Sign in to follow this  
Mia

Hi!

Hi i'm a Taoist bum :D

My name is Mia

Glad to be here, im very interested in meeting like-minded people because there arent any around me, thus making me introverted.... which is actually awesome when your a taoist. lol

• Like 3

Hello, Mia and welcome.

Your membership is approved and we're happy you found your way to us. We look forward to accompanying you on some of the way that you still have to go.

Please take the time to read the post pinned at the top of this Welcome page and take a look at the forum Terms and Rules.   This covers all you need to know when getting started.

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

Marblehead and the TDB team

Hi Mia,

I thought you were going to say that you are missing in action.  Okay, not missing except missing others to talk Daoism with.  We are here for you and with you.

You are welcome to jump right in ongoing discussions, revive an older thread, start a new thread of your own, or start a discussion in the "Newcomer Corner" sub-forms to expand on your introduction or ask general questions to help you get started.

May you enjoy your time here.

Marblehead

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Mia said:

thus making me introverted.... which is actually awesome when your a taoist. lol

Good morning Mia,

It is 6:45 am from where I am. Welcome.

I am not too clear on the above. You mean - it is awesome for a Taoist to be introverted? If so, why?

- LimA

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Limahong said:

I am not too clear on the above. You mean - it is awesome for a Taoist to be introverted? If so, why?

Because when you spend time alone you can cultivate in peace and meditate undisturbed.  The tao has taught me to love myself and never feel lonely. The entire universe is right here inside me =) 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Mia said:

Because when you spend time alone you can cultivate in peace and meditate undisturbed.  The tao has taught me to love myself and never feel lonely. The entire universe is right here inside me =) 

Hi Mia,

Good answer. I accept. Thank you.

But don't be an introvert at TDB.

You won't right?

Otherwise you would not have joined TDB.

Right? I think I am right.

I am not wrong, right?

But of course - I am right.

- LimA

Edited by Limahong
Correct errors.
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Limahong said:

Right? I think I am right.

I am not wrong, right?

But of course - I am right.

- LimA

oh my gosh i love this place!!!! thank you!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mia said:

thank you!

Hi Mia,

Thank you for starting this thread.

You are happy, right?

I am also happy.

- LimA

1 hour ago, Lost in Translation said:

INTJ and proud of it. Striving to one day be INTP. Forced to be ENTJ at work. How exhausting!

Hi Lost in Translation,

INTJ? INTP? ENTJ? Something is wrong, right?

Do you know what is not right?

I think it is LiT.

Right?

- LimA

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Limahong said:

Right?

Hi Mia and Lost in Translation,

Wrong or right.

It is good night.

I will sleep tight.

Then - sunlight!

Divine blessings.

- LimA

Edited by Limahong
Correct errors.
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, Lost in Translation said:

INTJ and proud of it. Striving to one day be INTP. Forced to be ENTJ at work. How exhausting!

Hi Lost in Translation,

INTJ and proud of it.

Insane nonsensical Taoist joker?

Striving to one day be INTP.

Imploding non-ending Taoist problem?

Forced to be ENTJ at work.

Entertainer + Nobody + Taoist + Janitor?

How exhausting!

But of course.

A great weekend.

- LimA

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Limahong said:

Hi Lost in Translation,

INTJ and proud of it.

Insane nonsensical Taoist joker?

Striving to one day be INTP.

Imploding non-ending Taoist problem?

Forced to be ENTJ at work.

Entertainer + Nobody + Taoist + Janitor?

How exhausting!

But of course.

A great weekend.

- LimA

Close. Google "Meyers Briggs".

3 hours ago, Lost in Translation said:

"Myers Briggs".

Hi Lost in Translation,

But of course.

The Myers–Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) is an introspective self-report questionnaire with the purpose of indicating differing psychological preferences in how people perceive the world around them and make decisions.

The MBTI was constructed by Katharine Cook Briggs and her daughter Isabel Briggs Myers. It is based on the conceptual theory proposed by Carl Jung, who had speculated that there are four principal psychological functions by which humans experience the world – sensation, intuition, feeling, and thinking – and that one of these four functions is dominant for a person most of the time.

Although popular in the business sector, the MBTI exhibits significant psychometric deficiencies, notably including poor validity (i.e. not measuring what it purports to measure) and poor reliability (giving different results for the same person on different occasions).

INTJ PERSONALITY (“THE ARCHITECT”)

It’s lonely at the top, and being one of the rarest and most strategically capable personality types, INTJs know this all too well. INTJs form just two percent of the population, and women of this personality type are especially rare, forming just 0.8% of the population – it is often a challenge for them to find like-minded individuals who are able to keep up with their relentless intellectualism and chess-like manoeuvring. People with the INTJ personality type are imaginative yet decisive, ambitious yet private, amazingly curious, but they do not squander their energy.

INTP PERSONALITY (“THE LOGICIAN”)

Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. 

Albert Einstein

The INTP personality type is fairly rare, making up only three percent of the population, which is definitely a good thing for them, as there’s nothing they’d be more unhappy about than being "common". INTPs pride themselves on their inventiveness and creativity, their unique perspective and vigorous intellect. Usually known as the philosopher, the architect, or the dreamy professor, INTPs have been responsible for many scientific discoveries throughout history.

ENTJ PERSONALITY (“THE COMMANDER”)

Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma — which is living with the results of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of others’ opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary. 

Steve Jobs

ENTJs are natural-born leaders. People with this personality type embody the gifts of charisma and confidence, and project authority in a way that draws crowds together behind a common goal. But unlike their Feeling (F) counterpart, ENTJs are characterized by an often ruthless level of rationality, using their drive, determination and sharp minds to achieve whatever end they’ve set for themselves. Perhaps it is best that they make up only three percent of the population, lest they overwhelm the more timid and sensitive personality types that make up much of the rest of the world – but we have ENTJs to thank for many of the businesses and institutions we take for granted every day.

So you are Architectural, Logical and Commanding - an exhausted somebody.

But are you Taoistical - an energetic nobody?

- LimA

1 hour ago, Limahong said:

So you are Architectural, Logical and Commanding - an exhausted somebody.

But are you Taoistical - an energetic nobody?

I am what I need to be, but all I really want to be is... be. 🐣

I hope you find good stuff here. 

Personally I figure that I act extroverted or introverted, largely depending on circumstance though I probably prefer to be on my own a bit more. 

Still I am figuring that everyone or anyone would seek others if they were stuck isolated on an island or if people they could relate to were handy. 

I dont think taoism is all that needing of preponderously isolated situations, much of its input heavily relates to social activity and it would be a waste not to make it be an active real boon in dealing with others. That balance is personal though and we all vary in how much of a social tradeoff we are willing to make.

May it assist you in finding a happy balance.

2 minutes ago, Lost in Translation said:

I am what I need to be, but all I really want to be is... be.

Hi Lost in Translation,

But in reality, what you really want to be may not be the case.

You must be mindful of what William Shakespeare said - 'To be or not to be: that is the question ...'

Now what will your question be in relation to - 'To be or not to be ...'?

Also your family might be upset with your - 'to be... be'.

Be careful. But generally it will be fine for you.

Why will it be so? Well Doris Day sang - 'What will be will be ...'

So be happy. May the Force be with you. Be enforced.

- Lima

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this