Sign in to follow this  
skydog

Power animals (shamanism)

I used to think this was some new age nonsense

But these days I get visions of animals and really feel like them, different ones at different times.

One can practice aligning with the energy of different animals by imitating them or I guess thinking of them.

Kind of like angels I guess..animal spirits

Native american medicine talks about eagle medicine, bear medicine etc

• Like 1

Yea. I tend to identify with certain animals at times. In my opinion, they are symbolic and represent certain facets of one's own self and can help one realize something about themselves. At the end of the day, we are all one, so no one is more animal, human, or God than they think they are.

You may see spirit animal or totems in your dreams as well the spirit animals of others when meditating. I've once seen a witch morph from a weasel into her human form when I was dealing with influential magick. I almost killed the weasel and so she transfigured back into her self apparently, since I was not seeking to be influenced. But all spirit animals hold a certain value and trait that can teach one a lot.

My ex-wife is from Siberia where there is a lot of Shamanism. She is a super devout Christian so when she tells this story its in a negative context but interesting nevertheless. So she was telling me once upon a time in Siberia that she knew of and/or saw this one native Siberian Shaman woman turn into an animal of some sort, and then her brother who was also there confirmed that he saw it too. Pretty weird stuff, but as Siberia is so vast there are large portions of it that not too much westernization has affected the local natives.

Apparently their cousins on our side of the Bering Straight in Alaska have similar stories of such happenings, that I heard of when I lived there.

Edited by dmattwads
  • Like 3

My ex-wife is from Siberia where there is a lot of Shamanism. She is a super devout Christian so when she tells this story its in a negative context but interesting nevertheless. So she was telling me once upon a time in Siberia that she knew of and/or saw this one native Siberian Shaman woman turn into an animal of some sort, and then her brother who was also there confirmed that he saw it too. Pretty weird stuff, but as Siberia is so vast there are large portions of it that not too much westernization has affected the local natives.

Apparently their cousins on our side of the Bering Straight in Alaska have similar stories of such happenings, that I heard of when I lived there.

Yep. The supernatural/spiritual side of things can be very interesting and reality twisting. It just goes to show that one can live and create their own world if they humbly chose to.

Power animals are real and compassionate spirits that volunteer to help individuals. They can give you energy towards certain qualities that you have yourself... the power animal you have will symbolise those qualities you already have..

The main practice with them for someone who isn't able to journey shamanically is to welcome them and allow them to move you to drumming sound.. you can do this for 5 mins or much much longer.. you will notice a big change during and afterwards.

It's best to see a shamanic practitioner or shaman to see if you have one already or for them to do a retrieval and see which power animal volunteers to help you.. or you can do a power animal journey to find one yourself, but be careful, you should be trained in journeying to do this..

Peace

Sign in to follow this