Cheshire Cat

Why did Gaudiya Matha (Hare Krishna) failed?

Because they are too rigid in their adherence to doctrine (which they interpret similar to how mullahs interpret their theology).

• Like 1

You know something is wrong when you see white guy dressed like a Brahmin and officiating in a Hare Krishna temple.

:D

Because they are too rigid in their adherence to doctrine (which they interpret similar to how mullahs interpret their theology).

Yes, this is a fact.

But I don't think that this is the cause of failure. Otherwise, this movement should be very little and marginal since the beginning.

This movement experienced a dramatic expansion during Prabhupada's day... and great failure after his death.

I believe that the strength of this movement was the presence of a legitimate spiritual master or Acarya.

Today, ISKCON gurus are appointed in a way that is inappropriate since Prabhupada never left a successor nor selected any gurus in the movement.

You know something is wrong when you see white guy dressed like a Brahmin and officiating in a Hare Krishna temple.

I've seen a white priest in the Hanuman Temple at Mount Madonna with utmost devotion and sincerity, with perfect sanskrit diction.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baba_Hari_Dass

If you get a chance, go sit in his presence. It is amazing.