One line from the movie Pleasantville resonates with me. After learning important life lessons in from living in a real 'Father knows Best' TV dimension our hero comes back and has this advice; "Its not supposed to be any way".

Our problems are we think life and people are suppose to be X, but they are Y, and it really bothers us. Its not supposed to be any way. It is the way it is.

Roll with what is. Honesty, Love, Integrity, Self Interest - they're all balls we keep juggling. Sometimes we drop one and are too busy to realize its gone.

Sometimes you have to let all the balls go, sit back, take a deep breath, pick'em up and start the juggling process again.

Michael

Guest paul walter

Hello everyone.

This is my first real post here at tao bums, and as such i want to make it a useful one. I intend to address the problems and possible dangers of love (yes you heard me right) in spiritual practice. Let me explain:

I think there is a complete difference between a lived love that uses the emptiness of the mind/body and a philosophy that comes from the brain-this is all people are discussing. If you live through the body you are given then all these contradictions in daily life are answered-if you want an intellectual roadmap there is no end to how thoughts about topics will not stand still and will not integrate into the body/life. It's really too simple and serious to practice for most all people because you will have to say goodbye to every intellectual comfort you have, including confusion, which is incredibly seductive to us since it keeps us from committing to a truth we may know but are afraid of. I find after reading all the posts that it isn't a matter of discussing concepts of love/passion but of WHY there is a problem going on with concepts that 1:are inherited from culture 2: don't serve us in our lives, but make us confused. If these mind concepts (love,passion) we are constantly trying to recreate were hand held tools our work would end up inferior and shoddy and we'd get new ones or better still just discard them and wait to see what comes next. I have felt/seen/observed ideas and behaviours of love and passion all my life and see them as socially totally blind and destructive to the 'giver' and the wanter (who are always the same person).The only wy to answer any question honestly is to empty oneself and see where the problem comes from, to see if it exists in the first place,and to see if you want that problem anymore--unfortunately most egos do want their problems. I use the word see to work out problems not the word think. It's very important to understand this concept because I think(woops) that learning to observe is more important than making intellectual effort--intelligence is the already existing connection between things, we just have to be aware of the relations of things and we'll all be real brain boxes AND have our Rubics brains/egos placated. There's a lot of work/pain to confront in this and every person needs blessing on the journey but everyone can get there and find peace. Paul