RongzomFan

The Superiority of Tantra to Sutra

In Madhyamaka, on a conventional level, consciousness arises only if there is a meeting of a sense organ and sense object. Expositions of the "two truths" are for deluded sentient beings.

That's the irrelevant bit of the whole thing. What difference does any of that make at all.

This "irrelevancy" forms the entire foundation of Buddhist epistemology. From Hinayana on through to Mahayana.

As I understand it, the advantage of Dzogchen etc. is that they don't entertain ontological views. They have no need to.

The advantages of Vajrayana lies in its methods. If the above is unnecessarily superfluous, it's only because the paths of the 2 stages, Dzogchen, and Mahamudra are nongradual. Although, these paths dispense with the seemingly complex epistemology of sutrayana, thereby making them swifter paths, this can be deceptive. Why? Because, in the case of Dzogchen for example, not everyone is a cig car ba i.e. an instantaneous type. The majority of practitioners, fall in the category of the average and dull capacities for realization, continually refining vidya and making a graduated progression on the path.

Yes

I'm sure that you're wrong

100% certain

Read your own signature.

You are stilling selling the "Direct Path Advaita" stuff

Which should be called Nondirect Path, since it doesn't have direct introduction.

Edited by RongzomFan

Read your own signature.

You are stilling selling the "Direct Path Advaita" stuff

Which should be called Nondirect Path, since it doesn't have direct introduction.

Still incorrect

I know, but does it quite cut it for you personally? Non-affirming negations? It's still in some way playing the ontology game it seems. Perhaps, it genuinely does for some people but for most, it's just a "better view" than those they refute.

He absolutely does nail it and his demolition of the false counter arguments is a masterpiece.

Nice to see the false premises in todays institutionalised, pseudoacademic "Buddhism" being demolished.

Perhaps it will lead to a renaissance of the actual teachings.

I'm sorry guys, but for anyone who's actually practiced vipassana according to the Pali traditions, or received empowerment and instructions from a Lama, I'm unable to fathom them taking any of these comments seriously.

I'm sorry guys, but for anyone who's actually practiced vipassana according to the Pali traditions, or received empowerment and instructions from a Lama, I'm unable to fathom them taking any of these comments seriously.

Really?

Do you imagine that I care whether you (or anyone else) takes these comments seriously?

You think there is a thing called Direct Path Advaita right?

Incorrect

I don't "think that there's a thing called Direct Path Advaita"

Really?

Do you imagine that I care whether you (or anyone else) takes these comments seriously?

It's just the fact that there are unsound and inexperienced comments coming from non-practitioners of buddhadharma in this thread.

It's just the fact that there are unsound and inexperienced comments coming from non-practitioners of buddhadharma in this thread.

Not a fact - just your your opinion :)

No I'm sorry, you believe Advaita is the essence of Buddhism per Radhakrishnan

No

That means right on the money.

Incorrect means incorrect, so you're obvously incorrect :)