Sign in to follow this  
mvingon

For the Dumb Liberals, Especially Progressives

In the final hours before the Christmas holiday weekend, U.S. President Barack Obama on Friday quietly signed the 2017 National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) into law—and buried within the $619 billion military budget (pdf) is a controversial provision that establishes a national anti-propaganda center that critics warn could be dangerous for press freedoms.

When a government is telling you what to think, fascism that destroys government is certainly needed. 

• Like 3

In the final hours before the Christmas holiday weekend, U.S. President Barack Obama on Friday [/size]quietly signed the 2017 National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) into law—and buried within the [/size]$619 billion military budget (pdf) is a controversial provision that establishes a national anti-propaganda center that critics warn could be dangerous for press freedoms.[/size]

When a government is telling you what to think, fascism that destroys government is certainly needed. 

If you are an advocate for fascism then you don't have a clue!!

Seems the forum has both an Inner Party member and an Outer Party member now. Makes it even more fun to watch but the innocents aren't really worth playing with.

Seems the forum has both an Inner Party member and an Outer Party member now. Makes it even more fun to watch but the innocents aren't really worth playing with.

One on Soros' payroll and the other on Russia's payroll ;)

Oh this crazy world...

If Dao Bums is now going to be trolled by this kind of partisan baiting crap, I'm going to have to re-evaluate my presence here.

• Like 1

If one is advocating fascism as a means to an end then I will speak out against it!! So far I am the only one.

• Like 1

If Dao Bums is now going to be trolled by this kind of partisan baiting crap, I'm going to have to re-evaluate my presence here.

I said thank you to your post because of agreeing with partisan baiting of the title...not because of wanting you to re-evaluate your (valuable) presence here.

Tensions are high with politics this year. In a sense this is a good thing, because it makes everyone more aware of things happening which affect us.

• Like 1

I have not seen you speak out against fascism that is being proposed by one here.

I said thank you to your post because of agreeing with partisan baiting of the title...not because of wanting you to re-evaluate your (valuable) presence here.

Tensions are high with politics this year. In a sense this is a good thing, because it makes everyone more aware of things happening which affect us.

You thanked MoonNiNite for his remarks that fascism is a positive means to an end. Difficult to imagine such a response.

I have not seen you speak out against fascism that is being proposed by one here.

Sure you have -- many times and in many threads -- you just haven't recognized my message because you are still wrapped up in that fraudulent left versus right thing.

Forced collectivism is a crime against humanity regardless of the style of uniform it wears in any particular iteration. Clear enough?

• Like 2

Sure you have -- many times and in many threads -- you just haven't recognized my message because you are still wrapped up in that fraudulent left versus right thing.

Forced collectivism is a crime against humanity regardless of the style of uniform it wears in any particular iteration. Clear enough?

I was specifically referring to MoonNiNites remarks. Actually I am not wrapped up in any one ideology but taking a specific position.

You thanked MoonNiNite for his remarks that fascism is a positive means to an end. Difficult to imagine such a response.

I actually misread the part where he said it's a means to an end, due to reading too fast...I thought he was speaking against it. I liked his post due to bringing the anti-propaganda bill to our attention.

• Like 1

If you are an advocate for fascism then you don't have a clue!!

Lol, it is fascism that is anti-government, anti-control, and pro-freedom lol. 

The idea of America as it was intended. 

• Like 1

Lol, it is fascism that is anti-government, anti-control, and pro-freedom lol. 

The idea of America as it was intended.

Really? That is what the Germans and Italians believed in the 1930's.

• Like 1

Really? That is what the Germans and Italians believed in the 1930's.

You are the one that labels my advocacy for dismantling an overly oppressive and controlling government as "fascism".

I call it freedom. 

The Germans quickly recovered and became powerful in the 1930s because they got rid of USERY ("making money with money", something aristotle was also strongly against.) and focused on infrastructure ("building highways").

• Like 1

You are the one that labels my advocacy for dismantling an overly oppressive and controlling government as "fascism".

I call it freedom. 

The Germans quickly recovered and became powerful in the 1930s because they got rid of USERY ("making money with money", something aristotle was also strongly against.) and focused on infrastructure ("building highways").

And it lead to the buildup of a war machine, genocide and millions of dead. You have no clue!!

And it lead to the buildup of a war machine, genocide and millions of dead. You have no clue!!

War machines are created by powerful governments. 

What we have been doing around the world for the past 16 years is just being a war machine. 

Obama had troops around Russian border, and then got mad when the Russians want to fortify their borders. 

Obama was stressing WW3

I come here to get away from that non-sense. I know it will be everywhere because naturally Americans want to swallow the entire planet with their infantile political problems. But as I am a spiritually focused person, comments like "dumb liberals" are distractive. Their only intention is to stoke antagonism without compassion.

• Like 4

We are being taxed close to 40% and that money is going towards constant Drone strikes and fighting/funding ISIS. 

We are nothing but a constant war machine. You shouldn't fear the build-up of a war machine.

The war machine has already been built. 

War machines are created by powerful governments. 

What we have been doing around the world for the past 16 years is just being a war machine. 

Obama had troops around Russian border, and then got mad when the Russians want to fortify their borders. 

Obama was stressing WW3

Before you state fascism as being a panacea then you had best understand it. What you are proposing can and will lead to violence.

Before you state fascism as being a panacea then you had best understand it. What you are proposing can and will lead to violence.

Lol just because you call my advocation for less government as "fascism", doesn't mean you can say i'm dangerous because i'm a fascist. 

You're calling the apple a grape and then telling everyone how bad grapes are. 

• Like 1

I was specifically referring to MoonNiNites remarks. Actually I am not wrapped up in any one ideology but taking a specific position.

You are totally wrapped up in one ideology, ralis -- the only real question is whether you honestly don't realize it or you honestly believe others don't.
  • Like 1

You are totally wrapped up in one ideology, ralis -- the only real question is whether you honestly don't realize it or you honestly believe others don't.

If you think I am naive, unaware or whatever, you are greatly mistaken. Further there is one here that believes fascism is good thing. There are many around that feel the same and that is a direct threat to freedom loving persons.

• Like 1

If you think I am naive, unaware or whatever, you are greatly mistaken. Further there is one here that believes fascism is good thing. There are many around that feel the same and that is a direct threat to freedom loving persons.

I've told you many times that I don't think you are unaware or naive or innocent, ralis.

I would remind the readers of this thread that the first- and second-generation American Progressive intellectual/political elite were big fans of Mussolini, Lenin, Stalin and Hitler until it became expedient to not be. Then they announced that part of that crowd were really "the other guys."

Funny how that works, isn't it?

E Pluribus Unum , Pledge of Allegiance and all that...

• Like 1

a direct threat to freedom loving persons.

What do you think of the anti-propaganda bill in light of all recent events? Is it good for the government to try to decide what we can think, or what information we even have access to?

Sign in to follow this