Sign in to follow this  
eye_of_the_storm

Animal Flesh and the Fall of Man.

When I say "fall from grace"

I am thinking about the Taoist Immortal... that humanity was like this in the beginning.

and now we are we... and trying to get to that? to THAT you know?

Ah! But beware of children stories. They will cause you to believe things that really don't and never have existed. I believed in the Easter Bunny for many, many years. The Tooth Fairy too.

In the pic it looks like the same dragon that calls him onward is already quiet beneath his feet.

Aye! do you mark him mateys ? It is the White Whale !

When I say "fall from grace"

I am thinking about the Taoist Immortal... that humanity was like this in the beginning.

and now we are we... and trying to get to that? to THAT you know?

When you say "Taoist Immortal"

I'm thinking that no daoist source speaks of humanity made of immortals.

Instead, to abandon society and cultivate the Way imply that "humanity" has definitely a very very marginal role in this affair...

Edited by DAO rain TAO

How many real historians are out there, what percentage?

22,865, another 6 comes on line next Tuesday. They make up 2.973723001% of the mass conglomerate. Read a few, they're a good antidote to the fringe conspiracy theorists, because by nature they have to study the whole issue in context not sensationalize a bias they already have.

Really there are many many serious historians, its a frickin college major and doctorate, needing serious study and students can't get by quoting the status quo. It's all about serious research. Unfortunately there are popular outlets like the History Channel which produces (generally) the worst tabloid junk programming possible.

We tend to romanticize 'ye olde' tymes. Supposing in the beginning it must have been great. Not necessarily.

There may have been peaceful altruistic utopian civilizations, but get too lovey dovey and your more aggressive neighbors or new comers will wipe you out- kill or enslave you. Sometimes destruction comes from a bad ambitious seed from within.

Sad but true.

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 1

We tend to romanticize 'ye olde' tymes. Supposing in the beginning it must have been great. Not necessarily.

There may have been peaceful altruistic utopian civilizations, but get too lovey dovey and your more aggressive neighbors or new comers will wipe you out- kill or enslave you. Sometimes destruction comes from a bad ambitious seed from within.

Sad but true.

Hence the utmost necessity for Martial Arts.

22,865, another 6 comes on line next Tuesday. They make up 2.973723001% of the mass conglomerate. Read a few, they're a good antidote to the fringe conspiracy theorists, because by nature they have to study the whole issue in context not sensationalize a bias they already have.

Really there are many many serious historians, its a frickin college major and doctorate, needing serious study and students can't get by quoting the status quo. It's all about serious research. Unfortunately there are popular outlets like the History Channel which produces (generally) the worst tabloid junk programming possible.

I was at university for 5 years... it's a joke.

In the pic it looks like the same dragon that calls him onward is already quiet beneath his feet.

Aye! do you mark him mateys ? It is the White Whale !

In this picture it appears he has conquered the dragon.

I have seen other pictures of Immortals riding dragons... I guess a symbol of conquering the dragon also.

I guess slaying the dragon could also been seen as such.

But I don't really know.

Edited by White Wolf Running On Air

Ah! But beware of children stories. They will cause you to believe things that really don't and never have existed. I believed in the Easter Bunny for many, many years. The Tooth Fairy too.

I don't think they are childish stories.

You know many peoples / native cultures believe they are descended from gods.

In the Japanese Shinto tradition for example... every Japanese person humble or high is descended from their Gods.

I think I was reading of this fellow

Hirata Atsutane (平田 篤胤?, 6 October 1776 – 2 November 1843) was a Japanese scholar, conventionally ranked as one of the four great men of kokugaku (nativist) studies, and one of the most significant theologians of the Shintō religion. His literary name was Ibukinoya.

Life and thought

Hirata was born to a low-ranking samurai family of Akita domain (in present-day Akita Prefecture) in the Tōhoku region of northern Japan. His father was named Ōwada Yoshitane, and Hirata was adopted by Matsuyama retainer Hirata Tōbei, from whom he received the family name of Hirata in 1800. Little is known of his early life, but Hirata was a student of the Neo-Confucianism of Yamazaki Ansai (1619–1682) in Edo. He later turned towards Daoism as found in the works of the Chinese philosopher Zhuangzi, and towards Shintō as per the works of Motoori Norinaga, founder of the kokugaku movement.

