Shadow_self

Nathan Brine Revised Material

17 minutes ago, Wilhelm said:

Ah shit.  Better pack it in, fellas!  The internet said alchemy is bad for you.LnBuZw

You must understand...you are talking about someone who was quoting Chidragon as a source at one stage

If you dont know who that is, you're honestly better off keeping it that way 

You can tell whether or not  person has any knowledge of these matters based on their posts. As this thread has once again highlighted, they do not know what they are talking about.

Moreover, you can see by the attitude, they dont want to either.

Edited by Shadow_self
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Cobie said:

:lol: Alchemy 101 - How to transform ‘lead’ into ‘gold’. 

1. Put ‘lead’ in pill. 2. Give pill to gullible Emperor. 3. Get gold in return :P

That sounds about right.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cobie said:

So too is using ‘mercury

I have seen a yogi settlement closed group that chased immortality with mercury elixirs. It is just a rabbit hole a sensible being would avoid. Same as breatharianism.

1 hour ago, Cobie said:

Just like now you trust your teacher

I believe Mitchell is next Mantak, massive ego, no skill, and Freeform teacher is not much different either. The whole lineage they promote around fervently is just a dead schrodinger cat reality with various persona cults to worship and no actual attainments or siddhis. Dead end path.

When non-awakened beings teach, it leads to a disaster or a cult.

That said, Nathan Brine is truly impressive, teaching various kinds of breathing as foundation training.
Why train for several thousand hours, and go through the whole schooling process, when you can breathe and watch prerecorded lectures?

The target audience of this program must be housewives and the elderly.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Shadow_self said:

You must understand...you are talking about someone who was quoting Chidragon as a source at one stage

Who is this ChiDragon? Is he still here? I would like to meet him.

Edited by Mango
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Mango said:

Who is this ChiDragon? Is he still here?

ChiDragon is a self-taught taiji and qigong practitioner.

He considers himself an authority on both subjects based on his translations of Chinese source material.

His ideas and interpretations are literal and practical but his lack of any guidance or instruction results in limited and often mis- understanding.

I believe he was suspended or banned from the site a while back but you can search on his name and then his content and there are volumes of posts to explore.

Enjoy!

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Neirong said:

I have seen a yogi settlement closed group that chased immortality with mercury elixirs. It is just a rabbit hole a sensible being would avoid. Same as breatharianism.

I believe Mitchell is next Mantak, massive ego, no skill, and Freeform teacher is not much different either. The whole lineage they promote around fervently is just a dead schrodinger cat reality with various persona cults to worship and no actual attainments or siddhis. Dead end path.

That said, Nathan Brine is truly impressive, teaching various kinds of breathing as foundation training.
Why train for several thousand hours, and go through the whole schooling process, when you can breathe and watch prerecorded lectures?

surprising how someone who sets himself up as a teacher has so much insecurity he needs to make denigrating remarks about other teachers, about housewifes and the elderly to prop up his self-esteem

all categories of people who, in general,  earn respect.

Housewifes take care of kids, the sick and the elderly. A societal task of utmost importance.  It's very probable you're mother was a housewife at least when you were small. I would not make denigrating remarks about housewifes if I were you.

Concerning the elderly, they need to be venerated, not denigrated. They're part of our society and our societal karma.

I've no idea what Mitchell has done to you but you're far of the mark.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Neirong said:

You believe a lot of things. Plenty to say, nothing to show.

My observation is every post you make is just complete nonsense bashing teachers with skill or some advertisement for your made up system

You post history here says everything anyone ever needs to know. Whether it be GSMaster or Xiangong or Neirong or whatever you want to call yourself.

And you are all of those people, its easily observable, even if the mods choose to ignore it

You are incapable of making a rational, logical argument or a coherent, well thought out point and quite honestly, your knowledge of even basics is woeful at best.

