Cameron

Kunlun Level 1

:blink: That might work!!! LOL

I dont think the question I have have here been answered in this thread. If it has I must have missed it.

Ive been practicing Kunlun 1 for 3 weeks now. The thing that is killing me is my left leg. It never bounce in rythm! My right leg bounce very rythmical and nice all the time, but my left leg is totally out of sync. Do anybody know what to do? I try to just let it be and relax about it, but it is not that easy.

For you people who has practiced this for severeal months or years, are your legs bouncing rythmically?

Its been said that the right leg bouncing is balancing yang, and the left yin. Does that mean that my yin is out of balance but yang is balanced?

One other thing I have experiencend doing Kunlun 1 is that no session is ever the same. There are no patterns, nothing to recognice. Every thing is new every time(other than my left leg). Some times I think that this feeling or movement is great and I look forward to doing it again next day, but then something completely different happens. It is very fascinating!

I haven't been practicing for very long either, but I often have trouble getting the left going as well. Sometimes I just bring the right to a stop, and then lift the left ankle up as high as I can and wait. It will usually start going.

I also agree with you on that no 2 sessions are the same. I had more "stuff" happening the first time I practiced, but this seems to decrease everytime I practice. The last time I did it, my mind was closer to being empty, and the time seemed to fly by very fast. Oddly I don't seem to be receiving any "bliss" feelings, nor do I get the urge to pull my head back like many others. Maybe I just have not been practicing it long enough.

P.S. I tend to prefer to practice with my eyes closed as well.

I haven't been practicing for very long either, but I often have trouble getting the left going as well. Sometimes I just bring the right to a stop, and then lift the left ankle up as high as I can and wait. It will usually start going.

I also agree with you on that no 2 sessions are the same. I had more "stuff" happening the first time I practiced, but this seems to decrease everytime I practice. The last time I did it, my mind was closer to being empty, and the time seemed to fly by very fast. Oddly I don't seem to be receiving any "bliss" feelings, nor do I get the urge to pull my head back like many others. Maybe I just have not been practicing it long enough.

P.S. I tend to prefer to practice with my eyes closed as well.

Don't worry about what your legs are doing. There is no "correct" response other than what happens naturally (ie, with an empty mind).

There is no improvement on the practice as it has been already reduced to its essence. Take the posture indicated to activate the energy and once activated, let gooooooo. Watch objectively as your does what it does to "self-correct" or reset itself.

Don't look for bliss or specific movements. Everyone is different.

I dont think the question I have have here been answered in this thread. If it has I must have missed it.

Ive been practicing Kunlun 1 for 3 weeks now. The thing that is killing me is my left leg. It never bounce in rythm! My right leg bounce very rythmical and nice all the time, but my left leg is totally out of sync. Do anybody know what to do? I try to just let it be and relax about it, but it is not that easy.

For you people who has practiced this for severeal months or years, are your legs bouncing rythmically?

Its been said that the right leg bouncing is balancing yang, and the left yin. Does that mean that my yin is out of balance but yang is balanced?

One other thing I have experiencend doing Kunlun 1 is that no session is ever the same. There are no patterns, nothing to recognice. Every thing is new every time(other than my left leg). Some times I think that this feeling or movement is great and I look forward to doing it again next day, but then something completely different happens. It is very fascinating!

symmetry is good for mantlepieces. old spontaneous qi gong saying.

Ive notice that some people are not following the book and doing it there own way what do you think or that Mantra or what would Max say about that, its it a problem?

Ive notice that some people are not following the book and doing it there own way what do you think or that Mantra or what would Max say about that, its it a problem?

Unless Mantra68 okays it, I would consider any sort of variation to be not advisable.

QUESTION: Was anyone planning on going to the 11/9-11 workshop in Santa Barbara? Because I heard it's just been relocated to LA (perhaps due to the wildfires)?

If so, will it be held at the same locations as last time (Fri lecture @ Bodhi Tree & Sat & Sun workshops at the Ramada Plaza Hotel LAX)? Anyone got details? I wasn't planning on going, but for some reason the airfare is not that bad right now (<$300).

Not sure if this has been already been mentioned or even if it is in the book, but if you are having a hard time getting your feet going, try leaning forward slightly. Also lift the heels up really high as mentioned earlier.

Not sure if this has been already been mentioned or even if it is in the book, but if you are having a hard time getting your feet going, try leaning forward slightly. Also lift the heels up really high as mentioned earlier.

Leaning forward slightly is in the book. Still found Trunks suggestion to relax the toes into the ground most helpful with removing excess muscular tension in the calves and lower legs that can occur when holding up the heels.

p.s. Feeling like I have a different copy but on which page is the photo with the hands the wrong way?

Odd experience, not sure if it is related to kunlun at all...I've been doing level 1 for a month and a half? 2 months maybe? Been doing level 2 in the last week or so, I think I've done it maybe 4, 5 times. Anyway, my normal memory recall/trigger mechanism has always been somewhat slow, in a sense that when something triggers a memory for me, images/impressions/feelings have always happened in a one-at-a-time fashion and proceed slowly, i.e. I would spend 5-15 seconds processing, depending on the situation. A few times in the last week, memory recalls via external trigger have been way faster than I have ever experienced, on the order of I will have easily 5 times the amount of information recalled and have it all happen in like a third of a second.

