” ― Edmond Rostand, Cyrano de Bergerac

Best describes my heart.

• Like 1

And they said to the Lord of the ages: 'Lord of lords, God of gods, King of kings, and God of the ages, the throne of Thy glory (standeth) unto all the generations of the ages, and Thy name holy and glorious and blessed unto all the ages!  Thou hast made all things, and power over all things hast Thou: and all things are naked and open in Thy sight, and Thou seest all things, and nothing can hide itself from Thee.

Thou seest what Azâzêl hath done, who hath taught all unrighteousness on earth and revealed the eternal secrets which were (preserved) in heaven, which men were striving to learn.  And Semjâzâ, to whom Thou hast given authority to bear rule over his associates.  And they have gone to the daughters of men upon the earth, and have slept with the women, and have defiled themselves, and revealed to them all kinds of sins.  And the women have borne giants, and the whole earth has thereby been filled with blood and unrighteousness.  And now, behold, the souls of those who have died are crying and making their suit to the gates of heaven, and their lamentations have ascended: and cannot cease because of the lawless deeds which are wrought on the earth.  

And Thou knowest all things before they come to pass, and Thou seest these things and Thou dost suffer them, and Thou dost not say to us what we are to do to them in regard to these.'

Then said the Most High, the Holy and Great One spake, and sent Uriel to the son of Lamech, and said to him: 'Go to Noah and tell him in my name "Hide thyself!" and reveal to him the end that is approaching: that the whole earth will be destroyed, and a deluge is about to come upon the whole earth, and will destroy all that is on it.  And now instruct him that he may escape and his seed may be preserved for all the generations of the world.'

- Book of Enoch

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Apeiron&Peiron said:

"Naturalness is called the Way. The Way has no name or form; it is just the essence, just the primal spirit....From the point of view of the universe, people are like mayflies; but from the point of view of the Way, even the universe is an evanescent reflection. Only the true essence of the original spirit transcends the organization that is above it"

---Lu Dongbin

that was timely... thanks mate.

• Like 3