DreamBliss

Please help me understand this!

Sorry, that was obvious not enough to a guru.

I guess the guru must be feel that the people are trying to buy their spirituality, by paying for it with money (which is just paper with stuff printed on it) and time (which is probably just about as valuable.) So expending all that time, money and effort would then not be enough.

On the other hand, if someone truly thinks that is the way to get the answers they seek, or to become enlightened, shouldn't a guru, if they are truly loving, point them in the right direction, instead of shoving them out the door?

It all comes back to love. If you are truly loving, how can you reject anyone? If you are a reflection of the Source, and the Source loves all, and rejects none, how can you reject any?

If you decide to give someone the middle finger, instead of pointing someone to the moon, how is that person ever going to see the moon? All they will see is your middle finger.

I don't know how to make this more clear. I will do as another poster suggested. I give up.

Edited by DreamBliss

You were only speaking from your own point of view. Why don't you try to wear the shoes of the guru.....!!!
Did you neglect the philosophy that was suggested in manitou's post #23....???

Edited by ChiDragon
  • Like 1

........I give up.

That is exactly what the guru wants you to do........ ;)

PS....

You'd just failed the guru's visiting test because you were not trying hard enough.

Edited by ChiDragon

Funny you should mention it...

My current dog is not very bright but a few dogs back we had an unusually bright Fiest. She learned tell time with a digital clock -- would watch it click 6:00 and would then ask for dinner. Daylight-Saving took her a few days to adjust to, and she never figured on "hands" on an analog clock but maybe that was because she didn't have any...

Our two dogs stick to GMT throughout the year so from spring to autumn they are an hour 'in front' of whatever time the clock says.

Depending of the season, lunch is either at noon or 1pm clock time.

In dog time that's called " Lunch Time".

Daylight-Saving took her a few days to adjust to,

Likewise here. (No, I'm not going to suggest that I am no brighter than a dog.)

We do "spring forward, fall back" here.

Clocks go on an hour in spring and back an hour in autumn.

Edited by GrandmasterP
  • Like 2

I guess the guru must be feel that the people are trying to buy their spirituality, by paying for it with money (which is just paper with stuff printed on it) and time (which is probably just about as valuable.) So expending all that time, money and effort would then not be enough.

On the other hand, if someone truly thinks that is the way to get the answers they seek, or to become enlightened, shouldn't a guru, if they are truly loving, point them in the right direction, instead of shoving them out the door?

It all comes back to love. If you are truly loving, how can you reject anyone? If you are a reflection of the Source, and the Source loves all, and rejects none, how can you reject any?

If you decide to give someone the middle finger, instead of pointing someone to the moon, how is that person ever going to see the moon? All they will see is your middle finger.

I don't know how to make this more clear. I will do as another poster suggested. I give up.

You're correct - no real teacher would eject a sincere seeker.

The insincere eject themselves (although they occasionally need some assistance in finding the exit).

The sincere will come across a real teacher and, as you seem sincere, don't abandon the search prematurely. You could find someone able and willing to help you much sooner than you imagine.

• Like 4

I think the enlightened are still people. They can even be (at times) imperfect people. Like anyone else they can get tired of a world and a crowd that says gimme gimme gimme.

• Like 1

Besides, the guru wouldn't be the guru if he was at the whim and call of everyone else's emotions. He wouldn't take on a new student because he was afraid that rejecting him would hurt his feelings. The guru would understand that suffering from rejection (or, say, an inferiority complex) was just the other side of a superiority complex, and that part of the student's path is accepting whatever may be. Actually, the guru is doing the student a service by rejecting the student that's not ready for him - otherwise it would be a waste of both of their times. He's also doing a service by throwing that student into a tailspin because he was rejected. Working through that will probably do more for the student than a traditional encounter with the guru.

Some would call it Tough Love.

Edited by manitou
  • Like 1