Pilgrim

Green Chili Cheese Chicken Enchiladas and other tasty fare.

On 3/1/2019 at 10:17 PM, windwalker said:

brings back memories of my grandma.

she used to even make her own  flour tortillas

I'm not  much of a cook,,,maybe a good time to try...

I make my own corn tortillas. The process is very simple, and a little time consuming. 

Make dough.. mix flour and warm water - adding a dash of sea salt to the flour according to preference. Let it sit about 20 minutes, at which point it should be easy to roll into balls. Adjust as needed.. too dry add water, too sticky add flour. 

Once rolled, flatten. 

Cook on a hot skillet. 

My grandmother taught me how to make toffee, although it is incredibly rich and I don't make it often. 

On 3/1/2019 at 7:28 PM, Pilgrim said:

We mostly hit up Sam's and Walmart as they are side by side here and I will venture into Publix now and then on the way home from work as it is convenient but honestly allot of their stuff is 3 times the price and that is just too much.

How do Sam's organic offerings (fresh produce, packaged foods, snacks, etc) compare with Costco's?

Costco has quite a decent selection, that keeps growing...and they even have stuff like organic, 21-spice seasoning - which I doubt you'd even find at Whole Foods!  So, I've always wondered what Sam's has?

Edited by gendao

Herb Roasted Acorn Squash

400 degrees for 25 minotes or until golden brown 

Cut in slices skin and all after washing well then mix all in bowl then cook

1 large acorn squash (or 2 small)

1/3 cup parmesan cheese

2-3 Tbsp. fresh herbs or 1 tsp. dried (suggest: thyme, sage, rosemary, or oregano)

1 Tbsp. ghee, melted

1/2 tsp. garlic powder

1/4 tsp. sea salt + more to taste

1/8 tsp. black pepper

Edited by Pilgrim

1 hour ago, gendao said:

How do Sam's organic offerings (fresh produce, packaged foods, snacks, etc) compare with Costco's?

Costco has quite a decent selection, that keeps growing...and they even have stuff like organic, 21-spice seasoning - which I doubt you'd even find at Whole Foods!  So, I've always wondered what Sam's has?

Not certain rarely buy produce in bulk there if ever only two people so it would go bad first. Publix in FL is generally better Quality or WinnDIxie