Sign in to follow this  
Encephalon

Western medicine cannot restore cartilage yet.

I have osteo-arthritis in my R shoulder. I get a cortisone shot every 5 or 6 months. My physician says that Western med still can't replace cartilage that has been ground out of your joints, but I have read that chi kung can alleviate the pain and swelling of arthritis as well as osteo-arthritis.

Has anyone had experience with bone on bone - wear and tear issues that responded well, perhaps even reversed course? Miracles happen right? Can I get to the point where I can start sending the chi in the direction of my shoulder?

Thanks in advance.

I have osteo-arthritis in my R shoulder. I get a cortisone shot every 5 or 6 months. My physician says that Western med still can't replace cartilage that has been ground out of your joints, but I have read that chi kung can alleviate the pain and swelling of arthritis as well as osteo-arthritis.

Has anyone had experience with bone on bone - wear and tear issues that responded well, perhaps even reversed course? Miracles happen right? Can I get to the point where I can start sending the chi in the direction of my shoulder?

Thanks in advance.

I have seen no proof of rebuilding of cartilage with qi - do think it is possible, but would be over a long period of time. As far as eliminating the pain, medical qigong works very well for osteo-arthritis. I have had very good results with reduction of inflammation and elimination of pain. Qigong self-healing helps immensely but you cannot do the same thing with your own qi as someone with a higher vibrational level that does medical qigong. The reason for this is that you are at the same energy potential as yourself. But definitely keep up the practice, it surely will help. Find a medical qigong practitioner that you can go to for help. Have you tried long term glucosamine sulfate, MSM, high quality fish oil, etc?

I have seen no proof of rebuilding of cartilage with qi - do think it is possible, but would be over a long period of time. As far as eliminating the pain, medical qigong works very well for osteo-arthritis. I have had very good results with reduction of inflammation and elimination of pain. Qigong self-healing helps immensely but you cannot do the same thing with your own qi as someone with a higher vibrational level that does medical qigong. The reason for this is that you are at the same energy potential as yourself. But definitely keep up the practice, it surely will help. Find a medical qigong practitioner that you can go to for help. Have you tried long term glucosamine sulfate, MSM, high quality fish oil, etc?

Long term is the keyword there with regard to natural anti-inflams. I've heard that msm doesn't do the job as it was once thought to do. At my age (49), it doesn't make sense to go with shoulder replacement surgery because I would be sacrificing significant ROM for modest pain relief. Prudent cortisone inj. works.

I'm thinking about a not too distant future where the health care in the US, like everything else, just completely deteriorates. But I'm a happy Doomer. I was a medic years ago. I think my post-crash skill set is going to be medical, along with gardening, cooking, and hopefully, medical qigong.

Thanks for your prompt reply. I may end up with 100s of questions for you!

www.lifeaftertheoilcrash.net

Edited by Blasto

Long term is the keyword there with regard to natural anti-inflams. I've heard that msm doesn't do the job as it was once thought to do. At my age (49), it doesn't make sense to go with shoulder replacement surgery because I would be sacrificing significant ROM for modest pain relief. Prudent cortisone inj. works.

I'm thinking about a not too distant future where the health care in the US, like everything else, just completely deteriorates. But I'm a happy Doomer. I was a medic years ago. I think my post-crash skill set is going to be medical, along with gardening, cooking, and hopefully, medical qigong.

Thanks for your prompt reply. I may end up with 100s of questions for you!

www.lifeaftertheoilcrash.net

MSM can help with inflammation but it is mild - think fish oil is really good. Also I take a really good formula from Integrative Therapeutics called Circumax and higher doses of same company's Grape seed Phytosome; have seen these combinations help quite a bit. Have seen msm/glucosamine work well with others but the glucosamine doesn't do anything for me. So my program is fish oil, Circumax, Magnesium Malate, and grape seed extract (phytosome).

Re: Medicine in the future

I start all my flyers out with - Medical/Clinical Qigong: Future's Medicine, and I firmly believe that to be so.

Is this your website? www.lifeaftertheoilcrash.net , I have read it occasionally.

Edited by Ya Mu

MSM can help with inflammation but it is mild - think fish oil is really good. Also I take a really good formula from Integrative Therapeutics called Circumax and higher doses of same company's Grape seed Phytosome; have seen these combinations help quite a bit. Have seen msm/glucosamine work well with others but the glucosamine doesn't do anything for me. So my program is fish oil, Circumax, Magnesium Malate, and grape seed extract (phytosome).

Re: Medicine in the future

I start all my flyers out with - Medical/Clinical Qigong: Future's Medicine, and I firmly believe that to be so.

I've been posting points like this in here for some time. The humans that make it to the 22nd century will be Taoists. After the oil crash, there will be no other way to live on this earth. Period. That's my personal fusion of global studies, geography, and Taoism. Perhaps we can discuss at length some time elsewhere.

Regards,

Blasto in LA

www.lifeaftertheoilcrash.net is not my website. It belongs to an attorney up in Sonoma County CA, wine country. He just took a course in natural healing and is totally on board with post-crash skill set development, including the medical side.

Edited by Blasto

My Dad has recently tried hyaluronic acid injections He ticks all the boxes, trying to delay knee replacement surgery and he gets stomach ulcers from anti-inflammatorys. He had his knee cartlidge removed in an operation in the 60's when he injured his knee badly falling from a wall at work (Although that operation prevented him from having to go to Vietnam so you never know how blessing are wrapped)

But also read this one may not work

He is only a few weeks in so no results either way so far. I'm hoping it will give him enough mobility to be able to lean Tai Chi (that has been a 3 year project) as he can not stand for long enough these days.

Personally I think Chi Gongs would help, I'm hoping they help my knees :) But you need to practice them and perhaps use as a preventative rather than a cure. Which is why I started doing them while I am still young(ish) and healthy. I'm a big fan of fish oil too.

Sign in to follow this