Sign in to follow this  
Xienkula1

Tensegrity and Golden Dragon/Diamond Body?

ok back to the topic

Perhaps you could try out these moves and share your feelings?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18w4v7oZJhA

Instead of doing these lame magical passes I prefer thousand fold doing my kung fu practice

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=uIXeXQMErWc

(this is not my style but you have a pretty good idea)

check this at minute 4:30 and you will see what really means "unbending intent"

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=HMxTKAnMZ4A

Edited by steam

You may find these exercises lame, and you are entitled to your opinions. To compare Tensegrity with a martial art just shows your ignorance about its purpose. They are not for combat, they are for redeploying energy.

Not all energy practices have the speed, elegance, and precision of Kung Fu, but that does not make them ineffective. Do Kung Fu much longer, and you may experience some unpleasant wear and tear. One could easily judge another practice like shaking and say, that is a retarded practice because from the outside it looks silly. However, to the shaker, the onlooking gawker who is to inhibited to move is the one who looks dumb. It is all a matter of perspective.

Edited by Xienkula1

They are not for combat, they are for redeploying energy.

Not all energy practices have the speed, elegance, and precision of Kung Fu, but that does not make them ineffective. Do Kung Fu much longer, and you may experience some unpleasant wear and tear. One could easily judge another practice like shaking and say, that is a retarded practice because from the outside it looks silly. However, to the shaker, the onlooking gawker who is to inhibited to move is the one who looks dumb. It is all a matter of perspective.

I totally agree with you. Actually tensegrity movements purposes is to create body awareness and strengthening of the tendons. Read the CCs books and you will find somewhere don Juan's explanations.

ANY Chinese martial art have the same purpose. Bodhidharma introduced martial arts to a Chan Buddhist monastery because of that. There are a lot of religions/spiritual schools that created such exercises for the same purpose. Gurdjieff created sacred dances inspired by the sufi and other esoteric practices he encountered in central Asia.

Gurdjieff Sacred Dances

By performing such movements you destroy bad habbits (wrong crystallization) and create the so called "crystallization of the soul". Any school that combine meditation (mental exercises) with body exercises is a genuine school. I am not saying that tensegrity doesn't work. What am I saying is that for don Juan lineage of Mexican sorcerers tensegrity was the only thing available in their time and place, which they perfected in their own way and which was the only thing available for western people back in the 60s - 70s. Today the spiritual market is different and abundant...and you have a lot of choices to pick.

peace

P.S. tensegrity means tension and integrity, these principles are in all internal martial arts such as xingyi, bagua, taiji, yiquan

Edited by steam

A single biological center unites all the States of Being and various practices into a spectrum of potential and spontaneous human opportunity. Rain wets us all the same. How one shakes, wipes, brushes or lets it roll off their shoulders is up to them.

The big picture can bring about very small points that seem far away, but are actually very close to us, the only thing being between a thin veil of a turtle shell.

They guy behind me can't stand to have a vinyl record in a format that he can't hear!

Seeking Souls Around.

Bounding Bounce Grounds.

Sleeping NoWHere Tonight.

Edited by Spectrum

I am the work of the only God, His creation.

He created you,

He uttered you like a flower, he painted you like a song

a Toltec artist.

The book has come to the end.

Your heart is complete.

I cry as I speak and discourse with my heart.

Let me implant it here on earth so it may be realised

My song is hard and flourishes

My implanted word is sprouting.

Our flowers stand up in the rain.

-From the Nahuatl

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Tensegrity is essential preparation for dreaming practice

entering Sea of Awareness,

which has nothing to do with water.

Edited by Xienkula1

To seek freedom is the only driving force I know. Freedom is to fly off into that infinity out there. Freedom is to dissolve; to lift off; to be like the flame of a candle, which, in spite of being up against the light of a billion stars, remains intact, because it never pretended to be more than what it is: a mere candle.

Don Juan Matus, The Art of Dreaming

Hi there all found this article on casteneda, pretty interesting i am fairly neutral about the whole thing and love castanedas books but i guess thats where it stops for me ive never had much of an interest in doing tensegrity or any other practices, theres some stuff about tensegrity toward the end of the article

http://www.salon.com/books/feature/2007/04/12/castaneda/

Tensegrity came from Buckys integrative experiences. Not original terminology, although an interesting crossover of pioneer like thinking. Creative popularization using Castenadas experiences as a base for further "teaching"...

Casteneda's first lesson was to find his place under the eves of Don Juans porch.

Tensegrity is essential preparation for dreaming practice

entering Sea of Awareness,

which has nothing to do with water.

I wonder who pricks or plucks the Needle from the Bottom of the Sea?

Sign in to follow this