dc9

hi i'm new, have a question about kundalini awakening and sahaja

if anyone is aware of sahaja yoga, it teaches you kundalini awakening as the beginning of the practice. I'm skeptical of this... is it really that easy to just say a couple chants and then my energy is awakened?

Not to discount what you were pointing out, anamatva. Not worth getting into a crazy cult, when there are so many other paths to take.

Haha one of the Sahaja centers is down the street from me. Apparently, it's free to take the class but I have yet to go in and discover what it is they teach. I should go undercover but not without a... tin foil hat.

• Like 1

it took me a second to figure out who you were turtle shell... :)

dc9, if you want shaktipat and you're in america, get it from mark griffin

http://www.hardlight.org

that looks even more scammy than sahaja... it costs money and just looks more shady.

i don't buy that sahaja is a cult. and if it is, my mind is more than strong enough to see past it.

no mark griffin is the real deal, thats why i recommended him specifically. Yes supporting some teachers costs money. Looks shady? ummmm whatever man youre not going to listen to me anyway you just want the easy path and theres no such thing

so you have no discipline and no desire to actually do the work on yourself but your mind is strong enough to see through cult programming. well fortunately i already said what i had to say thats helpful, so i can get back to what i was doing...

• Like 4

What I don't understand is why new practitioners are so eager to raise their Kundalini. A friend of mine told me about a woman who prematurely raised her Kundalini and suffered severe insomnia due to the crazy amount of energy that surged through her body afterwards. Apparently, the energy that the Kundalini can serve up is equivalent to 8 shots of expresso.

Therefore, raising your Kundalini can have harmful effects if not properly trained and nurtured. Why not learn to meditate properly first? Get to a point where you're in-between being asleep and awake, then worry about things like raising your Kundalini.

Rome wasn't built in a day and neither will your Chi/Energy.

• Like 1