Daniel

"Non-dual" misnomer

8 hours ago, dwai said:

Which one? ;) 

The one where if a lion eats us everything is kaput for us, the only reality.

Unlike a dream, where all sorts of things can happen after a lion eats us.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
On 8/21/2024 at 12:10 PM, dwai said:

You are caught up in subject-object duality and the limitations of language, and resorting to intellectual gymnastics. 

No.  That is rationalizing ( making excuses ) for the errors in what you wrote.  I asked if you could articulate my reasoning.  You either can't or won't.  I think it's a combination of both.

If you articulate my basic reasoning it clearly exposes errors in what you wrote.  Naturally you will avoid this and deny the errors exist.  You assert that you are enlightened, no?  Admitting that your consciousness is finite and incomplete is anathema to the self-bestowed title of enlightenment?  So you're never going to do it, because, doing so admits you are not enlightened now, and perhaps never will be in the way you desire.

And, you cannot understand what I've written because it is detailed, distinct, and describes differences between "things" which you deny.   It really has become a sort of self-imposed brain-washing.  And this is why I've described the cognitive effects of these non-dual realizations as a permanent change to the brain.  It's a functional regression.  There are things the brain can no longer do after it has "realized" non-duality according to your practice.  The brain and the mind seem to be compromised.  It literally cannot function properly.  It's like part of it has died, or been amputated. 

Perhaps this is the price one pays for that specific version of bliss?  I don't know.  But one thing is certain.  There's no way to rationally claim I'm wrong, if you don't understand what I've written.

Edited by Daniel
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, NaturaNaturans said:

IMG_2873.jpeg.f068e8a89ec5811e6e7865f35e88fbdf.jpeg

Everyone knows I'm not stupid, Matt.

The other problem with this, is that the the non-dual advocates I'm arguing with discourage learning, discourage intellect, and in that way encourage stupidity.  I am arguing with them, and it's not dragging me anywhere.  I've stated my case, but, my debate partners cannot and/or will not discuss it fairly.  That's all.

吃苦 chi1 ku3 - eat bitterness; (idiom) to persevere through hardship without complaint, or even to suffer.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I am arguing with them, and it's not dragging me anywhere.  I've stated my case, but, my debate partners cannot and/or will not discuss it fairly.

Neo, it’s not a way of being dragged anywhere… it’s about letting go (not the same as giving up!) and following the cute white little rabbit down the w/hole *🐰

…if you dare and are prepared enough… that might not be up to you - anyhow - these windows of opportunity are small, you gotta be prepared, if you think about it for one millisecond, it’s gone - 

*🐰or whatever they call it in your tradition (grace?)…

Edited by S:C
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, snowymountains said:

The one where if a lion eats us everything is kaput for us, the only reality.

Unlike a dream, where all sorts of things can happen after a lion eats us.

:D Don’t live near a lion then! Btw how do you know what happens after a lion eats us? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, S:C said:

Neo, it’s not a way of being dragged anywhere… it’s about letting go (not the same as giving up!) and following the cute white little rabbit down the w/hole *🐰

…if you dare and are prepared enough… that might not be up to you - anyhow - these windows of opportunity are small, you gotta be prepared, if you think about it for one millisecond, it’s gone - 

*🐰or whatever they call it in your tradition (grace?)…

Thank you.  That's useful and wise.

Posted (edited)
On 8/24/2024 at 8:02 PM, Daniel said:

Everyone knows I'm not stupid, Matt.

The other problem with this, is that the the non-dual advocates I'm arguing with discourage learning, discourage intellect, and in that way encourage stupidity.  I am arguing with them, and it's not dragging me anywhere.  I've stated my case, but, my debate partners cannot and/or will not discuss it fairly.  That's all.

No ... thats just you affirming things to yourself .

THIS is the HUGE chink in your 'armor' .

Its always people 'not discussing things fairly' with you isn't it ?      or not agreeing with you in the right way .

It valid if someone observes what you have been trying to do here , clearly sees the blocks in you , and some of the crazily self assuring statements you have made as 'being stupid' .

Its not to do with degrees or education  IQ  or  whatever ... stupid has its own particular way of creeping into all sorts of things. 

Also sometimes its hard to see our own 'stupid' when others around us can .

- of course, that HAS TO BE untrue .... yeah ?  

B)

Edited by Nungali

MODERATOR ACTION: I've locked this topic as the OP has been given a sabbatical from TDB for a month. The expectation is that once they return, they will have had time to introspect, and perhaps there will not be a need to unlock this topic. It is in bad taste to continue to post comments on posts by a suspended member. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1