4bsolute

How does one generally apply the tongue to upper palet-technique, if the palet is naturally too small for the tongue? (picture)

Dear ones,

I was born with a natural constriction in my upper arch in it's width. That means my tongue does not fit with it's natural size (width) into the palatal deepening we call upper or hard palate. For doing this, it has to fold at least to the half of it's width, crumble or I have to suck it up, so the middle part descends like here in this picture

tonguec.jpg

1b is how I do it. Altho the gap in the upper reagion of the tongue showing a white void is drawn too extremely. Due to the softness of the tongue it gets all the way up almost like in 2b. But I can assure you that it definitelly does not touch the rear part of my gums, where we have the uvula. If this would be incorrect, I'm only able to do 1a, since there is not enough width in my upper jaw for a "perfect" 2a.

How can one do this effectively like shown in my case? Is there generally a big difference in the flow of energy, connecting the upper region with the lower by only putting ones 3/5th of the tongue (the part which is obviously located in the mouth, since the tongue itself reaches even further down into our throat)... a bit more then only the tip of the tongue on the area right behind the upper teeth?

Unfortunatelly I have no technical term for this region. I'm sure you know where I mean.

Any advice, please?

Kind regards

Edited by 4bsolute

Use your pinky finger to push back your tongue, and go for full kechari mudra.

Edited by alwayson
  • Like 1

Use your pinky finger to push back your tongue, and go for full kechari mudra.

I know I set the rules of my life ("programming") and as much as I would, I am still a lay person regards spirituality. Okay then, here we will practice this mudra over the next weeks. It's on my to-do-list anyway, so why not now - good suggestion.

Edited by 4bsolute

Normal is the tip of the tongue slightly behind the teeth.