Encephalon

Unrelated topic of the day

I left the movie rather depressed. The last scene really got to me....... and I'm only 19 :(

The whole thing with him and his wife....... aaah, it made me so sad :(

And the action wasn't as great as, say, G.I. Joe, and the plot was, you know, "racism is bad", wow, how long have we known that now?

So overall.... it was sad.... and I don't really like to pay money to be sad :(

rotflmao.

Actually South African accents just make me giggle. Sounds like an Aussie crossed with a Kiwi.

saw it with my son

he loved it

I nearly threw up

a little too "splatter" for my taste but the basic idea was quite good.

the scene that really got to me was where he was forced

in the lab to fire the alien weapon and kill the extraterrestial

my son kept on teasing me the whole evening with the sentence;

"don't make me do it don't make me shoot him, I'll shoot a pig instead"

rotflmao.

Actually South African accents just make me giggle. Sounds like an Aussie crossed with a Kiwi.

District 9 was fracking great! A really unique sci fi.

Kiwis have fun accent! Flight of the Conchords!!! :D

The story was really well done from the standpoint of character development. The lead went from an obscenely clueless, fascist prick, into a hapless character for whom we could have affection, and then acquired the heroic archetype. Masterful redemption genre work.

His tortuous experience in the firing range is pretty much the grabber, the emotional hook, for just about everyone I spoke to.

Just saw it today, was interested in the South African content because I was there this year and found it facinating. I love when movies are speed-paced like that.

One interesting bit was how the Nigerian mafia guys were eating alien body parts, and also wanted to eat the main guy's arm in order to become part alien themselves.....

There is a similarity in that to the alleged ET's and Annunaki stories where they drank human blood for the DNA in order to become more human and therefore more suitable for this planet inhabitation. This apparently was the original motivation behind human sacrifices at temples, pyramids etc. And this tradition lives on in some extent in Catholics drinking the chalice wine....

the scene that really got to me was where he was forced

in the lab to fire the alien weapon and kill the extraterrestial

Me too but I also thought it was pretty intense and disturbing when the warlord tried to take his arm.

Loved the movie!

Its definet top movie for me.. Really Really like it. Lol its one of the only movies to keep me on the edge the entire time where you really connect.

But hell im a movie buff. =D