Trunk

Micro-Vibing the Sacrum

Recently I've been using a hand-held electric massager on my sacrum. It's a NovaSonic brand, and does a sort of micro-vibe thing... That is, it's not bashing away like a jack-hammer, but has a low buzz. (I think this'd work with any massager that has a sort of micro-vibe setting. The NovaSonic is $$$ and there are a lot less expensive ones out there.) The result is that the sacrum vibrates, as do the tissues surrounding the sacrum, as do the nerves the run through it. It's lightly vibrating the nerve roots for the sexual nerve plexuses.

Personally, this has led to many results: some healing as well as much more fluent sacral pulsing. It just happens much easier, cleaner, fuller. Big pay-off in terms of how much easier other exercises (like stretching and LTT breathing) trigger the sacrum, now.

I've also done a bit of reading re: the sacrum. I looked through the Manual of Acupuncture to check channel trajectories, which ones go through the sacrum: Ren, Du, Kidney, Bladder, Gall Bladder. That is, both channels of the orbit, both water element channels, and the critical-tipping-point channel for stagnant/flowing. The read-up on sacral BL acupoints has been similarly promising.

All the physical (and/or breathing) exercises that I've done for the sacrum in the past have been... a little awkward and partially helpful. It may seem like cheating B) but this electric gizmo has helped a lot. :) The last couple of weeks or so I've been going through one of those phases like, "I think maybe this is really important" "is this really as important as I think it is?" "nah, couldn't be. is. definately is. whoa, so much lines up". Uh, also it has the mark of "one of the first things taught and now discovering it more deeply". <_<

MsgNovasonic.jpg

NovaSonic, the massager I'm using

MsgWahl.jpg

any brand / model with micro-massage (?)

Edited by Trunk

Trunk,

Thanks for sharing!

The instruction to Novasonic says the sonic waves can penetrate up to 2.5 inches deep. That is if you apply it to sacrum, you will affect prostate. Would you say that prostate is affected? Can you feel it?

The instruction to Novasonic says the sonic waves can penetrate up to 2.5 inches deep. That is if you apply it to sacrum, you will affect prostate. Would you say that prostate is affected? Can you feel it?

Yes, the prostate is affected. Yes, I feel it.

Most of the fun results happen some time after the massage. I mean, during the massage it feels good and all, mostly I feel the sacrum itself vibrating during. It's after, during the ensuing hours and day/s that lots of stuff happens more. All good and along directions we've all been working along. Including the prostate. Including the whole pulsing interaction of the urogenital diaphragm ~> sacrum (and everything in between) that Dr Lin emphasizes. Also, of course, it's the bottom of the spine. All the things that we've learned about the sacrum over time: it all becomes a lot easier. :lol::)

p.s.

Thanks to Smile for recommending the NovaSonic. I've been experimenting with it for a while and like it. Though expensive, I'm happy. :) I think that people can also find less expensive alternatives - at least for the purpose of sacral massage. Some of the massagers on amazon describe vibe settings that would be o.k. on your face (for a fraction of the cost of a NovaSonic). I'm suspecting that those'd work for sacrum massage. Hopefully one of you's guys will try out one like that and report back. B)

Edited by Trunk

There is another thing you can try, Keith (And I know you want to try it... :) )

Buy a soloflex Whole Body Vibration Attachment and and attach it under a small wooden coffee table (with the legs sawed 3/4 off) Stand on it or sit, while it vibrates. You can even lay down.

Won't regret it... :)

I had one treatment with a device like that not long ago. With just a few seconds of vibrating on my foot, the whole foot, the bones and the muscles relaxed all the way up to the hip. It felt amazing! I also got a little bit of vibrating on my trapezius and jaw. Just a few seconds was enough to relax the muscles completely.

It was this device: http://www.chirocity.com/browseproducts/Er...ssor-Basic.HTML It is e-x-p-e-n-c-i-v-e-!-!-!

Im not sure if the effects are the same though, but it look like they are similar. This one use physical vibration, while the NovaSonic use sound waves.

While micro-vibration devices are perfectly safe and useful for your practice, do not ever place an actual ultrasound device (like the ones used in chiropractic clinics) on your sacrum. If the waves strike your nerves anywhere on your spine, they can cause serious and permanent spinal damage. Ultrasound machines are contraindicated for virtually anything other than muscle tissue and joints.

Also be careful because if you have cancer that you are not aware of yet, an ultrasound machine will break the tumor and release the cancer into your lymph system. This will spread an otherwise benign cancer throughout your body.

Again, this does not apply to micro-vibration devices, just real ultrasound machines. I thought that I would put that out there for safety sake.

There is another thing you can try, Keith (And I know you want to try it... :) )

Buy a soloflex Whole Body Vibration Attachment and and attach it under a small wooden coffee table (with the legs sawed 3/4 off)

I bought the soloflex wbv (whole body vibration) platform a couple of yrs ago. I like it. Don't use it as much as I used to, but still has been really good for me. I recommended it to a friend who tried it and got hardly anything from it - I assume that he isn't prone to stagnation issues like I have been. So, results vary.

VP_Soloflex.jpg

Trunk! Thanks for this idea- it's perfect. Starting using a handheld massager from Brookstone- major difference i've noted (aside from basic softening down there, increased sensation, kind of a freshly "steamed" feeling) is that during stressed moments- when I would generally struggle to work through energetic chaos to find something clear and stable- my sacrum is clear. It's an instant ground for me now, and incredibly reliable. Great great stuff!

Brian

Thanks for this idea- it's perfect. Starting using a handheld massager from Brookstone ...

You're welcome! :)

I've also found it super-effective and easy-as-pie.

Glad that another massager (I assume not as expensive as the NovaSonic) works well. What model did you get? Link? Only caution I'd say to people is make sure that you get one that does micro-massage. I don't think it's a good idea to bash away at any portion of the spine. :o

Little research project for anyone who wants to: Read up on the acupoints that are on the sacrum, see how they relate.