You cant even give an answer out of a fear of being exposed

The fact that your marketing ploy is to try and bash other teachers in an attempt to big yourself up...that says it all really. Its also indicative of just how ineffective your own practice has been

If anyone ever needed a lesson in who to stay away from

You are a shining example

Edited by Shadow_self
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, Neirong said:

I believe Mitchell is next Mantak, massive ego, no skill, and Freeform teacher is not much different either. 

Freeform has stated that he can wiggle each vertebrae of his spine individually.  That's a skill that might not seem that practical until you consider the degree of bodily awareness it requires.  If learning under Freeform's teacher results in that kind of sensitivity sign me up!  (Oh wait, his teacher doesn't want the notoriety and isn't seeking students from this forum -- shucks!)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Neirong said:

schrodinger cat reality with various persona cults to worship and no actual attainments or siddhis. Dead end path.

Haha - oh the irony! :lol:

The dude with no name and some demonic cartoon persona… no history… no teachers… no lineage… nothing to show but denigration of others to bolster his own self identity. 

And for a low low price of only $2800 a year you can chat to him on discord :rolleyes:

I rather chat to ChiDragon :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

34 minutes ago, liminal_luke said:

(Oh wait, his teacher doesn't want the notoriety and isn't seeking students from this forum -- shucks!)

I cant blame him. Take a good look around you.

A vast majority of people aren't seeking actual spirituality. 99% of people are looking for superpowers, qi emission or want to do something with sex or some other strange divergent goal

The reality is, and I don't like saying this, Spiritual work is transformative, in a very destructive way. It is subtractive

It will tear down who you think you are, your personality, your life, your relationships, your beliefs, what you think are your winning personality traits

You'll be forced to eat bitter truth after bitter truth about yourself, and you will lose a lot in the process, including people you hold dear to your heart.

Because they are used to the acquired you, not the true you

In the last few weeks, I have had more and more people contacting me (as I started to flesh my posts out) asking about my teachers..especially the Buddhist one.

My answer is always the same.

I'm sorry, but I cannot tell you. That's not up to me.

Its making me start to regret mentioning it, because now I have to disappoint people when they ask me questions.

The people who wanted to find @freeform teacher, would find him if they are meant to. The same way freeform found him

The same is true of any non public teacher...you'll find them if you are destined to.

If you want to help your chances, find a good public teacher. Because you can be sure if you are meant to happen upon these people...there'll be plenty of tests before they'll agree to show you anything

In regards to actual spirituality then, and not just general esoteric arts.

There's a massive chasm from the latter that wont be able for the former. Attachment after attachment, magic this, evocation that, fa qi this, ritual that.

It is a very easy way to start writing a shopping list for your next incarnation

I dont mean that in a derogatory way, its just what I know to be the case based my interactions with teachers (plural) and practitioners

Edited by Shadow_self
  • Like 6

6 minutes ago, freeform said:

Haha - oh the irony! :lol:

The dude with no name and some demonic cartoon persona… no history… no teachers… no lineage… nothing to show but denigration of others to bolster his own self identity. 

And for a low low price of only $2800 a year you can chat to him on discord :rolleyes:

I rather chat to ChiDragon :)

You forgot the laser eyes :lol:

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, steve said:

ChiDragon is a self-taught taiji and qigong practitioner.

He considers himself an authority on both subjects based on his translations of Chinese source material.

Once ChiDragon sent out a video of himself ‘practicing Zhang Zhuang’…

Everyone here was a bit confused coz the video was showing how he could almost (but not quite) balance by standing on a plank placed on a couple of bricks.

Turns out he did a direct translation of Zhang Zhuang… which comes out as something like post-standing or plank-standing. So that’s what he thought this practice is all about :lol:

🤦‍♂️

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, freeform said:

Everyone here was a bit confused coz the video was showing how he could almost (but not quite) balance by standing on a plank placed on a couple of bricks.

What do you mean by almost (but not quite) balance? Did he fall off the plank? If he didn't fall, doesn't that mean he had maintained his balance? 

