Hi, I want to know which veg food is good for increasing Jing and chi 

Jing- Shu di Huang

Qi- Ren Shen

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Maddie said:

Jing- Shu di Huang

Qi- Ren Shen

How is Shudi Huang aka Rehmannia a food?..   Also, it is not known in Chinese medicine to increase jing.

Ren Shen, better known in English as ginseng, sort of is...  though it's not that easy to make a meal of either, considering a typical dose used in cooking (a few grams).  Very old ginseng (from hard to find and very expensive 20+ years old roots up to impossible to obtain and costing more than their weight in gold 60+ years old roots, all the way to the legendary 120+ years old ginseng that can all but raise the dead) is reputed to replenish jing.          

4 hours ago, Chang dao ling said:

Hi, I want to know which veg food is good for increasing Jing and chi 

The traditional list of jing-replenishing foods is very short, 90% non-vegetarian, and 80% pretty exotic.

As for qi increasing foods, they are organ-specific, i.e. they can increase qi of a particular organ-system-function, not "generic" qi.  Some of these can also accomplish the task simply by being avoided.  Some work only in certain combinations with other ingredients and require specific preparation methods.  The study of a dietary approach to manipulating one's qi with foods is extensive.  You could gain some useful knowledge from books on the subject by some reputable authors (e.g. Henry C. Lu). 

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Taomeow said:

How is Shudi Huang aka Rehmannia a food?..   

I was using the term food loosely as in something you ingest lol. Ok fine its not a food but still accomplishes the mission lol. 🤪(there isn't much that is vegetarian and not poisonous that does the job so I had to stretch things a bit)

Edited by Maddie

In general eat more fresh vegetables and fruits organic is best. If you have a blender you can blend broccoli and carrots with berries and some fruit and oils and drink it daily and use adaptogens like rhodiola, ginseng, tongkat ali, maca, 

Fasting and breathwork can also work wonders. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Water might help with increasing Chi. I'm trying to drink more water. This is based off electrical charge and currents conductivity. This is a theory I have rattling around in my head based on current conversations with someone in particular. 

Deer antler helps kids with severe Jing deficiency based on Paul Pritchard's 'Healing with Wholefoods' he has six pages of info on the subject.

Pritchard mentions citrus peel to stimulate chi

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Dedicated said:

Deer antler helps kids with severe Jing deficiency based on Paul Pritchard's 'Healing with Wholefoods' he has six pages of info on the subject.

This is correct but the question was what vegetarian food replenishes jing.  

On 05/11/2023 at 2:23 AM, Maddie said:

This is correct but the question was what vegetarian food replenishes jing.  

Healing with Wholefoods' has an agenda to steer people toward a vegetarian diet. Off the top of my head milk and almonds are good for kidneys which relates to Jing, I happened to have the book out and open at the time. Missed the critical detail of veg. To be honest I mentioned it aware it was a mere example. I had the book open looking Jing for an other thread we were both on. Hi, nice to meet you Maddie!

P.S. from what I've read, the attention given to Jing is more in the nature of preserving in TCM.

Edited by Dedicated
To add a P.S.
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Dedicated said:

Healing with Wholefoods' has an agenda to steer people toward a vegetarian diet. Off the top of my head milk and almonds are good for kidneys which relates to Jing, I happened to have the book out and open at the time. Missed the critical detail of veg. To be honest I mentioned it aware it was a mere example. I had the book open looking Jing for an other thread we were both on. Hi, nice to meet you Maddie!

P.S. from what I've read, the attention given to Jing is more in the nature of preserving in TCM.

Nice to meet you as well.

Yes from a TCM point of view its considered important to preserve Jing or more specifically pre-natal Jing by building up post natal Jing and Qi, 

• Thanks 2