I did an hour and change of kunlun 1 & 2 last night with an appropriate amount of closedown.

I usually make coffee in the morning right before I am ready to leave for work, I have a poland spring cooler that has hot water so I get it really fast. This morning I made some before I got in the shower...have not done that in a long time. I got out of the shower, dried off, and through the steam, opened the door and caught a strong coffee aroma and wha-wha-wha-BAM, I got flooded with a whole bunch of memories of my girlfriend - intense, but no overwhelmingly so...all in less than a half a second. Memories of when she lived with me, when things were less screwed up with us...happiness, hugs, getting out of the shower and running and jumping back into bed to cuddle for another few minutes before I *really* had to get my ass moving to work...having coffee together, a longtime ritual of ours...her smile...the feel of her skin...her eyes...her eyes as they were and all the emotion behind them when I asked her to marry me...

then it was gone. and well, I'm not sure I can honestly refer to her as my girlfriend right now anyway...its tough when you have been awesome friends with someone for ~10 years and then date them...a second time...and have strong ties between each other, move a thousand miles back for it (she did)...but have one be extremely off kilter while the other had nothing but love, flip, flop, flip, flop...until finally it comes to the point where we need to change everything to reestablish what made us good in the first place, because we have gotten so far away from it...

/end rant

So...yeah, was I was curious of, has anyone heard of anything like that memory trigger stuff happening?? I'm not scared of it nor intimidated by it, I just thought it peculiar. And my girl...friend...I just try not to hang on to the past nor think of what will be in the future, just be happy hanging out when we do...

Yeah but like Eckhart Tolle says be in the NOW.

But yeah..I am just feeling all the crap from my life.

There is some good stuff too!!

:lol:

yeah, be in the now...been putting more into doing just that. that's kinda what I meant when I referred to being happy with my time with her :)

indeed...although, I was more focused on my change in feedback duration/quantity/intensity...

In addition, Eckhart talks about our "pain body"

The pain body is very strong. Entire billion dollar industries are built around the pain body.

Read Power of Now and A New Earth for more info.

In addition, Eckhart talks about our "pain body"

The pain body is very strong. Entire billion dollar industries are built around the pain body.

Read Power of Now and A New Earth for more info.

Interesting. What is our "pain body?" Cliffs Notes version please? :huh: Edited by vortex

Odd experience, not sure if it is related to kunlun at all...I've been doing level 1 for a month and a half? 2 months maybe? Been doing level 2 in the last week or so, I think I've done it maybe 4, 5 times. Anyway, my normal memory recall/trigger mechanism has always been somewhat slow, in a sense that when something triggers a memory for me, images/impressions/feelings have always happened in a one-at-a-time fashion and proceed slowly, i.e. I would spend 5-15 seconds processing, depending on the situation. A few times in the last week, memory recalls via external trigger have been way faster than I have ever experienced, on the order of I will have easily 5 times the amount of information recalled and have it all happen in like a third of a second.

Hmmmm are you sure it's a good idea to be doing level 2 already? I don't think you are following Max's guidelines.

eckhart tolle rocks, i have a couple lectures that i downloaded of his. i love his voice and how he explains everything fit for the ape. very simple and profound. adyashanti too.

you can find talks by tolle on isohunt.com

adyashanti has free lectures on his site

http://www.adyashanti.org/index.php?file=home

What are the MINIMUM practice requirements for Kunlun level 1? I'm happy with how my 20min active 20min closing is going and I would like to increase things now and get a bit more "old school" :)

My thoughts :-

Practice at least once everyday is required

Get ready / comfortable and do the visualisation for a min or two untill ready to start.

40min Active Kunlun

20min Closing form

My thinking from the book is that it's at least an hour active kunlun with 20min closing everyday but it's a bit unclear and if I can be lazy and get away with only 1 hour that will work out better for me :)

Cheers

I am doing 30 min kunlun, 30 min close in the morning.

Might build up to 1 hr kunlun, 1 hr closing next year.

BTW, closing to me is the same as emptiness meditation so the kunlun routine is basically EXACTYLY the same as I was doing standing meditation and emptiness meditation only standing has been replaced with kunlun.

My ideal routine that I'll work up to by next year will be 1 hr kunlun, 1 hr close down/emptiness meditation in the morning...then another hr close down/emptiness meditation at night.

I'll try to build up to that by like Jan, Feb '08

Cheers Cam,

I was "stuck" at ~20min of stillness meditation, not sure why but I just had trouble going for longer, would get distracted. But after the active part of Kunlun I can just sit and sit and sit.......

The weird thing is I have NEVER been able to get up in the morning to practice. I've been up at 5:30~ 6am since October, regardless of when I go to bed (Which is often 2 or 3am)