nine tailed fox

i have reached to a conclusion, there is no such thing as LOVE

Have found this very helpful.. please keep helping. I would like to be able to help you back. One day.

Attack is just another fantasy.

Given that this is the case, how does one operate in the world, when an 'attack' is being perpetrated with intent to 'attack'.. even though one knows that the intent is misguided awareness.. does one cut through to the fundamentals somehow... how?

How to actively cut through to the fundamentals when obstruction of ignorance is impeding flow on the level of activity or direct in the world action?

Unless one can transmit or embody.. and it is a fact that not all are receptive to what is transmitted or embodied.. so.. is this where we have a good look at Ghandi? or what, practically. Please, thankyou.

I was thinking .. how can a person have fire in the belly and look upon stuff with equanimity..... the fire in the belly has to convert to love, doesnt it.. and then the question is.. love in action, how does it look in the interaction with obstruction and ignorance?

Cat, when you really know that attack is an illusion, that love is all there really is, your reactions will naturally and automatically be different. You might not really CARE at all if someone is "rude" to you. You might be so free that you just don't give a damn if people are rude.

But we still have to live in the world, and sometimes we have to set boundaries, express negative emotions, and "defend" ourselves. It's just that these things will take a different FORM when you no longer believe in attack. I have experienced this many times. It's like the "fire in the belly" is gone. You express yourself, but it's like you're just playing your part, you're not in need.

Attack is no more real in life than it is in a movie. It simply doesn't exist. So when someone "attacks" you, you respond appropriately, but you know it's JUST A MOVIE.

• Like 1

Reaching a conclusion is pre-determining your fate.

It tends to close us off and opportunity sails on by without us every noticing...

Answers are dead, they kill the opportunity for discovery and deeper understanding.

Only questions are full of life and possibility.

Much better to just simply allow there to be the open question - is there such a thing as love?

And then let life answer it for you over time.

Just my perspective, take it or leave it.

It has worked well for me in recent years.

“Be patient toward all that is unsolved in your heart and try to love the questions themselves, like locked rooms and like books that are now written in a very foreign tongue. Do not now seek the answers, which cannot be given you because you would not be able to live them. And the point is, to live everything. Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answer.”

Rainer Maria Rilke

• Like 1

i know many of you might not agree but this is true

there is no such thing like love

i am talking about romantic love here

i have read about the spiritual love, where you love every being in all three worlds

that love might be true

but i dont think there is anything called true love with opposite sex

basically

true/eternal love = attachment

if your level of love is low than you will fall into love with the next beautiful girl in few hours

if your level of love is very high than you might think that you are in love but thats just a bigger attachment, you will just take more time to fall in love with another beautiful girl (maybe months)

i havent found any explaination for romantic love yet, not even spiritually

these are my thoughts

Alanis and I agree with you

“Be patient toward all that is unsolved in your heart and try to love the questions themselves, like locked rooms and like books that are now written in a very foreign tongue. Do not now seek the answers, which cannot be given you because you would not be able to live them. And the point is, to live everything. Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answer.”

Rainer Maria Rilke

Wonderful quote...

Here's another favorite variation on the theme:

"And if you want a point of departure for this new journey of soul, don't choose an intention, don't choose a prayer, don't choose a therapy, and don't choose a spiritual method. Look inwards and discovery a point of contradiction within yourself. Stay faithful to the aura and presence of the contradiction. Hold it gently in your embrace and ask it what it wants to teach you."

- John O'Donohue

• Like 1

Wonderful quote...

Here's another favorite variation on the theme:

"And if you want a point of departure for this new journey of soul, don't choose an intention, don't choose a prayer, don't choose a therapy, and don't choose a spiritual method. Look inwards and discovery a point of contradiction within yourself. Stay faithful to the aura and presence of the contradiction. Hold it gently in your embrace and ask it what it wants to teach you."

- John O'Donohue

Steve,

This is definitely one of the best things I've ever heard. Thanks for posting it.

My brother, who is the one who told me about this website, was once trying to help me with a problem I had with anger. He suggested that I look into my beliefs, because I SAY I believe that I should forgive, and let go of anger, but yet, I wasn't doing that. WHY? That was the question. I needed to examine the contradiction in my perspective.

This was a long time ago, though, and I had nearly forgotten about it, so I'm very glad you reminded me of this wonderful teaching, to look into our contradictions. I can immediately think of several areas of my life about which I need to do this, and I think doing so might be the answer I needed.

Thanks!

• Like 1

Steve,

This is definitely one of the best things I've ever heard. Thanks for posting it.

My brother, who is the one who told me about this website, was once trying to help me with a problem I had with anger. He suggested that I look into my beliefs, because I SAY I believe that I should forgive, and let go of anger, but yet, I wasn't doing that. WHY? That was the question. I needed to examine the contradiction in my perspective.

This was a long time ago, though, and I had nearly forgotten about it, so I'm very glad you reminded me of this wonderful teaching, to look into our contradictions. I can immediately think of several areas of my life about which I need to do this, and I think doing so might be the answer I needed.

Thanks!

Hi Roger,

I'm sincerely glad that's helpful.

John's talks and poems are wonderful and this is one of my favorites among his quotations.

Best wishes,

• Like 1