Sign in to follow this  
alexandrov

ayp deep meditation contraindications

Hi all

I was just wondering if anyone knows what practices the ayp deep meditation practice (which involves the mental repitition of a single mantra) should not be done with. I know this type of meditation supossibly has energetic effects which can interfere with certain other practices which involve clearing channels or moving chi around.

Thanks

Hi all

I was just wondering if anyone knows what practices the ayp deep meditation practice (which involves the mental repitition of a single mantra) should not be done with. I know this type of meditation supossibly has energetic effects which can interfere with certain other practices which involve clearing channels or moving chi around.

Thanks

i suggest you read more AYP Lessons

its obvious you haven't at all lol, since the 2nd main practice of AYP is Spinal Breathing is exactly "clearing channels or moving chi around"

http://www.aypsite.org/MainDirectory.html

and you know they have a forum on that site, right?

I've been combining mostly Healing tao 5 element creation cycle qiqongs with dm. Seems to process/ground the stillness. My understanding and experience is that stillness energy is in polar opposition relationship to 5 shen / acupuncture channels.

As what not to practice is a very personal thing. For example, for me some year or two ago when I tried the spinal breathing it was absolutely horrible :lol:

...but it seems many are still having good experiences with that.

Edited by atena

I've been combining mostly Healing tao 5 element creation cycle qiqongs with dm. Seems to process/ground the stillness. My understanding and experience is that stillness energy is in polar opposition relationship to 5 shen / acupuncture channels.

As what not to practice is a very personal thing. For example, for me some year or two ago when I tried the spinal breathing it was absolutely horrible :lol:

...but it seems many are still having good experiences with that.

2 cents...

I've done AYP meditation with other energetic practices without a problem. I'm not sure what you mean by process/ground the stillness. The stillness lets the energy do its own thing which is usually grounding itself.

You don't have to take the mantra either. That's just so the mind won't drift into its rising thoughts. After a while, just observe the scenery as the body resets itself and filters things out on its own.

Edited by Lucky7Strikes

What I forgot to mention was that for me the stillness didn't do its thing in-between the practice times naturally very well, so I took more active measures to help that. So it might be likely that not many have the use for what I found to be helpful for me ;)

Enough about me, carry on B)

Edited by atena

i suggest you read more AYP Lessons

its obvious you haven't at all lol, since the 2nd main practice of AYP is Spinal Breathing is exactly "clearing channels or moving chi around"

http://www.aypsite.org/MainDirectory.html

and you know they have a forum on that site, right?

actually i read the deep meditation book and the info on deep meditation on the site. Otherwise I would not be asking this question. In the book it does not throughly talk about possible contraindications with more energetic based practices. I have not read about the pranayama practices because im not interested in them at this time. I posted on their forum, I just wanted your inputs as well. From what I understand spinal breathing pranayama deals mainly with the back channels, while the chigung I do focuses on dan tien and the front ones, so yes there is a difference.

Thank you all for your contributions

maybe a better question would be should I subsitute a samatha type meditation in place of the ayp deep meditation to practice with the chigung? Would there be less of a chance for energy interference this way??

Sign in to follow this