MooNiNite

Why OM? How was OM discovered?

ohm is the sound spontaneously heard from the heart as jing is converted to chi energy when the 2nd chakra opens up as Master Nan, Huai-chin states.

I had this happened to me while doing plant-based DMT....

there is more secrets to this - I have a book on sonofusion - over 725 scholarly foot notes....

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&ved=0CDcQFjAC&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.gearslutz.com%2Fboard%2Fattachments%2Fmoan-zone%2F279031d1330198691-retune-your-music-444-old-tuning-standard-alchemy-rainbow-heart-music.pdf&ei=S5kGUo7tBuTS2gXzmIGIAQ&usg=AFQjCNGbDSpdAc3mm2O1QiDusQagbwRlhQ&sig2=K0Xd3BOLe6XHKWo4UP9n7g&bvm=bv.50500085,d.b2I

pdf download link

the update summary is my blogpost on quantum noncommutative resonance....

http://fulllotusqigong.blogspot.com/2012/11/non-commutative-resonance-quantum.html

Edited by pythagoreanfulllotus
  • Like 1

ohm is the sound spontaneously heard from the heart as jing is converted to chi energy when the 2nd chakra opens up as Master Nan, Huai-chin states.

I had this happened to me while doing plant-based DMT....

there is more secrets to this - I have a book on sonofusion - over 725 scholarly foot notes....

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&ved=0CDcQFjAC&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.gearslutz.com%2Fboard%2Fattachments%2Fmoan-zone%2F279031d1330198691-retune-your-music-444-old-tuning-standard-alchemy-rainbow-heart-music.pdf&ei=S5kGUo7tBuTS2gXzmIGIAQ&usg=AFQjCNGbDSpdAc3mm2O1QiDusQagbwRlhQ&sig2=K0Xd3BOLe6XHKWo4UP9n7g&bvm=bv.50500085,d.b2I

pdf download link

the update summary is my blogpost on quantum noncommutative resonance....

http://fulllotusqigong.blogspot.com/2012/11/non-commutative-resonance-quantum.html

Also, if you listen to some NASA videos, the sound of the universe makes this hum

So OHM also refers to the 4 states of awareness - waking, dreaming, dreamless sleep - OHM. Then fourth state is Turiya - beyond dreamless sleep - awareness of the other three states - the secret source of OHM heard through silence - Mouna samadhi....

eternal listening to the source of sound.

So the OHM signal is also the same as the Tai Chi symbol - the perfect fourth and perfect fifth music intervals as yin and yang energy creating eternal energy transformation....also the Pythagorean Tetrad symbol.

Edited by pythagoreanfulllotus

Here's how it happened:

A hindu met a taoist and asked him what system he follows.

"I follow the tao," was the response.

"What is tao?" the hindu asked.

"Um.." the taoist hemmed, looking for a good way to put it, which as you all know is not easy.

"Got it," the hindu said, and repeated, with his own Indian accent, "uum... uhum... ahum... ohum... ohom... ohommmm... ommm... I like it," he concluded, "tao is om. Let's go have a drink and celebrate."

• Like 6

Om is also called the Pranava.

Etymology of Pranava is "Pra" + "Ana" + "Va" - it means "that which one experiences, one speaks out instead".

Thereby, Om is the sound that one hears/speaks out as one experiences the Ultimate Consciousness. So, it bodes to logic that when one has not yet experienced the Ultimate Consicousness (Brahman), one can immerse oneself in the sound till only the sound exists, and thereby experience Brahman.

A great discussion by Bhadraiah Malampalli is here --

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/VedicRitual/message/733

The Nada-Bindu Upanishad describes "Om" as a bird. It's Right wing the syllable "A", the left wing the syllable "U" and it's body the syllable "M". The head is the half-metre (ardha matra).

A discussion on Ardha matra (or half-metre) is here:

http://www.themeditationcenter.org/jnana/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=129

• Like 3

Om is a primordial sound heard by yogis

I'm not a yogi yet, but I guess I can follow that... since I can hear exactly that...

I came in thinking "its the deepest sound you can make and would resonate with your whole being, shaking your roots" but what you said is probably better. :lol:

The most resounding "Omkar" I heard was during a Taoist circle meditation that my teacher guided us through. There were 4 women and four men in the circle and we meditated for a good 45 minutes or so, standing.

The Omkar I heard was so loud it drowned everything else, including my thoughts. It was a very low frequency rumble, resonating and rising and falling in a sinusoid. When it first started, I thought it was the rumble of an industrial grade fan (albeit very melodic). I realized that there were no industrial grade fans in the area where we were meditating.

• Like 3

You hear Om?

might "just be" my tinnitus... but half of it I can "control" and "listen to music" whenever I damn well please :lol: and the other half is a constant droning hum/om/tone which sometimes fluccuates and often times includes a long reverberation of an infinitesimally distant "piiinnnnnnnnnnnn-------g" which can last anywhere from a few seconds to whole minutes. but the hum is eternal.

edit: added 'which'

Edited by Northern Avid Judo Ant
  • Like 1

these melodies etc that NAJA

might "just be" my tinnitus... but half of it I can "control" and "listen to music" whenever I damn well please :lol: and the other half is a constant droning hum/om/tone which sometimes fluccuates and often times includes a long reverberation of an infinitesimally distant "piiinnnnnnnnnnnn-------g" which can last anywhere from a few seconds to whole minutes. but the hum is eternal.

edit: added 'which'

These sounds/melodies you can hear are called "Anahata" sounds and are unsounded sounds, internal sounds.