Though he is traditionally ranked fourth in the lineage of kokugaku scholars, Hirata actually represents a break with the purely scholarly urban culture characteristic of the revival of classical nativist learning, and represents a trend toward a populist message. Hirata laid particular emphasis on reaching the average man, and adapted his own style to them by employing at times the vernacular idiom.

Hirata claimed later to have received the mantle of kokugaku teacher in a dream directly from Motoori Norinaga, but the story is apocryphal. Hirata's interest in kokugaku postdates Motoori's own death.

Hirata was a prolific writer. Representative works in the study of ancient Japanese traditions include Tama no mihashira (The True Pillar of Spirit), Koshi seibun (Treatise on Ancient History), Kodō taii (True Meaning of the Ancient Way) and Zoku Shintō taii (True Meaning of Common Shintō), and the commentaries Koshi-chō and Koshi-den. He is also noted for his studies of ancient Indian and Chinese tradition (Indo zōshi and Morokoshi taikoden), and texts dealing with the spirit world, including Senkyō ibun (Strange Tales of the Land of Immortals) and Katsugorō saisei kibun (Chronicle of the Rebirth of Katsugorō).

This is the same as Celtic + Norse... the Gods/Goddesses are their family.

All having wonderful "mythologies" and stories of myriad creatures/beings... it seems our ancestors were very in-tune /awake / aware.

I think long ago the earth was more etheric / less dense... higher frequency... and gradually it became "heavier" ... perhaps with all the accumulated suffering, no reconciliation / mending of wounds etc... imagine the thought patterns of the globe/humanity today.... I wonder any similarity to the thick heavy pollution in some cities.... you notice/feel the energetic difference between a city and a forest?

We can see this at an individual level... compare depression and elation /

I am sure all here have experienced both? and understand the qualities...

Depression is heavy yeh?

Elation you feel like you could do anything! even fly = light vibration

As time goes on generation after generation people seem to forget more and more who they are... a great forgetting.

And we here are now trying to remember?

I was at university for 5 years... it's a joke.

:D but atleast you get to hear people lecture who are idolized by many. To hear them say things you would never expect a "scientist" say is... well... eye opening.

madanyang2.jpg

Unless the author clarified it for us ,, it will be speculative but I like to do that

Did you notice the similarity of his tassels and beard to the horns and fringe of the dragon?

If he defeated the dragon beneath his feet , and looks to the next dragon in the sky

he is still drawn onward eternally (as his posture reflects)

if he defeated the dragon which was above and now stands on it then he has become a dragon himself I suppose it also makes sense but his goal is in limbo.

If he was drawn to the divine , though the divine was beneath his feet, he therefore becomes his own divine-dragon, by chasing a dream of the divine

I guess we could use input on the traditional significance of the stuff in his hands, it looks like a coin and a thing of incense.

power and humility the tools to his hearts desire?

Imo the image is done wonderfully , and such like it are the possible content of many enwisening threads

a blend of the intuitive and the derivative

Edited by Stosh
  • Like 1

expectations suck!

Yes but having your eyes opened rules. :D

• Like 1

expectations can create drive. drive can lead you down paths. paths can open up eyes, but you cannot expect to "already be" on the right path without question. expectations cannot be helpful ever. in the event that expectations are fulfilled, dont get caught up with your expectations themselves, they dont exist and had nothing to do with being fulfilled.

It's easy to get caught up in expectation and then be left wildly disappointed, and sometimes wondrously surprised... but it's hard to be shocked by anything when you've Zer0 expectations.

Expectations do more to create boundaries, traps, and entanglements.

With zero expectation, a TASER to the belly won't be enough to give surprise or disappoint; it will simply be experienced.

