Marblehead

As The Years Go By

While outside doing the finish work of removing a project that I just couldn't get functional I realized that I have become very efficient at fucking something up. I think I can brag on that without sounding at all egotistical. Experience will take one a long way. It will more often show one just how little one is capable of doing very well.

But I have no fear. I'm now ready to make my next mistake.

(But we should remember our failures as well as our successes. At least we won't have to keep making the same mistakes over and over again.)

• Like 2

It will be properly fun when you start realising your cognitive mistakes.

Yee ha!

Oh!, I'm perfect there. Mistakes have all been made and corrected.

As the years go by..

..I think I've changed, but truthfully, not by much.

..I move this way and that, but return to where I was.

Caught in a web of comfort.

(But we should remember our failures as well as our successes. At least we won't have to keep making the same mistakes over and over again.)

We really don't have to remember our failures as others will do that for us :)

• Like 3

We really don't have to remember our failures as others will do that for us :)

Hehehe. I know about that too from when I was married.

• Like 1

As the years go by..

..I think I've changed, but truthfully, not by much.

..I move this way and that, but return to where I was.

Caught in a web of comfort.

Yeah, it really is hard to change our "true" nature. Once we have accepted who and what we are there isn't much left to do except live.

Yeah, it really is hard to change our "true" nature. Once we have accepted who and what we are there isn't much left to do except live.

What about accepting everything we arent? thats to say , everything else, and, how that all is.

I have that first part down,, I think ,

its just that other part that has me vexed.

What about accepting everything we arent? thats to say , everything else, and, how that all is.

I have that first part down,, I think ,

its just that other part that has me vexed.

Indeed. We need accept too what we are not. I am not the president of the US. I am not many things. And too, sometimes I think I can something once and it is done correctly and as imagined. Hehehe. Fat chance of that happening.

And we are not what others want us to be - we are what we are, that is all.

Sure, it's nice to imagine that we are more than or better than we really are. But we need keep in mind that htis is just imagination. The ego at work.

Gotcha! here's a mistake for you to enjoy!

Hehehe. I'm never going to be perfect. Don't even want to be. Sometimes we cause others to laugh when we make our mistakes. Laughing is good, even if it is at our expense.

But I am glad that I can make a mistake and then later laugh at what I did. We shouldn't get all too serious about ourself. Afterall, we are but one of 7 billion people on the planet.

Indeed. We need accept too what we are not. I am not the president of the US. I am not many things. And too, sometimes I think I can something once and it is done correctly and as imagined. Hehehe. Fat chance of that happening.

And we are not what others want us to be - we are what we are, that is all.

Sure, it's nice to imagine that we are more than or better than we really are. But we need keep in mind that htis is just imagination. The ego at work.

Agreed , but I guess I explained myself poorly

I was getting at 'existential life position'

I dont know whether its a popular consideration , that you're already familiar with..

but I found it interesting long ago, and only thought of it again ,

just now, when I read that post you wrote.

The idea is that folks develop a life script for themselves as kids

its the basic paradigm one expects in relationships ( to people and the world )

they go like this ,

Im Ok youre not ... Im Ok and youre Ok ...Im ok and Im not sure about you ..Im Not Ok and youre Ok .. etc

Get it ? Its akin to optimism and pessimism I guess.

Personally ,,I figure the way the things are actually manifest

is more individually specific than written above.

( but those are categories which encompass the spectrum)

I havent decided about my own existential position yet

( meaning I havent figured out what it is already exactly)

and I want to read up on interpreting what others positions are.

( and get a handle on what is meant by Ok-ness)

I think is applied in sociology , but I was wondering how it plays

as a factor in eastern and western style belief systems.

Edited by Stosh

Agreed , but I guess I explained myself poorly

I was getting at 'existential life position'

You did fine. I just didn't want to go there. I have more fun talking about me.

• Like 1

You did fine. I just didn't want to go there. I have more fun talking about me.
I would have discussed your existential stance but didn't want to go there in case it was private.

I would have discussed your existential stance but didn't want to go there in case it was private.

Hehehe. Actually, it is non-existent. The closest I come to that is Albert Camus. Nietzsche doesn't even come close so we can't consider him.

But the years went by and left Nietzsche and Camus in the dust.

I was talking about a different existential thng Nevermind

I'm glad we have no idea what we are talking about. Makes me feel normal.

You are, Im not

I erroneously thought I did know what I was talking about

Thanks for the reminder , I sometimes require help to re-find my humility

THE EXISTENTIAL POSITION. In the process of developing an identity people define for themselves, early in life, what the meaning of their life or existence is. Some people decide they are OK and are going to have a good life; but many others decide they are not OK and will fail in some way. That expectation based on a decision of how life will be is their existential position. People can feel OK or not OK about themselves and others so that there are four main existential positions: “I'm OK, you're OK,” “I'm OK you're not OK,” “I'm not OK you're OK” and finally, “I'm not OK you're not OK.”

For instance in the game of “Why Don’t You; Yes But” Jane’s existential position is that “nothing ever works out” so that every time the game is played it reinforces that position and justifies further depression.

Games are always played with responsibility and interest by everyone involved in them. In order to maintain her existential position Jane will find people who will play the game with her. All the players’ parts in the game are equally important and they all derive a pay-off from it as well. When they participate in the game they too believe it will end in failure. They want strokes as well but are not surprised when Jane rejects all advice and everyone is depressed or angry as a consequence proving that you can’t really help people or that people don’t want to be helped and justifying their bad feelings as a consequenc

That's a modernization of Sartre's philosophy. I never could read any of his works. I always put them back down to gather more dust.

But yeah, I remember back in what?, late sixties?, the "I'm okay, you're okay." stuff. I never paid any attention to it back then because I already knew I was okay. (So, sure, I was delusional but that doesn't really matter, does it?)

That's a modernization of Sartre's philosophy. I never could read any of his works. I always put them back down to gather more dust.

But yeah, I remember back in what?, late sixties?, the "I'm okay, you're okay." stuff. I never paid any attention to it back then because I already knew I was okay. (So, sure, I was delusional but that doesn't really matter, does it?)

Apparently folks can get away with being delusional :) ,

so either way it works out to have been , Youre fine.

I once asked several people this question,

What climate or weather condition would you say most matches your personality?

Every person said 'A sunny day', and maybe they feel they are, maybe they dont, but

would rather not say otherwise.

It could be just like you seem to have said , a re-work of time worn blather , not worthy of notice.

and agree that it can be way oversimplified

"Hey fred , You Ok?"

"Yep."

"Am I Ok?"

"Yep ."

"Glad we got that all handled."

:)