MooNiNite

Why OM? How was OM discovered?

I didn't say "yoga is just soon asanas" and am surprised you thought I did. I merely believe that knowledge that is not embodied, knowledge residing as trivia in the head, to be corroborated or disproved by consenting or competing trivia from someone else's source of trivia, isn't worth as much as knowledge that is embodied. So, I was hoping to see what you know. :mellow:

Oh, and do you remember where it all began? I described a yoga practice that had nothing to do with asanas? I was describing a real practice I was taught, not something I made up, and based on my experience mentioned its complexity? remember? I based this assertion on my own experience of a raja yogic practice. I found it complicated. If it's simple for you, kudos. I haven't described the most difficult parts of the practice though, but even if I did, how could you show or not show me that they are really simple as you assert they are if they are all happening in the mind?.. Asanas, on the other hand, can be shown... are you catching my drift? :D

My comment was directed at your evidently disparaging remark about Yoga in general and the 330 million deities that you find distasteful. There are about 1.2 billion people who don't agree with you, but they also don't bother anyone else with their beliefs nor try to push these down anyone else's throats.

Your experience doesn't make something inherently difficult or easy for anyone other than yourself. That was not evident in your generalization about Yoga.

I do catch your drift however. Yoga is a very personal journey and is not predicated upon the perfection of your asanas. It is predicated however, upon what you do with your asanas. My yoga teacher taught a simple series of 15 poses and 4 specific pranayama techniques, the asanas opened up the channels and pranayama activated the sushumna. It took less than one year of practice to get there. It was simple, not complicated at all. There was no "end-state" defined, you do the practice, you get the results. It is exactly like Taichi and other daoist meditation I have learnt from my teacher. There is no "end-state", you do the practice, you get the result.

In my experience, those seeking complicated, get complicated. Then they learn and begin to identify the less complicated. You get my drift? :D

The "evidently disparaging" was is in your head, Dwai, not in my post, so whoever you got pissed at ain't me. So I step aside and leave you victorious over this figment of your imagination. Enjoy.

Edited by Taomeow
  • Like 1

The "evidently disparaging" was is in your head, Dwai, not in my post, so whoever you got pissed at ain't me. So I step aside and leave you victorious over this figment of your imagination. Enjoy.

I apologize as well since I do have tremendous respect for you and your knowledge ( which incidentally I don't need to meet you in person/ see a demo to know).

I stayed away from TTB for a while to avoid these type of situations. I guess it's time again.

I apologize as well since I do have tremendous respect for you and your knowledge ( which incidentally I don't need to meet you in person/ see a demo to know).

I stayed away from TTB for a while to avoid these type of situations. I guess it's time again.

Accepted with gratitude.

Sometimes a simple "what do you mean?" helps avoid a potentially charged misunderstanding. My favorite question in the world. :)

• Like 2