About a decade back, when I used to meditate several hours a day, I would hear the sounds too.

Usually used to follow a particular sequence of pranayam exercises --

Bhastrika (Bellows breath)

Kapalabhati (skull shining)

Brhramari (Bee breath).

The sounds would arise a few minutes after I finished the cycles. I would hear bells, flutes, chants, etc. These are documented as anahata sounds and are said to arise from the heart chakra (anahata chakra).

• Like 4

Years ago (before taoism) I used to experiment with a whole bunch of yogic sound effects. I remember a few exercises:

chanting om while closing your ears with your palms, directing the sound to the left hemisphere, to the right, to the center, up, down, etc. Then the same but without opening your mouth -- through the nose. Then, like all things yogic, it would get more and more complicated. You chant om in your left hemisphere but let a dog bark in your right. You chant om in your right but turn a thunderstorm on in your left. And so on. The point was... well, I don't remember anymore what the point was, but it was fun. :)

• Like 2

Just as a child is lulled to sleep by lullabies, so nada soothes one to the state of samadhi; again just as a king sends his state musicians to welcome his son on his return from a long journey, so also nada takes the devotee into the Lord's Abode in a pleasing manner. Nada helps concentration. After it is felt the practice should not be made an end in itself. Nada is not the objective; the subject should be

firmly held; otherwise a blank will result. Though the subject is there even in the blank he would not be aware of the cessation of nada of different kinds. In order to be aware even in that blank one must remember his own self. Nada upasana (Meditation on sound) is good; it is better if associated with investigation (vichara).

Ramana Maharshi, “Talk 148, January 27th, 1936,” Talks with Ramana Marashi: On Realizing Abiding Peace

and Happiness (Inner Directions; 2nd edition, August 1, 2000).

• Like 1

Years ago (before taoism) I used to experiment with a whole bunch of yogic sound effects. I remember a few exercises:

chanting om while closing your ears with your palms, directing the sound to the left hemisphere, to the right, to the center, up, down, etc. Then the same but without opening your mouth -- through the nose. Then, like all things yogic, it would get more and more complicated. You chant om in your left hemisphere but let a dog bark in your right. You chant om in your right but turn a thunderstorm on in your left. And so on. The point was... well, I don't remember anymore what the point was, but it was fun. :)

The thing is, Yoga is very simple. It is us who tend to complicate it by looking for "hidden practices and secrets things". Yoga is a science...you do the practice, you get the results, right?

The thing is, Yoga is very simple. It is us who tend to complicate it by looking for "hidden practices and secrets things". Yoga is a science...you do the practice, you get the results, right?

With 33 million deities it's simple?.. If you put 33 million amoebae in charge of a science, even then it is highly unlikely to be simple. :D

With 33 million deities it's simple?.. If you put 33 million amoebae in charge of a science, even then it is highly unlikely to be simple. :D

The 33 million deities is a myth. There were 33 deities originally in the Vedic narrative. Half-baked knowledge leads to half-baked conclusions ;)

Mark Griffin gives several excellent lectures on "so ham". I don't always connect with the theory presented at HL, but I've found "so ham" and the explainations about what it is, to be invaluable. I've come to relate to "om" as sort of a concatenation of "so ham" and it has changed "om" from, "ok, I'm supposed to get something out of this? right?, but what? just resonance?" to an incredibly useful tool that I can use with precision and fluency to "do the right things" (as Spike Lee or Winnie the Pooh might say).

• Like 2

The 33 million deities is a myth. There were 33 deities originally in the Vedic narrative. Half-baked knowledge leads to half-baked conclusions ;)

Care to post a video of you doing a couple of asanas you derived from knowledge baked to a crisp? Didn't you say "you do the practice, you get the results" just a short scroll up ago?.. Half baked or not, my yoga is half decent -- and I never even took a class, just contemplated some... So, how 'bout you show not tell?.. :glare:

Care to post a video of you doing a couple of asanas you derived from knowledge baked to a crisp? Didn't you say "you do the practice, you get the results" just a short scroll up ago?.. Half baked or not, my yoga is half decent -- and I never even took a class, just contemplated some... So, how 'bout you show not tell?.. :glare:

So yoga is just soon asanas?!? Gotta admit these "yogis" and "yoginis" are something else...they sure do know their uthita padmasanas from their pinchchamayurasanas ;-)

I don't need to show you anything. I respect your Taichi and Tao knowledge. That doesn't make you an expert on yoga

I didn't say "yoga is just soon asanas" and am surprised you thought I did. I merely believe that knowledge that is not embodied, knowledge residing as trivia in the head, to be corroborated or disproved by consenting or competing trivia from someone else's source of trivia, isn't worth as much as knowledge that is embodied. So, I was hoping to see what you know. :mellow:

Oh, and do you remember where it all began? I described a yoga practice that had nothing to do with asanas? I was describing a real practice I was taught, not something I made up, and based on my experience mentioned its complexity? remember? I based this assertion on my own experience of a raja yogic practice. I found it complicated. If it's simple for you, kudos. I haven't described the most difficult parts of the practice though, but even if I did, how could you show or not show me that they are really simple as you assert they are if they are all happening in the mind?.. Asanas, on the other hand, can be shown... are you catching my drift? :D

Edited by Taomeow
  • Like 2