Sign in to follow this  
3bob

logic

"A mind all logic is like a knife all blade. It makes the hand bleed that uses it."

Rabindranath Tagore

Edited by 3bob

Were you expecting any responses to that quote?

Peace & Love!

Come what may... and at this site anyone can expect anything from a-z or nothing at all. :lol:;)

... and at this site anyone can expect anything from a-z or nothing at all. :lol:;)

Now that's a fact. Hehehe.

The quote is valid from a very narrow perspective. However, logic can still wonder at the 'miracle' of life, the wonder of love, and all kinds of neat concepts that do not fall into the 'scientifically provable' group of things. Even concepts such as 'spirituality' can fall well within the realm of logic if handled properly.

Peace & Love!

If anyone's a fan of the manga series "Bleach", the main bad guy in the most recent chapter said:

"Reason exists for those who cannot go on living without clinging to it."

Now that's a fact. Hehehe.

The quote is valid from a very narrow perspective. However, logic can still wonder at the 'miracle' of life, the wonder of love, and all kinds of neat concepts that do not fall into the 'scientifically provable' group of things. Even concepts such as 'spirituality' can fall well within the realm of logic if handled properly.

Peace & Love!

that seems logical... B):blink::D^_^:ninja:;) hehehe

Edited by 3bob

If your logic is based on a false or limited set of experiences and observations I can agree, but if it is aimed at logic itself then it fails.

What do you think has got you this computer you type on? Created this very website? etc etc etc

How about you drop all your logic, and next time you wanna post on the tao bums you use nothing but a potato? may not seem very logical, but hey who needs logic to get anywhere? :lol: I look forward to your post using that potato

@Sloppy

FINAL GATETSU TENSHOU?!!?!? :lol:

Greetings..

Logic is categorized in many ways.. mostly to suit the intentions of those that set the standards.. i rely on 'practical logic', as long as it works i accept it as valid.. if it stops working, or didn't work originally, i set it aside for future re-evaluation.. you never know how 'new evidence' will affect old opinions..

Formal logic is confined by its own limitations (formallity)..

Be well..

Formal logic is confined by its own limitations (formallity)..

Be well..

That was said well.

Peace & Love!

Come what may... and at this site anyone can expect anything from a-z or nothing at all. :lol:;)

For what purpose did you post this quote?

For what purpose did you post this quote?

For what purpose did you read this quote?

For what purpose did you read this quote?

It's a fairly simple question. What reason(s) did you have for posting this quote?

It's a fairly simple question. What reason(s) did you have for posting this quote?

What is your reason for asking?

Hehehe. You guys are funny.

“Logic is the art of going wrong with confidence”

Joseph Wood Krutch

Peace & Love!

"Fascinating", Commander Spock (or was that Data?)

B);)

Edited by 3bob

"Fascinating", Commander Spock (or was that Data?)

B);)

I couldn't find in what writing the quote was taken from. Joseph died in 1970 so it probably was not written for either Spock or Data to say.

Peace & Love!

Sign in to follow this