TheWhiteRabbit

Under Trump

The media has not addressed that Trump hotels are potential soft targets for terrorist activity and if Trump is put in that situation, how will he react? His own interests or?

Edited by ralis

I just talked with a friend who summed up the characteristics of Trump's cabinet appointments so far:

1. Plutocrats (the very rich)

2. Military

3. Yes-men (his surrogates, or those who've kissed his ring after he won)

4. Family (his kids are often present during meetings)

Who will Trump serve? His business empire or the interest of this country?

I think that we'll get *lots* of opportunities to see. Edited by Trunk
  • Like 1

Sounds good! :P

In what way is that good? None of Trump's cabinet picks are interested in service and like Trump are only serving their personal and corporate agenda.

• Like 1

I was only trolling. I am not informed about the people in his cabinet and can't estimate if his picks are good or bad.

What I hear is that Trump as a president-elect already is bringing jobs back to the US.

Trump is telling lies for his own business interests.

That whole YouTube list (Keith Olberman's "The Resistance" commentary series on the GQ channel) is very interesting.

Edited by Brian

I was only trolling. I am not informed about the people in his cabinet and can't estimate if his picks are good or bad.

What I hear is that Trump as a president-elect already is bringing jobs back to the US.

On my estimation, they are generally good but for reasons why the polls also missed the predicted outcome.  the problem is, the issue just can't be discussed reasonably so folks will have to just wait and see and judge later.

Trump is telling lies for his own business interests.

I hear you and that is an interesting issue he poses as his business interests are all over the world.  I think this kind of issue was never foreseen and somewhere there needs to be a reasonable understanding that the original founders would not of owned business interests around the world but that is a reality now.

• Like 1

I actually think so, for the most part.

Seriously! I guess you fail to understand or recognize fascism. The propaganda machine frames fascism so as to make it appear banal. The link below requires a careful understanding as to the root cause of fascism, which I have extensively written, in other threads.

http://www.salon.com/2016/12/13/normalizing-fascists-what-history-can-tell-us-about-leaders-making-the-movement_partner/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

Edited by ralis

What I see: the propaganda machine is trying its best to make this cabinet and PEOTUS seem fascist.

Have you studied as to how fascism works? Root cause? Do you understand character armoring and it's root cause? Fusion of government/corporate is the basis for Trump's form of government which is fascist.

Ian Kershaw, Richard Hofstadter are two academics that are worth researching in regards to fascism. I doubt you have read either one.

The big problem I see is several-fold....

1. The left (and I'm apolitical... if anyone believes that) missed the entire prediction outcome.   Well, Micheal Moore predicted it but nobody really listened to him.   He has explained it quite thoroughly before and after the elections.

2. Non-poll predictions were more accurate than poll predictions.  Several examples that one can go back and find but the left depended on polls.   

3. Despite the two above, the left still relies on their same sources to understand future outcomes.

4. There has not yet been any action and outcome in fact.   So there is in reality, nothing to judge yet in regards to 'what will happen' as nothing has occurred yet.

I've made a few predictions that have come true... Trump is rather easy to understand but maybe it just takes putting aside most personal feelings to just look at his business style.   That latter issue is what matters.

Let's take one simple example to attempt to discuss:   Is Perry a good choice for Sec. of Energy, after he is well known for his gaffe of not remembering the name of the department he claimed he would get rid of?

A resounding Yes for at least two reasons for now:

1. Forget election trail rhetoric... that is part of what one has to put aside.  If you can't do that, then you'll have a very hard time ever prediction stuff.   Look deeper at the issue.  He wants it gone for a reason... and what reason?  It is mis-managed.

2. As a critic who wants to shut it down, Trump has basically empowered him to FIX IT ...

This is so simple that I can't believe folks don't see this basic approach he takes.   

When you consider a Trump decision, forget anything from the past and ask yourself: What is it he wants to fix ?

That simple question seems to be the best guide I've used.   Nothing personal.

• Like 1

The big problem I see is several-fold....

