Posted (edited)

教 jiao1 - teach 

oracle bone: 
image.png.cbab9cdae069a52562cac1e274dc3b06.png

:blink: Is that pa and ma ‘teaching’ the kids by beating them with a stick? :o 

Edited by Cobie

8 hours ago, old3bob said:

there is no ceasing in the Joy and Freedom of the Self,  fanatical like negation or a lute strung to tightly will snap...  Btw. the general forum is supposedly eclectic although we tend to toot our chosen ways which is ok as long as don't negate those that are following universal like dharmas that no one owns or has a monopoly on.

This probably doesn’t concern me but I have no idea what this means, so I want to check - am I being accused of something?  :ph34r:

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 7/19/2024 at 12:14 AM, Cobie said:

教 jiao1 - teach 

oracle bone: 
image.png.cbab9cdae069a52562cac1e274dc3b06.png

:blink: Is that pa and ma ‘teaching’ the kids by beating them with a stick? :o 

image.png.db3bd5b741b249394de6ef224440138f.png

good question but no they teach their child how to work with a tool. on the left- the mother teaches how to weave a mat out of plants, on the right - the father teaches how to hunt birds with a bow and arrow. the pics are quite touching actually.

Edited by Taoist Texts
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Cobie said:

This probably doesn’t concern me but I have no idea what this means, so I want to check - am I being accused of something?  :ph34r:

nope, was just a general statement

• Thanks 1

I have no idea what this means:

On 08/09/2024 at 9:36 PM, ChiDragon said:

I am glad you said that. Somebody else might take it for granted but I have my reservation on it. It sounds like all Chinese talks I heard in my life. I know if I ask any Chinese teacher, one will snow me with anything. I won't take it for granted but verify it with modern science.

It’s a response to “that’s basically a cop-out”, which was in response to my post:

On 08/09/2024 at 7:46 PM, Cobie said:

… All this ‘bone marrow storage’ might be based in mistranslations of 烏肝 (raven’s liver) and 兔髓 (rabbit marrow).

Edited by Cobie

59 minutes ago, Cobie said:

It’s a response to “that’s basically a cop-out”, which was in response to my post:

No,Cobie, What you said is not related to anything we had discussed here.  Ok, you have fun on your vacation.

• Like 1