Edited by Northern Avid Judo Ant
  • Like 1

What are you thoughts regarding the prison?

i think that idea was awesome! the only reason it was shut down is prisons dont make money without ppl in them. alot of ppl dont know but jails and prisions make $75.00 or more a day for every inmate in them. the more violent the criminal the more money they are worth. so lets do the math 75x1000= 75000 per day for keeping prisioners. programs that work are ususally put to the wayside! but the conspiracy goes deeper. if they already know that eating the FDA prision diet will keep the same behaviors going and a vegan diet will not, and that ppl teach what they know and that when inmates get out they will perpetuate chaos or goodness. it would seem as though they would rather chaos.

• Like 2

Yep slave labour... the government is totally invested in chaos + oppression of humanity.

+ Oppression of the natural world and animal kingdom... it all ties in.

Create as much suffering + terror, pain, sorrow and confusion as possible... keep the Earth in a low vibratory state so they can keep harvesting the negative energy.

Its a fine balance...

“A really efficient totalitarian state would be one in which the all-powerful executive of political bosses and their army of managers control a population of slaves who do not have to be coerced, because they love their servitude.”
Aldous Huxley, Brave New World

What are we here for?

To lift up the world?

Time to break the spell I think :D

• Like 2

from my own experiences coming from being raised on a farm and eating meat, to being vegan. there is no comparison health wise. and conturary to popular belief humans do not need meat to survive, this is backed up by loads of research. there is a documentary called forks over knives. and i felt like the doctor in the video when faced with the insurmountable evidence that eating meat is not good for your health. and im not saying this from any point of view other than research and experience. oh when i ate meat i loved it but the more i ate veggies i lost my tolerance for the taste of meat, i just really couldnt eat it. so i just stuck with veggies. the added benifits i experienced was increased satamina, endurance, strength, healing, recuperation, old injuries healed, the most interesting thing happened when i started the vegan diet at 19yrs old, my big toe on my right foot had been crooked slightly for as long as i can remember and i had seen others with this same malformity if you will. during the begining of my vegan diet at about month 3 that toe straightened up. and a sparing injury on my left leg fixed itself as well. i was shocked. a couple weeks later i lost my job and had to move back in with my parents. after being there with them for about 3 weeks eating a (normal) diet consisting of meat and other cooked foods, i could feel my energy going away, and my big toe went back to its original position! i then determined that it was due to diet that my foot was the way it was. and i never noticed it till i tried something new. from then i wondered what else could be wrong in my body that i have no clue about. and what of other ppl, what issues could they have that could be healed due to changing their diet.

• Like 2

Alright I finally decided to poke my nose in this thread mainly for some advice. I have tried going meatless a few times in my life and what ends up happening is that I get really weak and tired. If this didn't happen to me I'd be much more inclined to be meatless so my question is does anyone have some good dietary advice about how to go meatless and still get enough protein so they are not weak and tired all the time?

*though as far as vegetarianism leading to world peace, Adolf Hitler was a vegetarian. :glare:

Edited by dmattwads

Alright I finally decided to poke my nose in this thread mainly for some advice. I have tried going meatless a few times in my life and what ends up happening is that I get really weak and tired. If this didn't happen to me I'd be much more inclined to be meatless so my question is does anyone have some good dietary advice about how to go meatless and still get enough protein so they are not weak and tired all the time?

*though as far as vegetarianism leading to world peace, Adolf Hitler was a vegetarian. :glare:

You need 3 things.

a. Grain protein

b. Legume protein (beans or peas, peanuts count)

c. Vitamin B-12

Oh, to edit, I think if you do lacto-vegetarian, then you don't need legume protein, but I could be wrong.

Edited by SantaRosaGuy

You need 3 things.

a. Grain protein

b. Legume protein (beans or peas, peanuts count)

c. Vitamin B-12

Oh, to edit, I think if you do lacto-vegetarian, then you don't need legume protein, but I could be wrong.

Thanks, may I ask what is a good source of each?

Thanks, may I ask what is a good source of each?

If you look at the traditional diet of any long-term culture, it typically has a pairing of grain-legume.

When I was a vegan, I looked to Japan, and the macrobiotic diet, so for that, it's rice and soybeans (tofu). They use Miso for the B-12.

I'm not sure how other cultures how they got B-12. I wasn't very interested at the time.

Sign in to follow this