1. The left (and I'm apolitical... if anyone believes that) missed the entire prediction outcome.   Well, Micheal Moore predicted it but nobody really listened to him.   He has explained it quite thoroughly before and after the elections.

2. Non-poll predictions were more accurate than poll predictions.  Several examples that one can go back and find but the left depended on polls.   

3. Despite the two above, the left still relies on their same sources to understand future outcomes.

4. There has not yet been any action and outcome in fact.   So there is in reality, nothing to judge yet in regards to 'what will happen' as nothing has occurred yet.

I've made a few predictions that have come true... Trump is rather easy to understand but maybe it just takes putting aside most personal feelings to just look at his business style.   That latter issue is what matters.

Let's take one simple example to attempt to discuss:   Is Perry a good choice for Sec. of Energy, after he is well known for his gaffe of not remembering the name of the department he claimed he would get rid of?

A resounding Yes for at least two reasons for now:

1. Forget election trail rhetoric... that is part of what one has to put aside.  If you can't do that, then you'll have a very hard time ever prediction stuff.   Look deeper at the issue.  He wants it gone for a reason... and what reason?  It is mis-managed.

2. As a critic who wants to shut it down, Trump has basically empowered him to FIX IT ...

This is so simple that I can't believe folks don't see this basic approach he takes.   

When you consider a Trump decision, forget anything from the past and ask yourself: What is it he wants to fix ?

That simple question seems to be the best guide I've used.   Nothing personal.

Some of your post is rather condescending toward persons that have studied fascism/authoritarianism, narcissism, and understand Trump's character. My basis has been drawn from myriad sources; academics, journalists, medical professionals and so forth. I will also add my 5.5 years serving in the military during Vietnam, personal business experience and so forth.

In the bold text above; you state it is so simple from your point of view in which you imply that persons with less awareness or intellectual curiosity are unable to grasp such a simple thing. Moreover, to encourage one to forget the lies, innuendo, misogyny and so forth completely misses the point. Trump has behaved in this manner all his life and will not change.

Edited by ralis

Some of your post is rather condescending toward persons that have studied fascism/authoritarianism, narcissism, and understand Trump's character. My basis has been drawn from myriad sources; academics, journalists, medical professionals and so forth. I will also add my 5.5 years serving in the military during Vietnam, personal business experience and so forth.

In the bold text above; you state it is so simple from your point of view in which you imply that persons with less awareness or intellectual curiosity are unable to grasp such a simple thing. Moreover, to encourage one to forget the lies, innuendo, misogyny and so forth completely misses the point, in that Trump has behaved in this manner all his life and will not change.

I say nothing about fascism/authoritarianism, narcissism... other than to forget it.    None of that predicted the outcome.  So i am not relying on it.   I accept others might continue to rely on such sources.  That is simply where we disagree and time will tell the outcome.

I say it is simple to imply once one lets go of the stuff I mention, other stuff becomes clear.  It is simply that idea I present.  I left that other stuff behind and then I understood a great deal more.    If others want to hold to them, that is their choice.  We will just come to different conclusions at this point.

• Like 1

That whole YouTube list (Keith Olberman's "The Resistance" commentary series on the GQ channel) is very interesting.

this is probably the worst video i have ever seen. 

• Like 2

all we(USA) do is interfere with other country's elections. 

What do you think spreading "democracy" in the middle east means?

• Like 1

I really hope that guy in the video isn't serious.

the comment section is funny though:

Nov 7. "There is literally no way the Elections could be rigged"

Nov 9. "Russia rigged the elections"

Come on guys.

• Like 1

I really hope that guy in the video isn't serious.

the comment section is funny though:

Nov 7. "There is literally no way the Elections could be rigged"

Nov 9. "Russia rigged the elections"

Come on guys.

Oh, he's totally serious -- and he is taken seriously. Watch a few more of his videos on that YT channel (his "show" was recently renamed "The Resistance" in response to the election results, BTW) and then read a bit about him: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keith_Olbermann
  • Like 1