Sign in to follow this  
effilang

A few questions

Hello Bottoms,

I've been having a hard time understanding a practical part of the Hui Nei Ching and Taoist Yoga: A&I

First of, which is the scholar and which is the warrior breath?

Is the warrior intentional RAB and the scholar intentional NAB?

Apparently you must cease both the warrior fire and wind and bathe the true seed that forms in the LDT after the MCO spawns the pill, but only in the scholar way, lest the seed immortal seed disperse and have to start again.

And what is the 36 positive and 24 negative cycles. How can you do this when the MCO is circular, what am i misunderstanding?

These seem to be important parts that concern the MCO and it's effects there of, and i want to make sure i understand the practicality of it. A lot of people may say, once you get there you will know. I don't believe that applies to every practice though, otherwise so many people would not have died and still get sick nowadays from improper methods.

Can anyone help clarify these?

Thanks.

Most martial artists use RAB, I guess a warrior falls in the martial arts side.

Scholars are after good health and not much concern with fighting, I guess NAB is their basic need.

You should learn the basic fundamental concepts about Chi Kung and try not to pay too much attention to those numerous confusing names that people came up with.

Edited by ChiDragon
  • Like 1

Hello Bottoms,

I've been having a hard time understanding a practical part of the Hui Nei Ching and Taoist Yoga: A&I

yes (edit - bellows, combine amplitudes - grow when it is time to grow fire, stop fire when time to stop. in my experience NAB is best for complete utter stillness, which is the best place to stop fire.)

Apparently you must cease both the warrior fire and wind and bathe the true seed that forms in the LDT after the MCO spawns the pill, but only in the scholar way, lest the seed immortal seed disperse and have to start again.

see the different kinds of fire reference in TY - "stopping the fire" is done when the mixture happens.

And what is the 36 positive and 24 negative cycles. How can you do this when the MCO is circular, what am i misunderstanding?

;)

These seem to be important parts that concern the MCO and it's effects there of, and i want to make sure i understand the practicality of it. A lot of people may say, once you get there you will know. I don't believe that applies to every practice though, otherwise so many people would not have died and still get sick nowadays from improper methods.

Can anyone help clarify these?

Thanks.

I figger once I finally complete breath protocol, on to 3dtMCO. It'll be nice to have a couple weeks off soon :) Extends from embryonic breathing in a way. Edited by joeblast

Effilang,

As you probably already know, it is much easier and safer to learn internal alchemy from a teacher. However, if you are using the TY book, you'll need to very carefully study it. If I recall correctly, Mr. Lu translated the two fires you mention as fast and slow. He has a glossary and a pretty good index, so that should help.

Good luck!

Sign in to follow this