41 minutes ago, liminal_luke said:

(Oh wait, his teacher doesn't want the notoriety and isn't seeking students from this forum -- shucks!)

It’s not that he doesn’t want students from this forum… he doesn’t want any new students or patients at all. He’s retired from public life years ago - and only continues teaching his old students on a very casual basis. (Whereas we used to live with him full time in the beginning).

When I first heard about him, I moved to the same area, but I still couldn’t just go train with him… I had to be introduced - which meant I had to train with another teacher (who I didn’t like at all) for 3 months before I’d get introduced… That in itself was a lot of money and a lot of wasted time.

Then he still wouldn’t teach me… So I worked out who one of his senior students was (had to get my girlfriend to stalk him :ph34r:) I managed to get friendly with him and started training under him for several months before I could meet the teacher again…

Urgh not that laowai again :lol:

But that’s when he just told me to sit still until he comes back (and luckily by that time I already knew this trick)… he only came back 3 or 4 hours later (hoping I’d be gone I imagine!)

Teaching is a massive responsibility for my teacher… for most spiritual teachers. It’s akin to fostering a child or getting married - you’re not gonna jump into it just like that… 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Mango said:

What do you mean by almost (but not quite) balance? Did he fall off the plank? If he didn't fall, doesn't that mean he had maintained his balance? 

He was very unsteady - rocking back and forth on it :) 

Im sure the video is still somewhere here

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, freeform said:

He was very unsteady - rocking back and forth on it :) 

Im sure the video is still somewhere here

Okay!
So, by your definition, he was not balanced even though he was trying to maintain standing on the plank by his rocking motion. Do you expect him to fall off without trying to stay on the plank?

45 minutes ago, freeform said:

Turns out he did a direct translation of Zhang Zhuang… which comes out as something like post-standing or plank-standing. So that’s what he thought this practice is all about :lol:

🤦‍♂️

Time for some nostalgia :lol:

He did this with everything...everything was literal and he didnt realise the issues with this..especially related to texts

The DDJ, if people only knew how much could be gleaned from it ;) 

To direct it is to fail.
To grasp it is to lose it.
Some things go ahead, some follow,

some breathe slowly, some breathe fast,
some are strong, some are weak,

some grow in strength, some decay.

3 hours ago, Shadow_self said:

…  Chidragon …

Most of my convos on OD were with Chidragon.

I found him to be a mine of information. And, much more importantly, a good person.

We disagreed on almost everything, :lol: good times, but I certainly learned a lot from him

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Cobie said:

Most of my convos on OD were with Chidragon.

I can see that

I found him to be a mine of information.

Unfortunately, Chidragon is a mine of misinformation.

That's kind of the point here

Anyone with a rudimentary understanding of matters related to things like tai chi, qigong, neigong, neidan, the DDJ and so forth have spent endless hours correcting his very false assertions

His issue is he was never exposed to the real stuff, so decided to start doing his own mental math. This never ends well.

And, much more importantly, a good person.

I think his intentions were good...execution not so much

We disagreed on almost everything, :lol: good times, but I certainly learned a lot from him

I think unlearning might be useful in certain places. Especially relating to practical matters

58 minutes ago, Shadow_self said:

Anyone with a rudimentary understanding … have spent endless hours correcting his very false assertions …

:lol:

“Anyone” that spends “endless hours correcting … very false assertions”,  

has not got very far along the spiritual path as yet. :)

Edited by Cobie

7 minutes ago, Shadow_self said:

… doing his own mental math. …

That’s wisdom.

Following someone else’s path will never get you were you need to be.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Neirong said:

… immortality with mercury elixirs. It is just a rabbit hole a sensible being would avoid. Same as breatharianism.

Exactly.

53 minutes ago, Shadow_self said:

The DDJ, if people only knew how much could be gleaned from it

:lol: 

Rather, “if people only knew” to read the characters.

Because if you don’t, you do not know what the DDJ says. 

Edited by Cobie
  • Thanks 1