eye_of_the_storm

White Slavery

Canadian here, but was East European, there were lots of the news stories and cautious documentaries on TV about sex trafficking. The traffickers would say there's a job in another country somewhere then ship the people there and take away their passports until they do the "work". There's also a reversal Russian bride things, all these brides basically being told that there's a rich American somewhere but then get sold out.

CRAAAAAAAAZY STUFF

Makes me furious...

Media in the west is silent about it mostly.

I concur. Human trafficking is still going on today even in US and Canada, mostly victims are people from other countries. Lots in the news here about the three American girls who were abducted and enslaved in Cleveland- which is newsworthy and people want to hear about them, just wish media and maybe people in general would find it noteworthy when foreign people are freed too.

http://www.humantrafficking.org/countries/united_states_of_america

Edited by zanshin
  • Like 2

The distribution of child slave labor is one of the main problems of the modern world. According to the International Labor Organization, to date, more than 250 million children are illegally exploited in various industries, whereas child slavery comes third after arms and drugs trafficking in terms of profit.

http://english.pravda.ru/society/stories/10-12-2012/123109-child_slavery-0/

This is why undiscriminating compassion is important. People try to be slick by saying their suffering is worse and then they try to be even more slick by stating that such a horrible event has long past and is of no importance. My friends were talking about how black slavery doesn't affect black people even more, even though that was about more than 100 years ago. Jim Crow didn't finish till around the 1960s.

not to mention the U.S. has the highest prison rate in the world and over 50% of prisoners are for non-violent crime mainly smoking pot - and this targets the poor nonwhite communities, so then they are forced to do slave labor in prisons.

1. Slavery and Prison - Understanding the Connections
    www.historyisaweapon.com/defcon1/gilmoreprisonslavery.html‎
    His statement resounds with a long tradition of prisoners, particularly African-American prisoners, who have used the language and narrative of slavery to ...
  2. The Pentagon and Slave Labor in U.S. Prisons | Global Research
    www.globalresearch.ca/the-pentagon-and-slave-labor...prisons/25376‎
    Feb 4, 2013 – Prisoners earning 23 cents an hour in U.S. federal prisons are manufacturing high-tech electronic components for Patriot Advanced Capability ...
  3. The Prison Industry in the United States: Big Business or a New ...
    www.globalresearch.ca/the-prison...in...united-states...slavery/8289‎
    Jan 31, 2013 – Human rights organizations, as well as political and social ones, are condemning what they are calling a new form of inhumane exploitation in ...
  4. The Pentagon & slave labor in U.S. prisons - Workers World
    www.workers.org/2011/us/pentagon_0609/‎
    Jun 6, 2011 – Prisoners earning 23 cents an hour in U.S. federal prisons are manufacturing high-tech electronic components for Patriot Advanced Capability ...
  5. America's New Slavery: Black Men in Prison - The Final Call
    www.finalcall.com/.../America_s_New_Slavery_Black_Men_in_Prison_...‎
    Mar 20, 2008 – (FinalCall.com) - A new American slave trade is booming, warn prison activists, following the release of a report that again outlines outrageous ...
  6. 21st-Century Slaves: How Corporations Exploit Prison Labor | Alternet
    www.alternet.org/.../21st-century_slaves%3A_how_corporations_exploit...‎
    Jul 21, 2011 – They are the 2.3 million American prisoners locked behind bars where we cannot see or hear them. And they are modern-day slaves of the 21st ...
  • Like 2

Yeh MJ needs to be legalized ASAP...

Complete nonsense that it is "law" in the first place...

Edited by White Wolf Running On Air
  • Like 1

We've never had democracy... its a front

In ancient Athens, historians say that there were four slaves for each citizen.

Today, in our democracy it's the same: the slight difference is that we don't like to see our slaves all day long... so, they live in very poor foreign countries, working for us and living a miserable life.

Edited by DAO rain TAO
  • Like 3

In ancient Athens, historians say that there were four slaves for each citizen.

Today, in our democracy it's the same: the slight difference is that we don't like to see our slaves all day long... so, they live in very poor foreign countries, working for us and living a miserable life.

Once upon a time I had been a seminary student. Well fast forward a few years and when my mom found out that I was no longer a Christian aside from having a panic induced cow, she asked me to tell her what was wrong with the bible. Since I didn't want to give a week long exhortation I used as an example that far from condemning slavery that the bible actually regulated it. When my mom tried to tell me that no "real" Christians ever thought slavery was ok I mentioned that in the pre-civil war south as the issue was heating up ministers would make entire sermons to proclaim how and why slavery was biblical. They didn't just pull opinions our of their arse, they used scriptural arguments from the bible, and they had loads of them. Oh I don't want to "religion bash" but man I want my spiritual guide book to be more enlightened than me, not less lol.

• Like 2

Is the slavery stuff OT or NT?

Wasn't the New Covenant suppose to nullify the Old?

The Old T... becoming obsolete, and more just for historical reference? for Christians anyway

Judaism never accepted the New Covenant.

The new covenant is spoken about first in the book of Jeremiah. The old covenant that God had established with His people required obedience to the Old Testament Mosaic law. Because the wages of sin is death (Romans 6:23), the law required that people perform rituals and sacrifices in order to please God and remain in His grace. The prophet Jeremiah predicted that there would be a time when God would make a new covenant with the nation of Israel.

Edited by White Wolf Running On Air

Is the slavery stuff OT or NT?

Wasn't the New Covenant suppose to nullify the Old?

The Old T... becoming obsolete, and more just for historical reference? for Christians anyway

Judaism never accepted the New Covenant.

It's in both.