I think the problem is really that we can't agree on a scenario.

Edited by Stosh

Trashed my forces?!?  You can't even find me.  And as long as you are otherwise occupied you are not headed toward my territory so in fact I am doing quite well and haven't lost a single man.

Doing nothing and allowing the others to waste energy is sometimes the best option.

Trashed my forces?!? You can't even find me. And as long as you are otherwise occupied you are not headed toward my territory so in fact I am doing quite well and haven't lost a single man.

Doing nothing and allowing the others to waste energy is sometimes the best option.

Edited by Stosh

Hi Stosh. You're imagination is quite creative... but you and Michael both missed the cue. This could have played out either way.

It's just a story to me. Whichever side I was on was dependent on action/and or ability to see.

Michael? While his forces were sick was the time to attack if you were going to.

Stosh? If I had followed your lead you would have been the aggressor on MH's doorstep, and as you got your own men killed by leaving your hill and attacking, MH's forces would have swept in and wiped you both out.

"No rational reason." Haha

Maybe , dunno, I tried to play out the scene as it presented itself ,, philosophically I think that circumstances are what drive events -and decisions ,while pivotal, are basically at the mercy of events. Like Michael and I were saying , the circumstances just were not clear enough for a drawn out scenario, it leaves too much leeway and actions become random.

Yes, circumstances do drive events, but we have the option to pay attention to the circumstances as they arise. Anyway, as you guys noted, this got pretty messy.

All the best to you. :)

• Like 1

Hi Stosh. You're imagination is quite creative... but you and Michael both missed the cue. This could have played out either way. It's just a story to me. Whichever side I was on was dependent on action/and or ability to see. Michael? While his forces were sick was the time to attack if you were going to.

ilumairen,

I did in fact take advantage of your incapacitating Stosh's army.

Did you miss this post of mine? :huh:

Stosh,

It is clear that illumairen has turned against you and supports my cause with her considerable skills as both a fearless warrioress and a superb herbalist.

Three against one... The situation looks very bad for you.

Especially since your men are all incapacitated now, my spies kept informing me about their whereabouts (thank you, Daeluin! :)) and my well trained soldiers are raiding your camp of snoring "warriors" as of this writing.

And alas, there is NO reset button in a war.

ilumairen,

Oh bother. I missed the 'snoring warriors' part - must have been sleeping myself. ;)

So Stosh lost quite awhile back...

• Like 1

Oh bother. I missed the 'snoring warriors' part - must have been sleeping myself. ;)

So Stosh lost quite awhile back...

Lost in fevered dreams.. strong herbs/drugs will do that. Hahaha

The Jade Princess?

Oh bother. I missed the 'snoring warriors' part - must have been sleeping myself. ;) So Stosh lost quite awhile back...

Obviously. Objective reporting of the events in this war was next to non-existent, but this much should be clear.

The question remains, where exactly is the Jade Princess held captive? And what did she have to go through with the lustrous dwarfs?

Let's hope it won't be too gross even for TDB... :o

If you had a territory and cant be found, then I just take your territorry too, and leave you a vagabond. Yes I know the value of waiting, conserving forces, but not to use them when the time is ripe , is just as much waste of those forces.

But you don't know that I am between you and my territory.  The battle will not be on the grounds of my homeland.  And I and my men are being supplied by the local villages who are all friends with my territory.

While you havent lost a man, Im back at strength, and according to Sun, youre making yourself appear weak. I also have the Jade princess and the high ground. Its just a matter of time.You shouldve gathered up the remnants of Michaels army and crushed me against the hilltop, Il wasnt going to come to my aid. You couldve restored to the emperor his daughter and made the lands tranquil.

Im about to offer the Emperor a deal, I get the princess as wife, she seems to really like me :) has powers and by the way is a fine lookin dame! He gets to remain emperor, The won lands are divided amongst the loyal to me. And youre banished for life under threat of death or until I grant reprieve. ( which isnt going to happen until you disband)

I know you have not been resupplied.  My observers are watching.  That ploy isn't going to work.  I also know that you are running low of food and it now has to be rationed.

The Emperor was already weak else this conflict would not be taking place right now.

I'm sure the jaded lady will cause you much misery.

But you have won nothing of value except for a territory that was in complete disarray.

But still, if you go there you will live.  If you head for my territory you will die.

Yes, circumstances do drive events, but we have the option to pay attention to the circumstances as they arise. Anyway, as you guys noted, this got pretty messy. All the best to you. :)

Wars are always messy.

The least messy war is the one that doesn't have to be fought.

• Like 1

ilumairen,

I think she did a strategic withdrawal and missed that event.

The question remains, where exactly is the Jade Princess held captive? And what did she have to go through with the lustrous dwarfs?

Let's hope it won't be too gross even for TDB... :o

Well, as Stosh claims to have her he must have sent a search and rescue unit to the caves and extracted her.  I'm sure she was grateful.

BTW  My territory (I have never called it anything else) is composed of villages similar to this:

Chapter 80

1.  Let the country be small and people few—
2.  Bring it about that there are weapons for "tens" and "hundreds," yet let no one use them;
3.  Have the people regard death gravely and put migrating far from their minds.
4.  Though they might have boats and carriages, no one will ride them;
5.  Though they might have armor and spears, no one will display them.
6.  Have the people return to knotting cords and using them.

7.  They will relish their food,
8.  Regard their clothing as beautiful,
9.  Delight in their customs,
10.  And feel safe and secure in their homes.
11.  Neighboring states might overlook one another,
12.  And the sounds of chickens and dogs might be overheard,
13.  Yet the people will arrive at old age and death with no comings and goings between them.

The villages came together in a common cause of defense and appointed me leader of the unified forces.

All defenders will return to their home village once this distraction has been resolved.