Sebastian

Help Needed to Translate Alchemy Book

Does Jing really transform/change directly into qi or is it a bit more complicated than that? Seems unhealthy to reduce your amount of Jing that this implies, even for such a good cause as more qi.

Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, Sahaja said:

Does Jing really transform/change directly into qi or is it a bit more complicated than that? Seems unhealthy to reduce your amount of Jing that this implies, even for such a good cause as more qi.

I haven't gotten that far yet: I'm at the Xing phase. 

If this book is accurate, and if my reading of it is accurate, then most neidan instructions I've received, from sundry and various masters, haven't even established the initial point. As the Chan masters say, miss by an hair... 

Edited by forestofemptiness

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, forestofemptiness said:

…  most neidan instructions I've received, from sundry and various masters, haven't even established the initial point. As the Chan masters say, miss by an hair... 

(haven’t read the rest of the thread) Lol, this post, as always we get told all others were wrong (without explaining why) and get zero info on what this book actually says. Yawn, snore, bored to tears.

Edited by Cobie

51 minutes ago, forestofemptiness said:

commentary is excellent,

i would love to know what are the exact criteria for excellency (in a nutshell)?

53 minutes ago, forestofemptiness said:

we're still waiting for some one to "stop being lazy" and post their translation of Taoist Yoga on Amazon)

some time ago a guy asked me for it in a PM, i just gifted it to him

55 minutes ago, forestofemptiness said:

as well not even exist. 

it exists for those who tell me what they want, what they really, really want;)

51 minutes ago, Sahaja said:

Does Jing really transform/change directly into qi or is it a bit more complicated than that?

it is much simpler than that.  first thing i tell my students that there is no such thing as Jing;)

19 minutes ago, forestofemptiness said:

then most neidan instructions I've received, from sundry and various masters, haven't even established the initial point.

that is correct;)

2 minutes ago, Taoist Texts said:

Oh no, not the “Based on the Tao Te Ching” again. 

2 minutes ago, Taoist Texts said:

image.png.18242f3964951004a6dc0a7e9a28abfe.png

Righto, enough said. I better leave this thread. <_<

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Cobie said:

(haven’t read the rest of the thread) Lol, this post, as always we get told all others were wrong (without explaining why) and get zero info on what this book actually says. Yawn, snore, bored to tears.

I get it, I've been there. It's because typically when you try to explain it, people just form an idea about it and cling desperately to that idea. Then it makes it even worse than if you said nothing at all. I can let people know what I have found helpful, but since we're all different, some one else may see it differently. Plus, there's no skirting the work. I am amazed at going back over things I encountered 10 or 20 years ago and completely missed the point at the time. 

Having said that, I share resources I find helpful and engaging in discussions that may benefit myself or others. 

2 hours ago, Taoist Texts said:

i would love to know what are the exact criteria for excellency (in a nutshell)?

I would say it is really a matter of recognition rather than a specific list of criteria. Like when you recognize an old friend even if they changed their hair color or happen to be speaking another language. You know it when you see it. 

But to break it down in mental pieces, what I look for is whether what is being described it clear, accurate, and thorough with what I know to be the case, having spent some time in my own study and practice. Then I give extra points for avoiding common mistakes and errors. When it clarifies some matter was not entirely clear before, I would say it is excellent. Obviously, one's opinion may change depending on where they are. There are other things, but I don't want to get into them. 

If people think it's dumb, that's cool. If people enjoy it, that's cool, too. I'm not going to get upset because some one tells me the sky is red with purple polka dots or I have an elephant head. 

Edited by forestofemptiness
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Cobie said:

Oh no, not the “Based on the Tao Te Ching” again. 

Righto, enough said. I better leave this thread. <_<

But ... dont you want to find out what these New Age religions are  ? 

We could do a comparative religion study on them .  Now let's see .... what are New Age religions .  hang on I will look it up

Oh, apparently there are not any ..... just 'movements'  ... none have made it to 'religion status' yet .

" New Age spirituality is very hard to pin down or categorize. There is no particular dogma, central organization, or particular leader. It's truly an amalgam of various ideas and leaders and if asked a follower would be hard pressed to name any one belief system they prescribe to. ... 

The new age 'religion' seems made up by mixing those percentages of the population together that believe ;

• 8% believe in astrology as a method of foretelling the future
  • 7% believe that crystals are a source of healing or energizing power
  • 9% believe that Tarot Cards are a reliable base for life decisions
  • About 1 in 4 believe in a non-traditional concept of the nature of God which are often associated with New Age thinking:
  • 11% believe that God is "a state of higher consciousness that a person may reach"
  • 8% define God as "the total realization of personal, human potential"
  • 3% believe that each person is God. "

So, if you extract those people from the population, there is your 'congregation ' .

image.png.1e6b65054fb695b84985d131bb362f91.png

There you go Cobie .... and I did all of that while carefully including nothing you could associate with a penis.

Edited by Nungali

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Nungali said:

… Tarot Cards …

I like Tarot cards. :)

Edited by Cobie
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Nungali said:

New Age … believe: …

I also like auras and chakras, you forgot those. 

Edited by Cobie

Posted (edited)

I forgot I had left this thread. :lol: 

Edited by Cobie
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Cobie said:

I also like auras and chakras, you forgot those. 

I dont think I have ever met any one that said ;

" I dont like chakras ! :angry:  "       

:D   

Edited by Nungali