Buddy

Ken Wilber Stops His Brain Waves

Archimedes said, With a big enough lever- I can move the world.

I say

With enough beer- I can stop my brain waves. B)

It would be fun to rent out these machines. I believe Anne Wise uses a similar machine in her research. There is the game 'Journey to the Wild Divine"(sp) that controlled w/ biofeedback that just measures skin resistance. They do have a new version of their game out and ship it with some additional biofeedback games.

No EEG model yet.

Michael

Archimedes said, With a big enough lever- I can move the world.

I say

With enough beer- I can stop my brain waves. B)

It would be fun to rent out these machines. I believe Anne Wise uses a similar machine in her research. There is the game 'Journey to the Wild Divine"(sp) that controlled w/ biofeedback that just measures skin resistance. They do have a new version of their game out and ship it with some additional biofeedback games.

No EEG model yet.

Michael

Yes, there was some great work on this from an italian researcher. It has not been translated though, and so it is fairly unknown.

I would REALLY like to have one of those machine. If anyone finda a way to get hold of one, please let me know. I suspect that with the explosion of technology the prices should be going down to the point to be affordable even for modest amatours like us.

Cheers,

Pietro

interesting, thanks.

Renting it might be the best thing.

Actually the EEG machineone used by the italian researcher (whose name is Nitamo Federico di Montecucco) is a Brain Olotester. Very similar, only it also has a measure of how the right and left brain wave are in tune.

I just found the company which presumebly produced it for Nitamo, and I sent them a mail asking for the prices.

http://www.elemaya.com/XProgetti.htm

Nitamo wrote a book on his results. Most of it is pretty philosophical, but one chapter had the rigour of a scientific paper, and that chapter I have found in the past in the internet. Too bad is in Italian!

I used to have an EEG machine that hooked up to my computer and run experiments via software. Like trying to make your brainwaves visually flow within a certain range or else a buzzer would sound when you went out of bounds. Very interesting process to do this because you have to tap into subtle states that ordinarily do not give you feedback when you move in and out of them. I bought it after going through a 40 session neurofeedback therapy for ADD symptoms. Pretty fun, but I got sick of the whole process of cleaning the electrodes pasting electrodes to my head which left gunk on my scalp, etc. I remember seeing this electrode headset that was advertised as not needing the conductivity paste but it was out of my budget. Anyway, eventually sold it. Damn, now I regret it, I kind of miss that thing. I forgot the model I had but I think it was supposed to be $3k but I bought it used for much cheaper. I've read decent things about the Waverider but this was many years ago.

Sean