see, there's so many things

that my pen can do

Im glancin

advancin

Federales in my rear view

license plate showcasin 4 horsemen

i dont lie to you

but, see - i had the force, so i let em smoke this angel's dust

(fuck em, kids gonna win... Mexico or bust be slippin an slidin..... alllllriiiight....)

Now Im Freewheelin

rattlesnake sidewindin

sun blisterin, blazin

practically blindin

paradise in sight

but im practically fryin

'62 Stingray damn near dyin

Mexican bean beetles screamin

"keep on tryin..."

these kids gonna find some piece of mind in

Mexico or bust

we aint rewindin

Paradise or nothin

let your sun shine in...

allriiiiiiiiight...

(ALLLLRIIIIIIGHT.....)

Mexico or bust

Paradise or nothin

• Like 1

"Mind at Large has to be funneled through the reducing valve of the brain and nervous system. What comes out at the other end is a measly trickle of the kind of consciousness that will help us to stay alive... Certain persons, however, seem to be born with a kind of bypass that circumvents the reducing valve. In others, temporary bypasses may be acquired either spontaneously, or as the result of deliberate "spiritual exercises," or through hypnosis, or by means of drugs. Through these permanent or temporary bypasses there flows, something more than, and above all something different from, the carefully selected utilitarian material which our narrowed, individual minds regard as a complete, or at least sufficient, picture of reality." 
- Aldous Huxley

• Like 1

On 11/9/2017 at 1:23 PM, Apeiron&Peiron said:

People are often unreasonable, illogical, and self centered – Love them anyway
If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives – Be kind anyway
If you are successful, you will win some false friends and some true enemies – Succeed anyway
If you are honest and frank, people may cheat you – Be honest and frank anyway
What you spend years building, someone could destroy overnight – Build anyway
If you find serenity and happiness, some may be jealous – Be happy anyway
The good you do today, people will often forget tomorrow – Do good anyway
Give the world the best you have, and it may never be enough – Give the world the best you’ve got anyway
You see, in the final analysis, it’s between you and God – It was never between you and them anyway.
--Mother Teresa

Great writing, but not by Mother Teresa's.  It was written by Kent M. Keith when he was 19 and published in 1968.  The title the Paradoxical Commandments- http://www.kentmkeith.com/mother_teresa.html

In many ways it follows the famous Desiderata, which early copies said it was 'found in an old Church in 1652', whereas it was much more modern.  Written by Max Ehrmann in 1927.

It is one of my favorites.

Desiderata

Go placidly amid the noise and haste,
and remember what peace there may be in silence.
As far as possible without surrender
be on good terms with all persons.
Speak your truth quietly and clearly;
and listen to others,
even the dull and the ignorant;
they too have their story.

Avoid loud and aggressive persons,
they are vexations to the spirit.
If you compare yourself with others,
you may become vain and bitter;
for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself.
Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans.

Keep interested in your own career, however humble;
it is a real possession in the changing fortunes of time.
Exercise caution in your business affairs;
for the world is full of trickery.
But let this not blind you to what virtue there is;
many persons strive for high ideals;
and everywhere life is full of heroism.

Be yourself.
Especially, do not feign affection.
Neither be cynical about love;
for in the face of all aridity and disenchantment
it is as perennial as the grass.

Take kindly the counsel of the years,
gracefully surrendering the things of youth.
Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune.
But do not distress yourself with dark imaginings.
Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness.
Beyond a wholesome discipline,
be gentle with yourself.

You are a child of the universe,
no less than the trees and the stars;
you have a right to be here.
And whether or not it is clear to you,
no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God,
whatever you conceive Him to be,
and whatever your labors and aspirations,
in the noisy confusion of life keep peace with your soul.

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams,
it is still a beautiful world.
Be cheerful.
Strive to be happy.

Max Ehrmann, Desiderata, Copyright 1952.

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 4

“Everything existing in the world “falls to the bottom.” The “bottom” for any part of the Universe is its nearest “stability,” and this stability is the point toward which all the lines of force from all directions converge.” 

“On the planet Earth also, three-brained beings are formed, and they too contain all the data for higher being-bodies to be coated in them. “But in ‘strength of spirit’ they do not begin to compare with the beings breeding on the little planet I just mentioned.  The external coating of the three-brained beings of that planet Earth closely resembles our own, except that their skin is a little slimier than ours.  Moreover, they have no tails, and their heads are without horns.  But the worst thing about them is their feet, for they have no hoofs” 

"During the period I am speaking of, I visited most of the planets of that solar system, those already populated and those still unpopulated.  

"Personally I liked best of all the three-centered beings dwelling on the planet 'Saturn '.  Their outer form is quite unlike ours, resembling that of the bird-being, 'raven.'

"It is interesting to remark, by the way, that for some reason or other these raven-beings are found not only on almost all the planets of this solar system but on most of the planets of our Great Universe where beings of various brain systems arise and are coated with planetary bodies of different forms. 

"The verbal intercourse of these raven-beings of the planet Saturn is somewhat like our own. But their way of speaking is the most beautiful I have ever heard. 

"It can be compared to the music of our best singers when with all their being they sing in a minor key.

"And as for the quality of their relations with each other—I don't even know how to describe it. It can be known only by existing among them and having the experience oneself.

"All that can be said is that these bird-beings have hearts exactly like those of the angels nearest our Endless Maker and Creator.

"They exist strictly according to the ninth commandment of our Creator: 'Consider everything belonging to another as if it were your own, and so treat it.'

"Later, I must certainly tell you in more detail about those three-brained beings who arise and exist on the planet Saturn, since one of my real friends during the whole period of my exile in that solar system was a being of that planet, who had the exterior coating of a raven and whose name was Harharkh." 

―  Beelzebub's Tales to His Grandson, 
    G.I. Gurdjieff

• Like 1

“The basic difference between an ordinary man and a warrior is that a warrior takes everything as a challenge while an ordinary man takes everything as a blessing or a curse.”

― Carlos Castaneda

• Like 4

" A positive attitude may not solve all your problems but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort."

H Albright

• Like 3

22 hours ago, cold said:

" A positive attitude may not solve all your problems but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort."

H Albright

--> What made you smile today ;)

• Like 1

And god said "oh my god!"
What's happened to the human being
What's happened to my lovely creature
They all become a cold machine
No more love no more power
Machine without gasoline
Wake up wake up crowd
Wake up from your boring dream

• Like 3

In imitating the exemplary acts of a god or of a mythic hero, or simply by recounting their adventures, the man of an archaic society detaches himself from profane time and magically re-enters the Great Time, the sacred time.

Mircea Eliade

• Like 2

The great cosmic illusion is a hierophany.... One is devoured by Time, not because one lives in Time, but because one believes in its reality, and therefore forgets or despises eternity.

Mircea Eliade

• Like 1

“The world in our heads is not a precise replica of reality; our expectations about the frequency of events are distorted by the prevalence and emotional intensity of the messages to which we are exposed.”   

~ Daniel Kahneman, 'Thinking, Fast & Slow'

• Like 5

From member Phil- Your body reacts to every single thought and adapts to those underlying believes. If you think Alcohol and Sex is bad for you per se your body / subsystems (like endocrine- / nervous- / immune-system) will do everything to help you in supporting those thoughts.. 

• Like 2