Sign in to follow this  
juliank

Hello everyone and question

I wanted to say thank you to all of TTB as this website has been an amazing resource to address some of the issues I'm currently experiencing.

I am a mid 30's male, physically fit, ( lift weights, yoga, run) and have been doing vipassana meditation going on 5 years.

I have experimented with psychedelics, and had a bit of a drinking problem that I have recently rooted out completely.

Which brings me to my question.

As part of my commitment to making spirituality the number #1 priority in my life I have taken up retention. I am currently over 50 days.

Old Chi's thread was the inspiration and I can attest to all of the benefits that have been layed out in that thread and many others.

The retention part has not been an issue. That energy has been positively channeled into academics, work, personal relationships, vigorous exercise and meditation. Which leads me to my next point.

Since I started doing AYP's Spinal Breathing prior to my normal 20-30 minute vipassana practice I have felt that K energy rising. I am at a place where it's undeniable now that it is activated BUT it's currently not out of control.

After reading all the negative threads on AYP and on K I have to admit I had a negative minor anxiety attack where that familiar feeling of K rising and creating pressure and tension in the back of my head occurred. Thoughts are powerful. Both created within the mind and read is all I can say.

I am going to give up Spinal Breathing that is clear.

What I want to know is what I should do to PREVENT K from increasing or creating these pressures/tensions.

Should I masturbate or find a mate ? Should I give up vipassana for a short time ?

I now practice metta when I am out and about town, and I notice this helps.

I have not tried MCO because again after reading all the threads I have come to the conclusion I cant learn MCO from the internet or that it would address my issue.

At this point I want to do things that are eminently safe, boring even haha. I think I may have been in hasty in wanting "altered spiritual experiences" and now that I got a strong taste, perhaps even a spoonful, I am happy with just clarity, energy and enhanced feelings of love and kindness that I get from vipassana and yoga.

Do not get me wrong I am not shrinking from dark night of the soul type experiences, it is just that enlivening K via AYP pranayama is obviously not the way to go for me.

I know this is a long introduction. I say thanks to you all in advance for any type of advice.

Nice introductory post juliank, welcome to the Tao Bums.

Please ensure that you have read the two posts pinned to the top of the Lobby.

You should then be able to post elsewhere on the forums.

Generally we're pretty easy going here, but we do have a few rules and regulations.

To stop Trolls, Spam and Bots, etc.

Enjoy your time here.

Basher

Hi Julian and welcome to the Tao Bums.

The Lobby is very much for introductions and most Tao Bums don't look here regularly. To get advice on your energy questions it may well be worth your while to repost in Taoist Discussion. Ithink that you would get the most response there.

Good luck and best wishes,

Chang

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this