Sign in to follow this  
ssmith7

The feel of Internal Power (Jin)

True, but I was referring to a more psycho/emotional aspect of it.

Yes, I would consider that as the will of the spirit which manipulate the physical body. However, whatever that is only in the mind, it may or may not happen as the emotion wants the body to be. One can focus on any part of the body as a wishful thinking. For example, let's say the liver is dysfunctional, one would think by focusing on it during meditation would restore the liver back to normalcy. However, to my understanding, any damaged part in the body will go through a self-healing process. Regardless, it was focused upon it or not.

Jin is manifested energy, we see the effect. Strike to solar plexus straight causes the feeling of nausea, strike downward causes loss of air, cant breath,strike up effects the heart can be fatal. This is not the friendly wave jin power that goes thru the body but jin power that stays inside the body. Rubbing jin for some locations, filing jin like filing the tendons on the back of the neck can cause loss of consciousness.There are many kinds of jins, spiral jin cause opponent to spiral and so on. Many locations with a simple palm strike or fist is too large of an area to have any effect, this is why there are so many hand forms depending on location and the effect it is going to have on the body.

Internal awareness in one's own body is feeling, feeling is communication of body and mind. E=motion (energy in motion) causes a response in the body,these energies we are most familiar with. Thats why the emotions are called thieves. Once we have a feeling of energy and can lead it with our mind using intention is a very powerful practice for health and awareness.

Sign in to follow this